Thread
Printable Version

The Gentleman's(and not so) Club

So as i mention as part upgrading to fiber we get free youview box which arrived today and after spend half hour go through on demand service  i realise why it was free LOL

What the hell happend to Sky 1 it used have loads of great shows now its all repeats

Sky 2 is just as bad

Fall preview Election results

I am little busy this month which is why i won't be online as much as i used to .

What an interesting map of the US.  Shame SC isn't inter supergirl.  Looks like heroes reborn is taking the lead.  

[ Last edited by arksongbird80 at 10-9-2015 13:36 ]
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 1146#1146 bala's post

I happened to catch that the other night on TV. I had to laugh at the boys who knew it was a Jimmy Kimmel bit.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 1147#1147 waterlilybarb's post

How are you ?

Sorry i haven't been on here much i become rather busy for a change

Reply 1148#1148 bala's post

Glad to hear you've been busy. Hopefully it's with positive things. I've not been super busy, but I'm behind on a few of the shows I usually watch. I have a bunch saved on my DVR. Funny thing is, I've been looking forward to watching them, but just haven't been in the mood for TV as much.

On a different note, since you fellas often talk about electronics and gadgets in here, I thought I'd mention that I got myself an Android TV box. I LOVE it! I've not ditched cable yet, but once I suss it out and figure out everything it can do, I just might cut the cord completely. The main thing I need to see is if I will be able to get any local channels. If not, I'll drop to basic cable. The rates are going down because of some new regulations here, so if I just keep basic, I'll be set. I may up my internet speed, but even with what I have now, I rarely have buffering or lag issues with anything I watch, and I don't have particularly speedy internet. The even cooler part is that the box didn't cost me anything out of pocket. I use a few earning sites online where you can get points and cash them in for gift cards. I try to keep my Amazon account with a decent balance from the gift cards so that I can take advantage of good deals. The next gadget I'd like is a tablet. I'd LOVE an iPad, but I hate that you can't add storage to them. I'm thinking a good Android one is probably more practical for me, and there are some really good ones now.

I'm alright today. Not a great day, but not the worst either. My doctor gave me a sample of a medication I've not tried before, so I took that for today's migraine. I'm not sure if it's one I'll ask for a prescription for, but there are others in the same family of drug, that I can try. If he can get samples, or if they are covered by my drug plan, I think I'll see if I can give something else a try. If I can just find the right one for me, I might have a chance of getting these miserable things under control so that I can have fewer days of being incapacitated by them. I wouldn't wish migraines on my worst enemy, though I sometimes wish that doctors who think they are just "bad headaches" would get just 1 really bad one so they could understand them better, and have a little more compassion for their patients. I'm lucky that my GP does seem to understand how debilitating they can be.

Hahaha! Just realized I've practically written a novella. Not sure why, but migraine medication always seems to make me chatty - even when the "chat" is typing.

Reply 1149#1149 waterlilybarb's post

The tablet i got Nexus 7 and it's android

It been working great for almost 18 months.

Reply 1150#1150 bala's post

Thanks. I'll keep that one in mind when I'm ready to buy.

Reply 1151#1151 waterlilybarb's post

Good thing they keep upgrade operation system every 6 months so you will have latest android version

Week off during christmas

I will back posting and catching up on tv show from past couple of months.

tried on-line shopping

Too lazy to go out but was surprised how quickly the clothes i selected ended up out of stock by the time i hit checkout my fault for not looking at it earlier

Reply 1154#1154 bala's post

Oops that's annoying.  maybe they will be back in stock in the new year

Reply 1155#1155 arksongbird80's post

it's fine i am not type of person that upset if i can't buy clothes.

This is why i prefer going to shops you don't see full selection that way you don't know what your missing when you see website it has full stock given that most item on sales are old stocks they want to get rid off.

Reply 1156#1156 bala's post

I agree.  I would just assume going to the store, buying what's infront of me or doing without.  I'll probably find something I like even more!  HAHAHA

Reply 1157#1157 arksongbird80's post

Exactly when you buy online it might look great on screen but actually see it with your own eyes it's different .

I need to replace my first car after having it for 10 years got it brand new and now we looking second hand car

Reply 1159#1159 bala's post

What model are you looking at?

Thread