Thread
Printable Version

The Gentleman's(and not so) Club

Reply 1120#1120 codebreaker's post

i feel so lonely on here watching tv shows solo

i even stop commenting on them.

I managed catch up on True detective and murder in the first this week.

Let me know when your computer issue get all sort out since its been dragging on for months .

I will be getting Fiber optic broadband next month

After 2 years of talk talk constantly asking us to upgrade to fibre my dad caved in and decided to get it with special offer and top of that  there are given us free tv box which we didn't even ask for they just gave it free as bonus for upgrading.

My broadband speed should increase quite a lot promised 36MB but knowing my luck it probably end being around 25MB

Reply 1122#1122 bala's post

That should be nice. Even if you "just" get 25MB, that's still fast! I always appreciate when they companies give something extra for upgrading, or even for staying with them.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 1123#1123 waterlilybarb's post

Yes but sadly my passion for tv show is dying it's getting too much to keep track all shows that start.

Focus on mainstream show only forget about rest otherwise i will never have any free time.

Reply 1124#1124 bala's post

Unless something really catches my interest, or a friend with similar taste recommends something, I rarely check out new shows these days. With all the different programs available, I actually seem to watch fewer series on a regular basis than I used to. I'd prefer fewer shows that were really good, as opposed to a ton of shows where you have to wade through a bunch of garbage to find something good.

Reply 1125#1125 waterlilybarb's post

I understand but i am one of those people like judge a show based on myself rather listen someone else opinion. Everyone has different taste just because 1 person like a show doesn't mean a second person would also like it. I have cut down quite a lot over past year but still affecting my life.

No matter how hard i try to move on, it's like itch you just can't scratch .

i feel like no-one been posting much since i have given up my daily tv show commentary .

Reply 1127#1127 bala's post

It might be because it's summer

Reply 1128#1128 spratt89's post

Generally this place has less post no matter what season it is .

Reply 1126#1126 bala's post

I actually have good friends who have similar taste to mine. I'm more apt to check something out if they say they liked it, since I might not have heard much about a show, or the previews didn't catch my interest. I don't continue watching something I don't like just because others do, but I will often check something out if I've had friends recommend it.

True, the forum is virtually inactive these days. I think new people are often intimidated by a forum, and when new people do post, they haven't always been welcomed, so they don't come back. If I visit a new forum and the response I get is rude or abrupt, I know it's unlikely I would post again.

Reply 1130#1130 waterlilybarb's post

We are all friendly here but you really need to use search feature if you want to navigate this place which probably put a lot of people off.

Reply 1131#1131 bala's post

I still wonder if people would be on here talking more if the site had been upgraded to its newest update a few years back, oh well

Reply 1132#1132 spratt89's post

We will never know but i reach the point this year where i just want to watch show and not comment on them .

Reply 1080#1080 bala's post

Guardians of the Galaxy was a lot different from the other Marvel films but amusing to watch and the music was a nice touch

Reply 1135#1135 codebreaker's post

it was surprise hit consider the fact it wasn't well known

Reply 1078#1078 bala's post

Looks like you mist Ant-Man (2015) as the last in Phase Two

Edit I just noticed you have it on the next list

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 8-17-2015 19:05 ]

Reply 1137#1137 codebreaker's post

You have caught up now you have to wait for the rest

Reply 1138#1138 bala's post

Scott getting caught returning the stolen ant suit was amusing and you cant blame him for not wanting it at first but the fact he was set up from the start to steal it was impressive

Reply 1139#1139 codebreaker's post

Scott had no idea what he was stealing which is understandable but convince him to use the suit to escape jail was amusing but CGI in this film was ridclous .

Thread