Thread
Printable Version

The Gentleman's(and not so) Club

Reply 1100#1100 bala's post

The only three components that have failed until now was graphics card, CD drive and a second hard drive so I think I will go for another HP computer but with my wife buying me a smart TV and my son getting me a Wireless Plus hard drive for my birthday I'm going to be able to watch on all devices anywhere

Reply 1101#1101 codebreaker's post

Nice i just watch everything on my laptop so i hardly watch TV anymore it's funny because tv has turned into a house statue .

Your crazy behind so i wouldn't like to be in your position as i would lost on which show to catch up on.

Glad it's all sorted

Reply 1103#1103 bala's post

It's only a temporary fix until the contractor decides what they are willing to pay for

Reply 1104#1104 codebreaker's post

Is it still under warranty ?

Reply 1105#1105 bala's post

Not after seven years and it's going to be cheaper to replace than repair for them

Reply 1106#1106 codebreaker's post

Yeah you said that so i had to assume you replace it hence why i said glad you got it sorted. The fact it's a  temporary fix means that either you still using it or they given you a replacement ?.

Reply 1107#1107 bala's post

My son dismantled his old computer and took the power unit to fix mine but as mine was damaged by the contractor they are not getting off so lightly as a proper diagnoses and repair in a shop is going to cost a lot more

Reply 1108#1108 codebreaker's post

You got a great kid there willing to do that .

wasn't sure if i was share this or not

Last few days have been tough and it's strange being on the other side of things.

my grandmother passed away last week and today was funeral i am emotionally tired which is a new human experience for me.

i was fine as soon as i found out i was at peace with it but today was too much

Reply 1110#1110 bala's post

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. Grief is a very individual thing, and I have found that I react differently to each loss. Sometimes it's nice to take an emotional "break", which I find watching a movie or a TV show helps me do. Other times, I need to process my emotions by allowing myself to feel them. There is no right or wrong way to do it. If you find it helpful to talk about it, please feel free to either post or send me a PM. If your parents, or other relatives, are ones to talk about things, you might find that talking about memories of your grandmother with them helps.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 1110#1110 bala's post

Sorry to hear that Bala. It's hard to lose a grandparent. They are always there and when they pass it can be really hard. Good advice from Barb there. I think it's important to also know that it's ok to not feel ok. Sometimes you have to own those emotions and just go with that feeling, at that time. You will feel better for it. Take care.

Thanks guys at least we don't have to worry about food for 1 week

Reply 1113#1113 bala's post

Ah, yes. That's a plus, especially if your parents are having to deal with any of the business side of dying. I appreciated any meals dropped off after my Mum passed away because I was so busy that I would forget to eat.

Reply 1114#1114 waterlilybarb's post

The only problem is the foods are quite unhealthy too much oil in food espically Asian food

Reply 1115#1115 bala's post

People DO tend to bring richer dishes than one would normally eat. Maybe add some extra veggies or some plain rice to some of them? That could cut down on the level of oil per serving. I know that I can't tolerate oily food for days on end, even if it tastes good. I've added stuff do dishes in the past, and it's helped a bit.

I thought there was only 1 way to hold a baby

FOR NEW DADS

I hate youtube never ever click on what to watch i waste days looking at suggested videos -it's worse than reality tv  

Time where i wish i didn't have free time

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 31-5-2015 18:23  
You didn't know about those movies ?

I much prefer Captain America 2: The Winter soldier to the first one. The first too historical based that it didn't really keep my interest.

Here the order

1  ...
I'm just getting back to Phase Two after watch all seven Fast & Furious films

Thread