Thread
Printable Version

Doctor Who Season 4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 80#80 bala's post

no series four will conclude after the 3 part finale and we will have to wait til 2010 for series 5! There will be four specials in 2009 (and a 2008 christmas special) but given this sites track record over the xmas specials it will leave a long wait for many members.

Me and you can watch it on TV or Iplayer but for the non-uk residents this could be a real issue.

Reply 81#81 gaiusx's post

Can you copy it on to realplayer then send it to me in an email.

i'm sure you will be able to find it on you tube

Next Episode- Doctor Who's 'Midnight' terror

Doctor Who's 'Midnight' terror

The first thing to note about this episode is that it's very Donna-lite. Production-wise, this ties in with next week's episode, which is veeery Doctor-lite. But more about that next week.

So, the Doctor goes on his mystery tour while Donna lounges by the pool, but before reaching its destination the ship suddenly breaks down. No-one is allowed to venture - or even look - outside because of the lethal extonic rays. A rescue ship is promptly deployed, so everything is fine. Right?

Oh, one other thing...
Don't blink - or you might miss it.

regarding the last episode - inquiring minds want to know (ie. mine)
a) what is the doctors name that she whispered?
b) what did he mean by what he said about he would only be able to tell her that name when? when what?????!!!!

next week looks good.

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Reply 85#85 kwargalla's post

Well the episode was alright but very creepy , next week 3-parter with Roses return it seem she's not same rose that doctor knows she is a different version of rose

Reply 86#86 bala's post

Extremly creepy. Reminded me of 'Blink' in that before it aired the trailers made it look very average and then it creeped the hell out of me! Very good and very dark!

What makes you say that about Rose? Bala have you been reading Internet Spoilers!

Reply 85#85 kwargalla's post

Well his name is the great question isn't it I mean Doctor Who? Steven Moffat has said that for it to be so secret there must be a reason. I mean even those oracles in Pompeii couldn't tell what it was.

Well Wife seems the obvious answer but it could be more complicated. mother maybe? he did once say he was half human (Although this is massivly debated by the DW community as whether this is canon or not).

[ Last edited by gaiusx at 6-15-2008 11:31 ]

As bala said before next week is a Doctor-lite episode. In fact it has been billed as a companion special. which would imply it might not just have Donna & Rose in it, But Martha, Captain Jack & Sarah Jane (all scheduled to be in the finale at some point).

I can't wait!

RTD (head writer) has hinted that as many as two companion could die in the finale. Considering Jack's Immortality and Sarah jane has her own series they can be ruled out.  Even if one of the companions is Jack (which would be a massive cop out) that still leaves one out of Rose, Donna & Martha. I'm going to rule out Martha due to the strong likelyhood of her being a permenant torchwood member next year.   
So Rose, Donna or Both!?!?!?!?!?!

Who's your money on?

P.S. RTD is notorious for lieing to fans to get them all worked up theroising (quite right to!) so this could and must likely IS a red herring.

[ Last edited by gaiusx at 6-15-2008 11:33 ]

Reply 87#87 gaiusx's post

Quote:
What makes you say that about Rose? Bala have you been reading Internet Spoilers!
i read the episode desciption for next episode and that what it said . i honestly don't know how they are going explain that but it also mention this preview at end this week week episode very briefly

Reply 90#90 bala's post

Ah Okay. I'm assuming they just are refering to her being a warrior with a gun as opposed to anything more dramatic tbh. but we will wait and see.

Reply 92#92 bala's post

Don't post tempting links to spoilers! I've already heard so many rumours about the next three episodes that at the moment I'm not sure what will happen as they can't all be true. However reading it there's nothing i hadn't heard before. I mean the mid-series trailer as good as showed Davros (on the HD version you can even see his controls).anybody who knows anything about old Dr who could tell who it was,or at least work out after the daleks, cybermen & the master he was next. and if you don't know anything about Old who then none of this will make sense until saturday.

Reply 93#93 gaiusx's post

i never watched old dr.who so i have no idea who he is

Intriqing Rumour. could be a minor spoiler.

the title is called Turn Left as the episode will show two fates. One where Donna turns Left(at what I don't know) and one where she turns right. very sliding doors.

I heard this at work so its from a very unreliable source but it is such an intriquing idea I wanted to get your opinions.

Reply 95#95 gaiusx's post

Well it sound interesting but i still trying figure out how rose got to reality of Earth?

Reply 94#94 bala's post

well he's being played by the guy who played the ringmaster in that creepy 'Torchwood' circus episode.

Won't say more as will ruin the suprise.

EDIT: and since you don't know who he is canb you guess wherehe is in the mid-series trail?

[ Last edited by gaiusx at 6-17-2008 17:33 ]

Reply 97#97 gaiusx's post

I still don't get how the dr is dead?-at start of preview donna say he dead but i just don't understand it i mean how can he be dead-nothing can kill him right?.

Reply 98#98 bala's post

Well he has 13 regeneration cycles meaning he can regenerate 12 twelve times . the current doctor is the tenth having regened 9 times.but he clearly isn't 100% invincible . The Daleks would only go to war against the time lords if they could kill them. so thaere my guess. besides we only saw his hand it could be a ruse.

Reply 99#99 gaiusx's post

What if Donna had never met the Doctor on her wedding day? What if she'd never even got engaged at all? These are some of the questions this episode asks - and answers, in quick succession.

Thread