Thread
Printable Version

Doctor Who Season 4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 40#40 RyanB1's post

he's been lonely a long time

Tonight Episode

Wow now that's what i call an ending

bloody brilliant!!!
Amazing episode, and all that running    
We got to see martha in top form, the doctors daughter (all the best to her!) and donna's starting to grow on me.  
I feel for the Doctor!! it's so sad that he out lives everyone   but now once again he is not the only time lord - he just has to bump into Jenny again on some far away world.  that will make a funny episode.

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Reply 43#43 kwargalla's post

now the question is will she be next bad girl?

will they make her character hate the dr for leaving her behind?

Reply 44#44 bala's post

better not.  she left the planet with so much hope for the future.  i hope that she goes around like him and they one day run in to each other and have some adventures.

Reply 45#45 kwargalla's post

she could be his companion next season, she very young

Fantastic episode

Haven't seen the episode yet been too busy.  I wonder if its his daughter Susan from the old series?
Lost in space and time, trying to find the way.

Reply 48#48 RyanB1's post

nope new daughter.

Reply 49#49 kwargalla's post

i'm not looking forward to next week episode it looks boring

It was a great episode but I still can't stand Donna!! I personally think that Jenny will star in her own spin-off centering about the adventures she has. I also agree with bala about the next episode it won't be nearly as exciting as this one!!
Recent Ratings
  • bala Points +2 thanks for your comment 6-9-2008 09:04

Reply 51#51 Fossil's post

i would love to see a jenny spin-off

Reply 48#48 RyanB1's post

That's what I thought when I heard about the doctor's daughter in the episode

Jenny was ok for that episode but I wouldn't watch her own spin off

Reply 50#50 bala's post

*sigh* I happen to agree with you

BTW was I seeing things when I watched next weeks trailer and thought I saw Cassandra maybe I need more sleep

Doctor Who 4x07

Well this wasn't most exciting episode in fact i have say it nice episode where thing unfolded nicely and giant bee not exactly scary but next weeks episode looks quite exciting.

Well i had my sunday morning (happened to be afternoon by the time i watched it - bit hung over today) Doctor Who fill but as other's above have said with only watching the preview it wasn't that exciting.  but it did have it's moments of fun.  Loved the way donna "SHOCKED" the doctor.  the whole charades portion was silly but it made me laugh.  it was an interesting premise but it just lacked a little something-something.

I thought it was a great episode.  Actually sat down to watch this one on our website.  I'm a Who fan who doesn't have time to watch his passion half the time because of work.
Lost in space and time, trying to find the way.

There wasn't much wrong with it. However the last two series, this one in particular have been so ambitious ,that it just felt a bit tame. the Ood and the Daughter episodes had many more flaws but when they were good, they were great. whereas this just felt like most of series two good fun but not something I will spend monday morning talking to my friends about.  
Anybody Agree?

Oh well I have high expectations for next week's two parter as it's written by easily the best doctor who writer, Steven Moffat. Who also wrote the excellent 'Blink', 'Girl in the Fireplace' and the series 1 two parter that introduced Capt Jack(the Empty child and the Doctor Dances).  by those standards it should be both brilliant and a wee bit scary.

The episode - the first of a two-parter - is set in the 51st century on a planet housing the biggest library in the universe. So big, in fact, that the whole planet is a library. However, 100 years ago it was suddenly sealed off and its inhabitants sent out a cryptic warning: "If you want to live, count the shadows."

When the Doctor and Donna arrive on the scene, the entire library is deserted. Using one of his fancy gadgets, the Doctor determines that he and Donna are the only two humanoid life-forms on the planet, but when it comes to general life-forms, there are apparently a million million knocking around.

Naturally, the library houses its fair share of books. Being the biggest library in the universe, it has books on every subject imaginable - including detailed accounts of historic events. Events which, for Donna at least, have yet to happen. The Doctor warns her against having a peek, claiming that spoilers are best avoided. The cheek!

Thread