Thread
Printable Version

Doctor Who Season 4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Doctor Who Season 4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About Season 4 Here

So it's back tonight and i'm not excited about donna becoming dr.who new assistant it's going to be annoying but it's dr.who episode so i have to see what happens.

Click Here For The Doctor Who About & Episode Guides

Click Here To Watch Doctor Who on VIPTV.net

Episode 1

Well i have to say i found those fat baby really cute and adorable but that what i love about this show it's just always strange but comedy is trying too hard-i felt uneasy with forced comical aspect of the episode like when two of them were doing hand signal or dialogue between them felt boring. maybe it's just me but i find donna really annoying but appearance of rose was odd she disappeared. what does that mean?

i am so happy The Doctor is back!!!
and i totally agree with you bala regarding the fat babys.  i want one for a pet.  but i have to disagree with you regarding the hand signal bit - i laughed really hard at that.  As for Catherine tate - not a huge fan, she has a long way to go before i accept her as one of the doctors companions . and the way i can tell is that the 20 seconds that Rose was there stole the whole show from her.  
all and all a great start to the new season!!

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Reply 3#3 kwargalla's post

i admit it was funny but wholly inappropriate for the situation loved 'are we interrupting  you'

it not strong start but it's ok

decent episode but after Martha's brilliant intro last year i was hoping for a bit more. problem wasn't cathraine tate who I thought aquited herself very well it was that there wasn't a real bad guy unlike in Rose & Martha's first episodes and Donna's xmas special.

Donna will take time to get used to and unlike her predecessors she has quite alot of competition as we know both Rose and Martha (along with Captain Jack and Sarah Jane Smith!) are all returning at points this series. Also for new fans rose was there first companion and Martha was equally as good so she has alot to live up to. She only has two episodes before Martha returns so shes got a short time too impress.

I'm glad they're going for a new dynamic as being older, with a tottally different family, should be interesting especially as she seems less in awe of him as the others.
Recent Ratings
  • bala Points +2 good comment 6-9-2008 09:01

Reply 5#5 gaiusx's post

it will be a different dynamic but i don't think any of the companions should not be in awe of the doctor.  hopefully she won't fall in love with him. but in awe just imagine what you'd come across traveling with him - very different that taking a trip to Egypt  (and i've been there and was in awe of it but off world or in a different time is something all together!!)

ehhh I don't know. They don't seem to have all that much romantic or comedic connection between them. We will have to see how it goes.
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

Next week episode

The Fires Of Pompeii

This week Doctor and The Donna land in AD79 (only 52 years after Jack's burial, eh?) in Pompeii, the day before the big blowout. The Doctor is keen to scarper straight away - although needless to say, events conspire against him - while Donna is determined that the pair do something to save the clueless townsfolk. There are guest stars aplenty in this episode, including Peter Capaldi (last seen as Sid's dead dad in Skins), Phil Davis and Tracey Childs.

The Sisterhood
This is Doctor Who, so it's not just as simple as a volcano blowing its top. The supernatural-tinged mystery involves a group of ladies known as the Sisterhood - no relation to those feline creatures from previous series - who have the ability to tell future events. For example, they know who the Doctor and Donna are, and they seem to know a bit about what's in store for them both too.

Reply 8#8 bala's post

sounds good.  i'm just so excitted doctor who's back i hate having to wait the week inbetween the episodes!!

Reply 9#9 kwargalla's post

i didn't want give too much away

The second episode was slightly better but a hard decision had to be made.

i'm surprised no-one has made a comment about this episode?

Reply 12#12 bala's post

Well, honestly, I've adored the first two episodes of the season.  This companion is so different from the previous two who were head over heels for the Doctor.
Recent Ratings
  • bala Points +2 good comment 6-9-2008 09:02

episode 2 - i enjoyed this episode even though it was very sad.  i'm happy that donna could be a little voice of reason and helped that one family.  it was really kind of the doctor to say what he did to donna at the end and it really is true - he does need someone with him.

next week the ood (not spelt correct i know) are back - they were freaky the 1st time around should be fun to see them again.

episode 3

This avarage episode not really exciting at least he didn't kill them this time but donna got a dose of reality in this episode i can't wait next week episode with Martha

Donna is still annoying but she has become a lot more tolerable to watch after a few episode

i'm starting to enjoy donna - i think it's the snappy come backs she has.  also the aah cause she looked for the doctor to go on this adventurre and now she's finding out it's not all roses,  the last 2 companions happened by chance.

2 questions i have from this episode
1. what's with the Bee's disapearing!! their setting something up
2. what was with the ood prophecy that the doctors song is going to end soon?  is that a hint that their gonna change doctors again?

Reply 17#17 kwargalla's post

We will just have to wait and see

I have to say I'm not thoroughly enjoying this series so far (I haven't seen the Xmas special...prolly won't unless whoever adds the episodes online listens to my whining LOL)
Yes Donna is annoying but like gaiusx said she's not in awe so no romance connection or interest....but I'll admit she can have her moments..... my fave would have had to be the bees comment last episode
Recent Ratings
  • bala Points +3 good comment 6-9-2008 09:02

promotional poster for next episode

Thread