Thread
Printable Version

Robin Hood Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 2#2 bala's post

I've only read the 1st two posts, since I've only watched the first episode. I really enjoyed it.  I liked the way it ended...setting us up to meet those who I'm assuming will become his "band of merry men".  Marian is a great female character, even though she didn't have a huge role in this episode.  It portrayed her as very strong and loyal to her father and those she loves.  It's always great to see a show...especially one mostly about men, have a strong female in the mix.  I tire easily of the "damsel in distress".  Definitely looking forward to seeing more of this show.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 12#12 waterlilybarb's post

Well trust me your in go a ride-Marin is one hell of a women i just didn't like the fact....well if you get second season-read my comment when you finish.

Reply 12#12 waterlilybarb's post

Marian is definitely not a damsel in distress! She is a really strong woman and that's also one of the things that I love about the show. She doesn't just sit back and let other people deal with the injustice going on, she actually goes and does something about it, even though it's pretty dangerous at times for her. Keep watching, she'll only impress you more as it goes on!
"You're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!"

Well Marian being gone makes me not want to wacth any more as she was one of the main reasons I loved the show so much. As Barb said in the season 1 discussion, it's good to see a strong female character in a predominantly male world. I'll probably give the next season chance but I'm not looking forward to it as much and can't see how they are going to do the legend of Robin Hood justice without a Maid Marian. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
"You're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!"

Reply 10#10 meljones_83's post

totally agree!!

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Reply 10#10 meljones_83's post

i have feeling they will bring her back-witchcraft something along these lines.

Reply 13#13 bala's post

Unfortunately, I unwittingly came across some info I would have rather waited to find out through watching the show.  I was looking up information on one of the actors and caught a glimpse of future storylines.  I hate when that happens!  I know it's not exactly a spoiler, since it's not a new show, but it's new to me, and I don't like to know what's going to happen before it happens.  Thankfully, I only saw one sentence, so not much was spoiled for me.

I've seen episode 2 now and I was right about the "outlaws" in the forest.   I enjoy figuring things like that out.  I'll let you know when I have a chance to watch some more.  I haven't been watching much of anything lately, because of the migraine I had, but maybe next week I'll have a chance to do a little marathon, and at least finish series one.

Reply 15#15 waterlilybarb's post

quiz coming today

Reply 16#16 bala's post

Good-o!  Looking forward to it.

Reply 17#17 waterlilybarb's post

i wouldn't if i was you because i'm going get loads complaints about just wait and see what i have done.

i heard that the actress wanted to leave so she could make movies.I am sad that marian died but am disapointed that 2 of my fav characters Will and Djaq stayed in Acre. :

Reply 13#13 superhero's post

She didn't say that she said she would be interested in movies but let just see what happen in 3rd season

Reply 14#14 bala's post

I just finished season 2 of RH....and I gotta say that I liked it that Will and Djaq confessed their love to one another... and it just sucks that they killed Marian...but I have a stinking hunch that she is not totally gone...but they better not introduce another love interest for Robin or resurrect her by bringing in another Marian (i.e. secret twin sister from out of nowhere) and uh uhhh it better not be a dream sequence or I'll be pissed off.  Othere then that....great show great season...!!!

ROBIN HOOD Season 3 Discussion

Ok guys the new season start in few hours and it going to be interesting how robin meet brother tuck.

Episode 1

Wasn't really impressed with this episode

I  really hope this was not the preview of what the whole season is like. CRAP!!
I mean you can tell the writers were just flustered that they had no Marion, I mean didn't they just have half her face burned and have her wear a mask so we could have a new actress.
Robin who was suppose to be running non stop from the holy land to kill Guy, looked like he was at a spa that served McDonalds for every meal the last few months. Plus his Band of 3 merry men did nothing but run the whole episode. I am surprised they could deliver any lines without passing out.

Friar Tuck on the other hand was a bright spot so may stick around for that. Plus where are our female leads?
Hope they introduce them soon.

Reply 3#3 gabsimom's post

the female lead is the next episode-in preview you saw blond lady-she going join the gang

Well at least it is a Blond this time,

Reply 5#5 gabsimom's post

i don't like blondes

Marian had nice hair

Is this series worth watching than?
Rick

Thread