Thread
Printable Version

Stargate Atlantis Season 4-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Stargate Atlantis Season 4-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About Seasons 4-5 Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-4-2015 12:21 ]

Reply #1 gabsimom's post

I just finished watching it.  I don't like that Weir is part replicator, but that might be the trick to how they'll get some ZPM's from the replicators.  

I noticed Torri Higginson isn't in the main credits anymore.  I wonder if that means she'll be gone soon.  If it was her decision to leave, then I say OK, but if they are getting rid of her to bring in Amanda Tapping (who I love) I'll be bummed.  I REALLY don't like it when they dispose of characters I like.  I'm still not happy about Carson's demise.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Well I hear we may get to see Carson soon. Hmm I wonder if it is a flash back. We know he did not acend.

Reply #3 gabsimom's post

Maybe it will be like after he died and was on the platform talking to McKay.  It wasn't real, but at least we got to see him and have a proper good-bye.

Well i was waiting for you lot to see it i thought it was quite a good start to the season-a lot space SFX were cool and it had enough action to keep me intrested as to weir being half-replicator i agree that's a bad idea but if there had no choice surely that would be better decision than letting her die?

can't wait to see Saturday episode

eeehhhh I was so-so on the episode really. The Weir thing is a bit of a cop-out I think, I am tired of replicators- give us something new and more freaky!!! And since Amanda Tapping is taking over, Weir is either going to die or resign. Maybe she will become the replicator queen
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

that would be cool

So Weir is now trapped in the replicator city. With the Replicators busy fighting the Wraith and the Wraith busy with them who do you think the new big and bad is going to be? I hope its not the Ori or Micheal.

i have no idea but i'm sure new bad in next few episode can't wait to see who it is

Reply #9 bala's post

Look at your pretty medal.

Reply #8 gabsimom's post

Just got to watch the most recent episode.  I'm loving this season already.  It will be interesting to see who or what they come across this season.  I REALLY don't want it to be the Ori either.  Maybe it will be some of Michael's super-wraith...but I hope not...they creep me out.

Reply #11 waterlilybarb's post

Just finished watching the 3rd episode of this season.  Things are falling in place.  Very nice.

ok just watched eppy 3. I felt a little short changed. The whole Ronan story line felt like a rerun. But Sam is looking good. Love the new longer hair and Rodney too funny . What do you guys think?

Reply #13 gabsimom's post

How did it feel like a rerun?  I agree, it was short on substance, but I didn't immediately guess what they were.  Samis looking good, and it was nice to see Teal'c.  Rodney never fails to make me laugh, which is always a good thing.

I think they probably spent so much on the first 2 episodes that they had to dial it back a bit on this one.  I like the stories about people, without all special FX, I just wish this one had given us a little more back story on Ronan.

I would love more about Ronan too. But I really had deja-vu with the story. I totally called the working with the Wraith thing. I can this season is gonna be one of the best though. Teal'c is so awesome I hope he visits Atlantis soon. He and Ronan would be so cool to see together. And what about Teyla as his love intrest. oooo.

Reply #15 gabsimom's post

yeah it was rather predictable but i'm glad ronin is staying but was it just me or did sam actually looked better wearing the Atlantis uniform than Stargate uniform and it was nice to see tea'c in the episode even if it was only for 4 minutes 15 seconds.

Did anyone see the latest Atlantis episode? Sheppard did great playing bad/good. I liked the new take on crystal entities. What did you guys think?

Reply #17 gabsimom's post

I liked it.  I watched it yesterday, and agree - Sheppard does a good evil version of himself.

I found the dreams interesting too, since it gave us a little insight into what the fears are of some of our character.
Rodney was hysterical again.  And when he was in Sheppard's dream...that comment, "I thought there'd be more hot chicks," or something to that effect, along with Sheppard's response of, "I know", had me laughing out loud.

I like how they're not overloading us with Carter right away, and how whatever they experience, it seems she has a story of something similar happening before.  It's a nice way to include SG-1 storylines without them taking over.  On that note, this take on crystal entities was interesting and different from what had before.  They're keeping the stories fresh...I definitely like that.

One last thing, with Carter being military, does anyone else miss the splash of colour Weir's red shirts brought to the show?  I hope someone else starts wearing something brighter than khaki.  It's visually rather dull.

Quote:
Originally posted by waterlilybarb at 10-21-2007 18:23
One last thing, with Carter being military, does anyone else miss the splash of colour Weir's red shirts brought to the show?  I hope someone else starts wearing something brighter than khaki.  It's visually rather dull.
Yes I agree, Atlantis should have more color. They have people from other planets working with them, Why can't Teyla or Ronan wear a little color.

Reply #19 gabsimom's post

My sentiments exactly!

Thread