Thread
Printable Version

Torchwood General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

What a great returning episode and it's nice thing never change with Gwen and her man they really great at arguing and what action packed ending. It did feel like same torchwood but bigger than before you can clearly see American influence on this episode the whole RPG situation was typically American no way would happen old seasons.  

I had feeling miracle day would opposite effect on jack

Image for VIP

A possible image for VIP

Reply 7#7 bala's post

What a way for Jack to introduce himself to the new girl, Esther while in the fountain and the head opening it's eyes was creepy but taking out the helicopter was great but a little close to the jeep

something i don't understand is why it had to be a grouping of episodes.  Why not a season like before.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 10#10 arksongbird80's post

techically it's a season

I thought it was a great season opening, but quite frankly I liked british TV because it doesn't have all the blowing up.    Still a good start.  

If i was Gwen, I would advise those men not to point a gun at my baby.  

Reply 12#12 arksongbird80's post

All the seasons of Torchwood had quite a bit of blowing up
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 12#12 arksongbird80's post

I liked it, and was sad it ended.  I missed Torchwood and glad we get 10 episodes.  And I love seeing Gwen again.  
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Episode 2

Well this another great episode and you knew plane ride would get a little complicated and some new character who will become major players. why do i think red coated girl is behind all of this?

I find that the americans don't do witty banter as well as the brits.  It seems to me that the characters are missing that fun playful edge that went well with the seriousness of the situations. I already can feel that undertone of good always triumphs over evil and americans always prevail happy ending that they use in nearly all their action movies.  
For some reason every time Gwen say Torchwood it makes me cringe. I feel like they are trying to wave a big sign in front of me saying you are watching Torchwood when clearly I know I already am
Irony. Yummy and delicious like cake.

Reply 16#16 woothdye's post

This is what happens when co-produce a show you have to make compromises.

the reporter was very unprofessional and highly judgemental.  I really didnt' like him.

Yes the Banter is off Woothdye.  It's heavy with something but it's not fun.

Reply 18#18 arksongbird80's post

There is some banter, I think it might pick up,   we will just have to see and take each one as it comes, also Jack is mortal, something he has never had to deal with before, so I am betting he is a bit off.   Plus IT IS TORCHWOOD, I am just so glad to see Jack and Gwen again.    I also don't trust the pr person in red.

If I could start a poll I would ask how many people think Gwen's last word of the episode will be either Torchwood Jack or other
Irony. Yummy and delicious like cake.

Reply 15#15 bala's post

4x02 Rendition
The plane scene was amusing especially saying to Gwen about being the best England has got but the broken neck was funny

Reply 21#21 codebreaker's post

Yeah see guys there some good lines it's just not as good as before.

I am loving it so far this season. Full of action and surprises, lots of new characters to love!

Reply 23#23 gabsimom's post

It is going to get real interesting now that they are all on the run from the CIA

Reply 24#24 sanggye's post

Ain't they always on the run?

Dead of Night

This was ok episode but no where closer to finding out who is responsible but look like drug company is behind it but how did they know?.

Thread