78 1234
Thread
Printable Version

About the Show Member Challenge

Reply #363 sddvasquez's post

double aaargh - i thought i had put up the south park when i finished it! sorry, here it is to be checked. i'll go back to see if i'm missing anything other than the star treks that i said i'd do...
...the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me

Four boys. One f**ked up town.

the story:
The series has been distributed and aired by Comedy Central since 1997. It is well-known for its pop-culture parody, scatological humor, and satirical handling of current events. The show’s twelfth season began airing on March 12, 2008 and it is contracted to produce new episodes through a fifteenth season, until late 2011. In 1999, South Park was made into a feature-length film titled “South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut”.

The show is set in the fictional town of South Park, Colorado. (an unexplained peculiarity is that it is almost always winter in South Park) South Park is inspired by both real-life towns in the South Park basin and the Denver suburbs, where South Park co-creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker grew up.

the main cast:

Episode Guides:
seasons 1-12

start watching!
if you’re not a vip member yet and want to find out how to watch South Park on this site, please go here

info from the wikipedia

[ Last edited by sddvasquez at 7-20-2008 23:22 ]
Recent Ratings
  • gabsimom Points +10 great! 8-25-2008 07:28

what the heck, didn't i ever send star trek: TNG? i guess it would be cheating to use for the race i'll put them up here tomorrow.

for the race we'll work on notes from the underbelly, which we watched one night - talk about time we'll never get back

sometimes i think i've got to stop smoking all that crack

i've also got all the episode guides done for TNG. don't blow up on me tonight, little computer

About Notes From The Underbelly

This ABC show ran for two seasons from 2007 - 2008.

the story:
Based on the eponymous novel by Risa Green, the show follows sensible Andrew and emotive Lauren Stone who are happily married. When they decide to embrace the 'joys of parenthood', their lives change, as well as those of his best friend Danny and landscaping staff, her selfish boss (plus her boss's PA), and their wealthy frenemies Eric and Julie - who provide a little jealous rivalry as they have been pregnant longer and so become parents sooner.

the cast:
Jennifer WestfeldtLauren Stone
Peter CamborAndrew Stone
Michael WeaverDanny Jenkins
Rachael HarrisCooper
Melanie Deanne MooreJulie
Sunkrish BalaEric

info compiled from wikipedia.org and the imdb

episode guides:
Seasons 1-2

start watching!
How to become a VIP Member

[ Last edited by sddvasquez at 9-23-2010 15:30 ]
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +10 great - thanks - treasures to come 9-23-2010 16:17

Notes From The Underbelly: Season 1-2 Episode Guides

This ABC show ran for two seasons from 2007 - 2008.

Season One
1. "Pilot"
Andrew and Lauren are deciding if they really want a family or not. But the advice from their friends is not helping them at all! Are they going to have a baby or are they going to continue their lives without one?

2. "Animal Style"
Andrew and Lauren are discovering that changes in their life is inevitable. While Lauren must trade her Mini Cooper for a mini-van, Andrew must get rid of his hockey table. But things are getting complicated for Lauren when she learns that her driver license is expired and that she must do all of her tests all over again.

3. "Million Dollar Baby"
Because of the overwhelming impending costs of having a baby, Andrew looks for a way to save some money... at Lauren's expense. He decides to ask for Danny's help and takes additional landscaping jobs, even if neither are equipped for manual labor. During the meantime, Lauren wonders is she should continue to work or leave her job since he's not getting through to the students she counsels.

4. "Oleander"
With Lauren pregnant, the couple quickly find out the pros and cons of pregnancy. Lauren's pregnancy gets in the way of the couple when they try to have some intimacy. Meanwhile, Lauren's highly noticeable "pregnancy" breasts attires the attention of the rich students she counsels.

5. "Julie & Eric's Baby"
During a trip to the mall for makeup, Julie's water prematurely breaks. With Eric rushing home from a business trip, Julie ask her friends to be present during the birth. Andrew and Lauren must abruptly abandon their romantic weekend getaway. Danny offers to help by ensuring that their hotel plans don't go to waste.

6. "Mother's Milk"
While Lauren isn't convinced breastfeeding is necessary, Andrew refuses to change his mind and claims that being a breastfed baby is the reason why he is successful today as a Landscaper Architect. Meanwhile, Julie and Eric relation isn't going better and the couple tries to reconnect after the birth of Baby Perry, while Cooper falls for an awesome employee.

7. "Keeping Up Appearances"
While Lauren tries to prove to her co-workers, and to herself, that being pregnant won't affect her job. But things don't turn out as planned, and the advice she gave to one of her students put her job in jeopardy. During the meantime, Julie and Cooper realize that they have only on thing in common --Lauren.

8. "Surprise"
Today is Andrew's birthday. Everyone has gathered to celebrate this special day. Even Andrew's old college buddy is there to celebrate. But the only problem is that Andrew doesn't like him at all. Sadly, this day will turn for the worse when some of the biggest secrets are gonna be revealed.

Season Two
9. "She's Gotta Have It"

Andrew decides that it's time for him to show more confidence in himself. The experience proves to be a big turn-on for Lauren. But with Andrew getting more and more confident in himself and his abilities, the couple is future threatened. During the meantime, Danny and Cooper are also finding themselves in a strange situation.

10. "The Blackout"
After a power outage, Lauren suddenly becomes paranoid about every little thing and worries that she isn't ready to take care of a baby. Andrew, on the other hand, is feeling very confident about his parenting abilities, until he kills a mock "baby" at their infant CPR class. Meanwhile Andrew's friend, Danny, excels in class by flirting with the 52-year-old-teacher, and Cooper uses Julie's sexy baby blog as a way to bond with the "brown baggers" at her firm.

11. "Heather's Visit"
When Lauren's cool younger sister, Heather, visits for a job interview, Lauren launches a campaign to convince her to move to Los Angeles. She would love to have Heather nearby when the baby's born, but will her aggressive attempts to sell her sister on LA end up pushing her away? Meanwhile, as Lauren's consumed with her sister's visit, Julie convinces Cooper to keep her company while Eric's away on business. But when new mom Julie falls asleep from exhaustion, Cooper is confronted with one of her greatest fears, a crying baby.

12. "Not Without My Noodles"
Cooper makes a new friend. Andrew agrees to landscape Julie and Eric's garden for baby Perry's official "coming out" party. Danny want to play piano at the party.

13. "Friends and Neighbors"
When Lauren and Andrew make an appointment with a lawyer to create their will, they're faced with the important decision of choosing Olivia's legal guardian should anything happen to them. After Julie and Eric turn them down because they're "booked," they decide to ask their neighbors, a couple they hate for being too perfect -- until it dawns on them what great guardians they'd make.

14. "If The Shoe Fits"
It seems everything is beginning to remind Lauren of the weight she's gained in the six months she's been pregnant, leaving her feeling decidedly un-sexy, as Cooper, Julie and Andrew do whatever they can to help her out of her funk. Meanwhile, Danny asks Julie if he can borrow her baby to attract women in the park.

15. "The List"
Lauren enlists Danny's help to surprise Andrew with VIP passes to the big concert festival in Palm Springs. The gesture is meant as a last hurrah gift before the baby arrives and to offer a break from Andrew, who's been overly concerned the baby's about to be born with every grimace and expression of exasperation Lauren makes. Once at the festival, Lauren starts to experience what she thinks is indigestion, which prompts Andrew, when he sees their car is blocked, to commandeer a tour bus to get to the hospital.

info from wikipedia
Recent Ratings
  • gabsimom Treasure +4 9-23-2010 16:34
  • waterlilybarb Points +10 5 for each guide - thanks 9-23-2010 16:17

ok, we checked the links. hopefully they're good to go

we're in the race

Reply #1428 waterlilybarb's post

thanks!

must sleep now oh yes, after checking in...

Reply #1431 sanggye's post

i think it looks great for a first go! if you want your table to show the names on one line just change the initial spec to a larger number like [table=500][tr][td][url=......

i would also argue against using the "Space... the Final Frontier." quote as that is supposed to have come "later" (with the original series (in 1966, hahahahahahaaa) and would suggest something like "it's been a long road getting from there to here" (which is from enterprise's sappy opening theme) or "the vulcans weren't always so friendly" or "tactical alert - it was supposed to be the reed alert"...

wow, that's really too nerdy

Reply #1433 codebreaker's post

use the imdb for your cast member links and you can cut and paste info from anywhere (tv.com, wikipedia, and such) as long as you say where.

here's a post on making tables (sorry the apostrophes are all crazy)

Reply #1436 sanggye's post

hahahhahahaaaa - geek alert, geek alert! whooop, whooop, whooop

i think you've got it with that one

Reply #1443 codebreaker's post

get rid of the extraneous code. than, in the edit post mode, click the text you want to make a link (the person's name or the page name) then click the hypertext link (looks like a infinity symbol, directly to the left of the alignment choices on the function bar) and past your link there.

here's the code for the "about" that i posted (with the curly braces instead of brackets)

{size=4}{color=YellowGreen}{b}the cast:{/b}{/color}{/size}
{table=280}{tr}{td}{url=http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0922724/}{color=YellowGreen}Jennifer Westfeldt{/color}{/url}{/td}{td}Lauren Stone{/td}{/tr}{tr}{td}{url=http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1186775/}{color=YellowGreen}Peter Cambor{/color}{/url}{/td}{td}Andrew Stone{/td}{/tr}{tr}{td}{url=http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0915919/}{color=YellowGreen}Michael Weaver{/color}{/url}{/td}{td}Danny Jenkins{/td}{/tr}{tr}{td}{url=http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0006713/}{color=YellowGreen}Rachael Harris{/color}{/url}{/td}{td}Cooper{/td}{/tr}{tr}{td}{url=http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0601609/}{color=YellowGreen}Melanie Deanne Moore{/color}{/url}{/td}{td}Julie{/td}{/tr}{tr}{td}{url=http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1726993/}{color=YellowGreen}Sunkrish Bala{/color}{/url}{/td}{td}Eric{/td}{/tr}{/table}
{size=1}info compiled from wikipedia.org and the imdb{/size}

{size=4}{color=YellowGreen}{b}episode guides:{/b}{/color}{/size}
{size=3}Seasons 1-2{/size}

{align=center}{size=5}{font=Verdana}{url=http://viptv.net/index.php?type=titleid&keyword=369&mod=search&orderby=movid}{color=YellowGreen}start watching!{/color}{/url}{/font}{/size}
{size=2}{url=http://www.friendvista.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=6637&extra=page%3D1}{color=YellowGreen}How to become a {b}VIP Member{/b}{/color}{/url}{/size} {/align}

the highlighted part is the first row of the table - the actor and character names are outside of the brackets (curly braces here) and so will show up while the code is in brackets so that will generate the link/color/size, etc.
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +5 Thanks for helping! 9-24-2010 12:00
  • trulee Treasure +4 Good job 9-24-2010 11:27

Reply #1448 codebreaker's post

glad to be of help. i know what a lot of work they were but they look great!

Reply #1450 sanggye's post

yeah, some of the limitations of the program are frustrating. previewing only works so well then you really do need to post it to see it exactly but waterlilybarb's right - the mods clean up the [last edited] tags (you can get rid of all but the latest of those just by erasing since they show up as normal text at the end of the post) and all the extraneous popups so there's always a safety net.

Reply  #1452 waterlilybarb's post
bala does have strange pools of patience i'm always impressed at how quickly he can turn these things out!

About Star Trek: The Next Generation

the premise:
"Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before." The show follows the adventures of a space-faring crew on board the Starship USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-D), the fifth Federation vessel to bear the name. It takes place roughly 70 years after the “five-year mission” of the original Enterprise crew under the command of James T. Kirk.

the characters:

the cast:
Patrick StewartCaptain Jean-Luc Picard
Jonathan FrakesCommander William T. Riker
LeVar BurtonLt. Commander Geordi La Forge
Marina SirtisCounselor Deanna Troi
Brent SpinerLt. Commander Data
Michael DornLieutenant Worf
Gates McFaddenDoctor Beverly Crusher
Majel BarrettEnterprise Computer, Lwaxana Troi
Wil WheatonWesley Crusher
Colm MeaneyChief Miles O'Brien

info compiled from: www.startrek.com, memory-alpha.org, www.ussenterprise.co.uk, imdb.com, and wikipedia.

episode guides:
Seasons 1-7

start watching!
How to become a VIP Member

[ Last edited by sddvasquez at 9-25-2010 09:09 ]

[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 9-25-2010 17:10 ]
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +10 Thank you! I'll post it later today 9-25-2010 08:16
  • waterlilybarb Treasure +2 Thank you! I'll post it later today 9-25-2010 08:16

i didn't put the audio clip on auto play here but that setting would be ok for the actual posting

Reply #1472 Mnemosyne's post

the clips i use are hosted at http://www.televisiontunes.co.uk.

copy the link and paste it in using the "insert multi-media" button on the post editing page (looks like a movie clip, to the right of the insert picture button). choose what type it is but it's better to leave the "auto play" unchecked here (don't want a million clips playing at the same time - the mods can check it when they do the real post).

you cannot see how it will look in the editing page, it just shows the code. you have to post it to see the player appear.

78 1234
Thread