Thread
Printable Version

One Tree Hill Season 5-9 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 100#100 funny-girl101's post

i knew you would like it-you keep mentioning him so much in topic i thought you would love that video.

Reply 101#101 bala's post

Thanks, Bala.

Reply 99#99 xxjujuxx's post

OMG, I was so thinking the same thing. She has changed so much! I thought that a little bit of her old self was shown in the last episode: "We're hungry, Brooke." But I don't know what's her deal. I know that Nathan was in a slump for a while but its like she can't move on from how she was at that time. I'm not liking Lindsey either. I really liked her when she was first introduced...I loved how nice she was with giving the Good Luck tree to Peyton and all. I really liked her but I think that she has changed some. I don't really don't see where all of Lindsey's animosity towards Peyton came from. I know that she heard her say that she didn't like her, but it only went that far. I know that Peyton took her animosity about her situation out on Lindsey and that also wasn't fair. But I felt like a lot of things that she said was totally out of line like the whole "you'll be bleeding all over this library again" thing. I tried to go back and see who started the whole discrepancy between them and it was Lindsey who shouted at Peyton about ordering. I don't know...its like I really liked her when she said how Peyton intimidates her because I know that it takes a lot to tell someone that but...I guess she'll grow on me later.

I like this season.. It's very interesting.. I want to see Lucas and Peyton get back together.. also Brooke to have a great retionship with the bartender.. although they have been hitting off very well already.. also i hope that this show continues on to Nathan's son as a teen.. growing up with Lucas and Peyton's son.. Wouldn't that be great.. kinda cute.. playing off of Lucas and Nathtan's past with out the whole father thing..
I would love to see a reunion of all the past characters reunite not just the five...Like Jake and his daughter or Peyton's half brother or that chick that always got into touble(the one that got expelled for Brooke)or well i guess you get the point.. I really want to see Jake and his daughter and how he's doing... (that would be cool, exciting)

[ Last edited by onetolove at 3-3-2008 15:28 ]
Love is Patient.. Love is Kind

Reply 96#96 bala's post

I too would love to see Jake come back.  Peyton could use the love interest, but Bryan Greenberg now has October Road. I'm pretty sure his daughter would be older than 5 now, probably more like 6 or 7.

I like this episode.  I agree Tim's appearance was pretty Random.  I really liked how they brought in the memories of Keith and Jimmy.  It was a bit of a nostalgic episode.  I felt really bad for Lindsay after Peyton said all those things about her dad then found out he died of cancer.  I hope now they will be able to get along civilly.  You can't expect them to be best friends, but at least now they won't be at each other's throats all the time.

I wonder how Haley is going to take the news about Carrie kissing Nathan.  She has a history of overreacting when it comes to Nathan confessing, or finding out something he is hiding.  Hopefully she will realize it was not Nathan's doing and should not hold blame on him.  When he told Luke he was sincerely sorry it ever happen and really doesn't want to hurt her.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE JAMIE!!!!!!  I know I post that everytime, but I just can't help it.  he is the cutest little thing!  Watching him makes me miss my kids from the kindergarden class I volunteered at.

Next episode looks good.  I hope nothing happens to Jamie!  The clip made me worry.  it's like you see in all those movies where the kid disappears on his way to school.  Anyway we'll just have to wait and see.  I also read that Brooke and Owen take a trip to New York and she runs into someone from her past.  I wonder who that could be...okay so I couldn't wait to just be surprised when the show airs so I looked up the cast.  If you wanna know highlight to read Rachel.  Should be and interesting episode!

Episode 10

I'm warning you guys, this episode is going to make you mad , she finally did it she managed to break up Haley and Nathan for good . She made Jamie hate his mother-got to hand it to her she played it well but when Jamie was drowning i think Haley realise she had no choice but ask for a divorce but i just hope it was in moment of anger. That the thing with Haley she expect Nathan to be perfect and let face it at end of day what's done is done. can't really blame her from where she's standing. Should Nathan of lied just left it at No?.

Racheal a drug addict doesn't really surprise me but the bar tender really impressed me in this episode he handle a dangerous situation quite well and i got to admit i think he could be one for brooke but we will just have wait and see.   

Well i can't believe we didn't get to hear the decision about Dan parole we hope it was denied but we just don't know. I think it's easier for Lucas to hate Dan than it is for Nathan to hate dan and i think deep down he think he needs dan to help him. Now with divorce i think Nathan is going turn to Dan.

Peyton storyline *yawn*

I'm glad Jamie is OK

OMG! OMG! I still can't get over this episode. What is wrong with Haley??   I have no idea why Nathan even thought that he kissed Carrie because he didn't. I LOVE Owen, now. I think that he is the perfect guy for Brooke. I also love Brooke...she is the kindest friend and I'm glad that she decided to bring Rachel back to Tree Hill with her. So, I guess Rachel is going to join the cast now. I feel so bad for Nathan...whatever he does is never enough. Yes, Peyton's storyline today wasn't as exciting as everyone else's but I really love her and Mia together. It is sad to see her go. Can I just say that Lucas' speech about Keith had me totally tearing up. Its so sad.   I really enjoyed this episode, though. Carrie is crazy! I can't believe she did the things that she did in this episode...especially involving Jamie in it. The thought of Jamie being in danger was so sad.   Overall, Owen is like my favorite new Adult character (no one tops Jamie ).

Reply 107#107 nye87's post

Still saw the promo for next episode it doesn't look good.

Hailey: i shouldn't of tried to change you it was a mistake

Wow that one powerful line.

Is it just me or was this episode kind of...different? I don't know, the directing seemed kind of different and the whole setting seemed more like upscale and stuff. Anyways...OMG. Carrie. I. Hate. Her. So. Much. I. Can't. Even. Express. It. Gosh. Mess with Naley and you bring out the angry side of me.   While I think that Haley overreacted, I think that if I were in her situation, I would react probably in the same way. Carrie just doesn't know where to stop. First, skinny dipping. Then, kissing Nathan. And now, getting into the shower with him!? The girl needs to know her boundaries. Also, the going-to-see-Jamie-at-school thing and telling him that Haley threw her out because Haley hates her and that she'll always think that Jamie is her kid and thinking that Nathan is in love with her is just too over the top. She needs to go see a psychiatrist. SPOILER: More Carrie is on the way though. She's gonna do something to Jamie at Lucas and Lindsey's wedding. Dan stops it though, but everyone's going to blame him for what happened..

*sigh* Moving on. Brooke, Owen, NYC and Rachel. I loved this storyline. I like Owen more now too. The way he handled the drug dealer and protected Brooke and Rachel was all I needed to be convinced that he's really a great guy for Brooke.

Peyton's storyline was okay. Not that exciting, but I liked it. I love how Mia doesn't let the media or big record labels influence her. Her quote about being an artist, and not a business transaction is like my new favorite quote.

I really, really, really, really hope Nathan and Haley can work it out. I'm sure in the end they'll get back together...I mean, this is Naley after all. But from what it looks like now, Haley is set on a divorce and I hope it doesn't go that far. Nathan, in my opinion, didn't do anything wrong. He should've told Carrie off a long time ago, but with a person like Carrie, I don't think it's going to make a difference.

UGH!!! I am so angry with Haley right now and I can't even express my feeling about Carrie right now I am just too UGH!!  I knew haley was going to overact to the situation, it is in her personality, but a divorce?!?  If I had caught my husband in the shower with another woman, I probably would have done the same and kicked him out.  Nathan tried really hard to show Haley it wasn't his doing.  Yeah he could have done more to prevent it earlier on, but he sincerely loves her and would never do anything to hurt her.  Now I'm not saying the right move would have been for them to make up and get over it, building back trust after an incident like that takes time, but a divorce, just a bit too drastic.  I hope Haley will come to realize the entire thing was Carrie's doing, and although Nathan could have done more to prevent it, he is a guy.  I hope they are able to pull it together and save their marriage.  After all, we need one happy couple on the show!

Which leads me to Brooke and Owen.  This episode really made me fall in love with Owen as Brooke's love interest.  They are perfect for each other, and just the way he helped her out with Rachel shows he's not just any guy.  He's special.

It was nice to see Rachel again.  Not surprising she turned out the way she did.  It'll be interesting to see how she fits  into the story in Tree Hill now.

Promo for next week

One word: UGH!

I also tried to put myself in Haley's shoes and I would not have reacted like that. She KNOWS Nathan, all she has to do is think. Would he have really tried to cheat with Carrie knowing that she was coming home?? No, and how he told her her loved her on the phone right before was so genuine. I mean, if Nathan didn't show signs of infidelity for throughout the years they were married (and even dating); why would he start now? I think that she took out her frustration about what Jamie said and his almost dying on Nathan. Not just that, throughout the whole time Carrie was there, Nathan kept telling Haley how he wished that she were home more and that they spent more time together. Cheating guys would be like "Take all the time you need, honey". Not just that, if they actually had been showering together why would he have told her in advance and why wasn't Carrie's hair wet. Haley saw herself how Carrie just walks into her house when she pleases. Anyway besides that, I agree...I'm SO loving Owen right now. He's just what Brooke needs...someone whose not materialistic and new (not from Tree Hill or mixed in with all of its drama). I wonder if Dan got granted bail or not...something tells me that he did.

Reply 108#108 bala's post

I hope that they're tricking us again like how they made Hailey nightmare (of seeing Nathan and Carrie in bed) seem true. Nathan and Haley can't break up...I'll be destroyed.

Reply 113#113 nye87's post

Wait until next week to find out what happens i think main thing Jamie is ok.

Best lines
Haley:I know this is probably really hard for you to understand, cuz you're so little. Nanny Carrie wasn't a very nice lady, and she needed to go away.
Jamie:I wish nanny Carrie was my mama

Now that writer really using jamie cuteness a bit too far

ditto most everything on ep 5x10
here is our rant:
aarrgh! why can’t tv writers ever write a married woman who isn’t a cliché! what mother could hold her child who had nearly drowned and think that she would be able to raise that child on her own? and haley is smart enough to realize that carrie is a total psycho! she shows up at jamie’s school and haley wouldn’t be circling the wagons trying to protect her son and husband – we don’t think so! plus a kiss? haley is mad because nathan didn’t tell her “everything”, but he told her there was flirting and inappropriateness and we’re supposed to believe that haley would be furious enough to ask for a divorce because she believes psycho carrie saying that nathan initiated the kiss rather than her own husband and father of her child saying he was kissed? puh-lease! and this season started so well! double aarrgh!

and we totally agree with bala that they shouldn't be manipulating the jamie angle in such horrible ways!
...the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me

Reply 115#115 sddvasquez's post

That kids for you-you know what they are like but one thing was hailey to blame for this whole situation if she hired older women to look after Jamie they wouldn't be an issue?. mind you an older women making a move on Nathan is rather amusing.

Reply 115#115 sddvasquez's post

I totally agree. I mean, I'm not married yet but I would think that I would know the person I married better than someone I just met. And Haley saw her walk right into the house after she told her not to. I don't know why Hailey is being so mean to Nathan. Even when he told her that he loved her on the phone, it seemed like she lingered with the response. Its almost like she's hiding something and it would be more likely than Nathan because of her absence, etc. I have no idea why she allowed Carrie to start living in her house.

i really really want nathan and hayley to work things out! it will be so bad if they dont, they are meant to be!!!

Jamie is more adorable every ep, i loved it when he was in the basketball kit before the game! it made me laugh so much!

this series is so good, better than i could have imagined (i didnt think it could beat the last one) it has been great and i cant wait for the next ep to see what happens,

fingers crossed for nathan and hayley!

5x11

Haley. Haley. Haley. You know, Haley used to be my favorite character, but for some reason, I've been disliking her more and more this season. Nathan obviously wants to work things out, but Haley just keep on backing away. I'm glad Skillz gave her his speech about never losing sight of how little Jamie is and how Jamie has a big heart and that all he wanted was to bring his family back together. Haley seems so oblivious to Jamie's actions, like, he asked her so many times to play Rockband and she just kept on saying no and even got kind of annoyed. I'm glad she overheard Nathan and Jamie's conversation. She might not believe what Nathan says to her, but she sure wouldn't think that Nathan would lie to Jamie. I was so disappointed to find out that she called Lucas at the end, I was so convinced she was calling Nathan!

The Brooke/Jamie/Owen scene was adorable! The expression Jamie had on his face, when he asked Brooke if Owen was her boyfriend, was the cutest. And then the whole "So, did you find out?" line was kind of, umm, disturbing considering he's only 4 and 1/2, but it was cute nonetheless. Seriously, Jamie and Brooke have the best chemistry.

Peyton's blind date. I love how long it took Owen to figure out that Brooke was once with his friend. Hmm, I can imagine a love triangle coming up for Brooke.

Victoria. Fired. Awesome. That took Brooke long enough. I know how she feels to have her mother back in her life, but she can't let Victoria treat her and her friends like that anymore. She made the right decision by firing Victoria.

Can't wait for next week's episode. It's the 100th episode!!

Promo for next week

Oh yeah, here's the promo for next week's episode:

Thread