Thread
Printable Version

One Tree Hill Season 5-9 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The way I see it is that Mouth wants to end it but now Alice has something to hold over him. I think that she could tell that their little fling was coming to an end so she tried to act like she was actually considering him for an anchor job since she knows how much he wants it. I don't think that it would really matter if their relationship was outed unless it violated some code of conduct for the job. I felt like if she really liked Mouth and wasn't using him, she would stop being so mean to everyone and she never would have told him that "her private life is her business". I don't think that Peyton was overreacting because she obviously has feelings for Lucas and she is trying to get over them because of the whole "Lindsey" thing. And here he is playing with her emotions. I mean he really needs to make up his mind. When he first saw her in Tree Hill. the first thing he said was that he was with someone and he was like really standoff-ish and kindda mean. Now , all of a sudden, he wants things to go back to how they were and Peyton looks "beautiful". I don't know why but I get the feeling that Lucas is not going to stay with Lindsey and if he does its because he doesn't want to handle the drama of it all. Just my opinion.

I liked this episode. It didn't have that many "OMG" moments like the previous episodes had, but it was an okay episode.

Lucas and Peyton. Obviously, they still have feelings for each other. No matter how much Peyton wants to deny it, everybody knows that she wasn't  "just a girlfriend" to Lucas. I initially found the whole "That's not fair speech" kind of over acted too, but thinking about it now, it makes sense for Peyton to freak out like that. She made a promise to Lindsey about her and Lucas, and she's trying to move on by flirting with the bartender, but then Lucas keeps on pulling her in by complimenting her wth "You look beautiful", "You deserve better than him", etc. I can totally see something happening between Peyton and Lucas that will hurt Lindsey and Lucas' relationship in the future episodes.

Brooke's store looked amazing. Victoria is like the new Dan. Just when you think she's actually supporting her daughter, you find out that she was rooting for the store to fail. I loved Millicent for "buying" the dress. She's such an awesome assistant.

I think that Millicent and Mouth would make a better couple than Alice and Mouth. Both are nice, sweet people and they've both got the mean boss thing going on.

I'm so glad Nathan cut his hair! The long hair looked good with the beard, but I thought it looked kind of awkward once the beard was gone. Anyway, I can't wait until, like, Nathan recovers and shows Quentin what he can actually do. I'm sick of Quentin's remarks about Nathan being a "has been". He's so arrogant. I don't even think that season 1 Nathan was that bad. Hopefully, Lucas, Skills and Nathan can do something about him.

I liked that Haley got back into her music. She's really talented and I think that doing something in music (producing Mia's record) will make her really happy. As long as she doesn't abandon Nathan and Jamie in the process. Speaking of Jamie, the drawing he made about Carrie and him will definitely play a big part in the upcoming episodes. He'll probably get more attached to Carrie than Haley and I can see that causing trouble.

Next episode will be filled with flashbacks to the college years and we'll find out about what exactly caused Peyton and Lucas' break up (more in depth than the 10 second explanation we got in the previous episode). Can't wait!

Reply #22 funny-girl101's post

I totally agree with you, I'm rooting for Millicent and Mouth to be a couple. And Victoria is like the new Dan - GREAT ANALOGY!!! I pray that Nathan teaches that Quentin dude a lesson! OMG, I'm so psyched! I can't wait!

I stoped watching one tree hill acouple of seasons ago and am just getting back into watching with the new season.  I'm enjoying the operaness of the show again.  One thing that it could lose though is the Quentin guy.  I know they need him to keep the basketball team story line with the guys jobs attached to it going and to give Nathan something to do but i don't like him!!  He rude, selfish and sexually harrasing hailey and the way he speaks to lucas, it's just to fake.  I'm sorry but realisticaly why would anyone go out of their way to help the little s**t.  Yes i believe people should help others but this guy doesn't deserve it!

two thumbs up for Millicent and Mouth hooking up in the future.  He needs a girlfriend who actually cares about him, it's about time he gets some good in his life. They'd make a cute cuple

[ Last edited by kwargalla at 1-24-2008 01:38 ]

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Episode 1-4

Well Nathan is in a wheelchair ,Nathan also had an anger problem it look like he paid the price, I'm glad Peyton quit her job,  i thought it was cute when Jamie said 'i think you drink too much'.

The second episode was a little bit more interesting Hailey first day as teacher got a little too much but she needs to handle it and she did now it seem like she's going back to music but she finds out her son loves his nanny more than her and that must of hurt a lot.

Brooke-well i never thought she would work with her mother and i can't believe i didn't see that it sooner, in the end i'm glad she's decided to open a store in one tree hill. i hope she will become successful but i have to wonder something,  was her mother right about peyton she didn't need to drag Brooke back to one tree hill but you could see that brooke wasn't happy.

Mouth getting involved with work mate who's a right cow doesn't seem she is right for him.i honestly don't see what either of them see in each other i mean they don't exactly look good together.

Quinton i don't like him.

Reply 25#25 bala's post

Peyton's not my favorite character at all, but I don't agree with what Victoria said about her.     
Brooke was obviously unhappy in New York. She needed an escape from that life sooner or later. So, I don't think Peyton's to blame for getting Brooke back to Tree Hill. Plus, they all promised at the end of season 4 that they would all meet again in Tree Hill after the college years. So, it was bound to happen sooner or later.

I like Peyton. I think that she's misunderstood. I also think that I really connected with her during the part of her life when Ellie died because I've had multiple scares about my mom's life recently and I know how she felt. I also completely understood her yelling at Lucas at the C/B store opening because I have also been there (in that position before).

Reply 26#26 funny-girl101's post

next week episode-i saw the promo i can't believe it

Reply 27#27 nye87's post

I sympathize with Peyton with all the drama she's gone through. I mean, nobody deserves to lose their mother twice. However, I dislike her because of what she did to Brooke with Lucas. I would gladly give the "Worst Best Friend Of The Year" award to season 1 Peyton.

Bala, in the promo for next week, did you figure who the girl in the flashback was? I'm unsure about who it is. I'm skeptical about the Peyton and Lucas part of the promo. One Tree Hill promos can be very misleading. I remember this promo from season 3 where they made it seem that Brooke was talking to Nathan, but in the actual episode, they were two totally different scenes. Brooke and Nathan didn't even share the screen during that episode. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

EDIT: Scratch that. The Peyton and Lucas part is definitely one scene.

Episode 5

I really enjoyed the flash back to three years ago.  It was nice to see a bit of the history we missed.  From the first time we saw the ring, I knew he had bought it for Peyton, I just never actually thought he gave it to her and got turned down.

A bit ironic the lucky bamboo tradition was started by Lucas.

Brooke's right about Lucas being in love with Peyton still.  And she's also right about this getting interesting!  Looking forward to next week's episode!

Reply 30#30 imarielle626's post

i'm waiting for funnygirl OTH quiz than i'm going watch this.

Reply 30#30 imarielle626's post

Best episode of the season so far! For the past few episodes, I was thinking that the Peyton/Lucas storyline is being dragged out way too long, and that they should get over it, 'coz it's just high school love. After watching the flashback episode and seeing the two of them together and in love, now I'm really rooting for them...
The Naley scenes in this episode are too cute, especially when the 3 of them were playing together..
The parts I love about this episode are the Brooke and Lucas parts.. I was just thinking how awkward it was for them when they were shooting the scene on the horse drawn carriage and they were talking about marriage and how they want to spend their life together.. Or maybe it's not awkward anymore.. I mean they've both moved on, but still, it's just something to wonder about, given their history..

I can't wait for next week's episode.. The promo was unreal.. I think the last scene is just a bad dream.. Plus, we get to see 4-year-old Jamie again!!

It was so nice to see some of the stuff that we had missed...I really enjoyed the insight to the pass. I loved seeing Whitey in an episode again! It was so cute seeing Nathan and Haley with One year old Jamie and his first word being "ball".   I could tell that Lucas still loved Peyton from when he first saw her back in Tree Hill. If he were over her, he would not have been so mean. Besides that, look at how he acted with her the night of the C/B Store opening. I hope everything works out. Lindsey is okay but Peyton and Lucas belong together. I can't believe Peyton turned him down. I guess it was a bit much with them being 19 and all but it came as a shocker because before (when she was younger) she wanted to marry Jake.

OMG, I just saw the promo for next week's episode, thats so freaky! I guess she was too good to be true...I can't wait!

Quote:
OMG, I just saw the promo for next week's episode, thats so freaky! I guess she was too good to be true...I can't wait!
Yes i knew it

I just watch the promo for the next episode.  I have to agree I also think it must just be a bad dream.  Nathan is coming around now.  He just wouldn't do that to Haley!  Just look at the way the two of them were at the end of this past episode when she was putting the trophies back into the display case.  They are so in love he wouldn't cheat on her with the nanny!

I liked this episode. It was nice to see Whitey again. And 1-year-old Jamie was just too cute! And...we found out what actually went down between Peyton and Lucas. Plus, they played Missy Higgins' "Where I Stood" during the scene where Peyton turns down Lucas' proposal. Seriously, you should've seen how excited I was when that song started playing.

Anyways, I don't blame Peyton for turning down Lucas' proposal, I mean they were only 19 and they weren't exactly who they were in high school anymore. I loved the Brooke and Lucas parts of the episode, even though I couldn't stop thinking how ironic it must've been for Chad and Sophia to film those scenes. Victoria's reaction to Lucas' "proposal" to Brooke was hilarious! She's so superficial and concerned about stuff that, in the end, don't really matter. I hated her during the whole  "Call me Victoria. Mom makes me feel so old," line. Seriously, could she get any worse? I loved Brooke's line "You stormed up L.A. and went all Naley on her?"   I think it was actually Brooke who started the whole Naley nickname. The Nathan, Haley and Jamie scenes were really cute, just like all the Nathan, Haley and Jamie scenes are. That is one good-looking family.

Next week's episode...OMG doesn't even come close to describing it for me. I was just talking the other day about how I hope the writers won't pull a Nathan and Carrie storyline and what do we have in the preview!? Nathan and Carrie. Ugh. I'm thinking (and hoping!) it's a dream too as next week's episode is titled "Don't Dream It's Over".

Reply 36#36 funny-girl101's post

i also loved this episode because it showed us what happened and we saw Whitney giving Nathan some good advice but it seems he didn't take it which lead situation of him in a wheelchair. i think peyton was right if they couldn't last 1 year how were they suppose to make marriage work and that Lindsey comes in with the book deal and new love interest and at the end brooke said to Lucas your still in love with peyton.
Quote:
how ironic it must've been for Chad and Sophia to film those scenes
Yeah that must been difficult since they were married i can't believe Chad cheated on her with paris according stories, why would you cheat on Sophia she's beautiful and sexy, they managed to be very profession about it on screen-we don't know what happening off-screen so far no stories have leaked.

Reply #37 bala's post

Lindsey wasn't a new love interest yet. She may have liked him but his mind was somewhere else. I even think that the only reason that he got flirt with Brooke was because of what she was saying about them when they pretended to be engaged.

And yes, that was really dumb of CMM to cheat on SB with Paris Hilton of all people.

Reply 38#38 nye87's post

some men just don't know what they have until it's gone

Reply 37#37 bala's post

As far as I've heard, they're friends. Nothing more. Sophia hangs out a lot with James Lafferty and Hilarie Burton. Bethany is more reserved and she spends her time with her husband. Sophia was asked about working with Chad during recent interviews (when she was promoting season 5) and this is what she said:
Quote:
"He and I get along just as well as the other cast now. We all have a lot of fun together. We're all a family after five years. There are days when you all wanna kill each other and days when you all love each other. People like to make such a big deal out of my love life!"
What's really messed up is that, like 3 months after their separation, Chad got together with Kenzie Dalton (who is like 19) and they're now engaged. Kenzie was an extra on season 3 of the show. She was one of the cheerleaders. (If any of you still have a good memory about season 3, she was one of the girls who helped model Brooke's clothes, she also told Mouth to move out of the way when the cheerleaders were taking pictures of guys for the fantasy date draft. She's also in a lot of the background scenes).

Thread