Thread
Printable Version

One Tree Hill Season 5-9 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

One Tree Hill Season 5-9 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About Seasons 5-8 Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-11-2015 20:05 ]
Recent Ratings
  • funny-girl101 Points +2 Thanks for starting this up. :) 1-15-2008 13:22
prepare for the worse hope for the best

I just watched the episodes.  They were great!  I really like what they've done with the show.  I am in love with little Jamie!  He is the cutest little thing and a hilarious addition to the cast!

I know we saw Lucas bought a ring for Lindsey, but now with Peyton back in town and him finding out that his first date with Lindsey only happened because he thought Peyton didn't show up to his book signing, I can see him starting to doubt his relationship with her.  Maybe he and Peyton will eventually get back together, but for now I just think he will have some personal conflict about his relationship with Lindsey.

The basketball player who disrupted Haley's class (I forgot his name), I can see him coming around in the next few episodes to accept playing as a team player and either end up on the team, or just end up being taken under Lucas and Skills wing, since he is  a lot like Nathan was in early season 1.

I can't wait for next week's episode!

Reply 2#2 imarielle626's post

Yeah, the disruptive guy in Haley's class (his name's Quintin) totally made me think of season 1 Nathan. I hated his attitude towards Haley. But I agree that Skillz and Lucas will make him into a team player.

Jamie is the best! I loved all the nicknames they had for him (Lucas: J-Luke. Nathan: Jim Jam. Skillz: Big Game James). "It's my life. I'm taking a stand. Is that okay?"   SO cute!

POSSIBLE SPOILERS..

I love episode 5x02. Lots of little Jamie scenes!! Every single scene I can't help but say "aawww"... I love Brooke and Peyton's reaction when Jamie decided he didn't want to race. And the way he laughed when Mouth said bye to him while he was eating his cereal!! Sooo cute!!! Right now I hate Quentin with a passion. He was so rude to Haley and he thinks he's better than everyone else, although it may seem like he is, but still. I can't wait for next week's episode.. I'd love to see more scenes between Jamie and Nathan..

These episodes have me addicted to this show and I can't wait for the next episode. I hope Nathan has more scenes with Jamie as they are lacking father-son bonding. Haley will be trying to get Quentin back to school in the next episode... He's just a rotten troublemaker. I also hope that Jamie doesn't think about that dummy's head falling off every time he thinks about "soap opera racing." Lindsey's also going to get a little jealous in the next episode... I hope I'm not giving much away for the next episode... I just read this on www.tv.com. Anyways, excellent start to a new season and for anyone who's never seen this before! I think I know everybody's name now.
Recent Ratings
  • funny-girl101 Points +2 Welcome to the show! :) 1-12-2008 08:51

having the actors play closer to their age is an incredible improvement. the first two episodes were great. we can see how we missed the nathan "situation" in the fast forward mini-episodes because he moves on the couch, but it was obvious from the first second in 5x01 with the camera angle and him not moving. besides the haley-nathan bit, which we can't stand (and yes, that kid is too cute!) all the other story lines are very engaging.

we love tvland. in real life people never have "reawakenings" at the same time but all the characters moving toward redemption together here sounds like it's going to be fun.
...the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me

I can't wait for Ssn 5 to come on dvd here
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a311/maddismum/Animations/OTH.gif

Reply 7#7 Sazza81's post

Sazza, you can watch the show on the VIP Channel. All the episodes are on there, including the season 5 episodes.

You do need points to watch One Tree Hill on the VIP channel though. You can earn your first 2 points by introducing yourself in the Welcome and Introduction Thread. After that, you can earn points by participating in games and quizzes. Once you have 10 points, you can convert those points into VIP points which you can use to watch One Tree Hill. Here's more information about VIP points: VIP Membership {Donations, Points & More)

Check out the Newcomer Guidance Board. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Episode 3

I'm glad Nathan finally shaved!  That scene in the jail, he was looking way too much like Dan!  I loved Jamie's little Daddy shrine.  It was so cute.  It's nice to see Nathan bonding with his son over basketball.

Mouth and whats-her-face (his boss-well ex-boss) I definitely did not see that one coming!

I wonder what will happen to Brooke now.  I can't believe she hired her mother to work for her.  You would almost forget Brooke actually has parents considering she was practically on her own. But she is the owner of her own fashion line/company, you would think she has a say in where she can open a boutique and where she can live.  But then again mom overrules all.

Yay I agree Nathan's shave was overdue and much needed
I did not like Brooke's mother at all.

I'm weary of her relationship with Nathan. I hope nothing happens (even though it probably will).

I'm not sure how I feel about Lindsey yet there's something about her I just don't like maybe she'll grow on me.

I'm so glad Nathan shaved his beard off. I was really hoping to see Nathan with a short haircut though. I mean, I like the long hair, but it just doesn't look right anymore.

I'm glad we got to see Dan. I actually felt kind of bad for him. He's the bad guy on the show and all, but I couldn't help but feel bad for him when Nathan told him that little Jamie thinks that his grandpa's dead. I wonder where Deb is, they haven't mentioned her at all.

Kevin Federline. Um. I don't what to say. Let's just say that I didn't like his acting. But it looks like he's gonna be on the show for a while.

I just love Season 5.  I am wondering how Brooke is going to  handle her mother in the next episode.  Brooke has her heart in staying in One Tree.  I hope that the future episodes have a lot of Jamie in them.  He is one cute kid.  I am not sure about Carrie yet.
Love starts with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear.

Reply 1#1 booley's post

Omgoodness I kept thinking to myself ever since the fast forwards that brooke assistant looks like she could play her mom. But when it started i was like guess not. then BAM! she is. how crazy is that. After all this time meeting Brooke's parents. I hope they continue to fill in the pieces. (I also thought that the ring that lucas was looking at might have been one he had tried to give peyton in those 4 years.) Even though I will forever be a Brukus fan I love brook being there for Peyton . I do like him with Lindsey though. And the Federline made his first appearance lets see how he does with more speaking lines. Well I hope the season continues to be as great as it has started.
prepare for the worse hope for the best

OMG, I just got finished watching the most recent episode. I knew that she was her mom! I kept asking myself why Brooke would take that crap off someone and then I was like "She wouldn't unless it was like her mom or something". Thats terrible. She wasn't around when she was a kid but now that she's rich and famous, mom's by her side. I LOVE what Nathan did for Haley. He never ceases to awe me. And Jamie's shrine was the cutest thing ever! I like Lindsey. At first I didn't because I that that Lucas and Peyton should be together. But she really seems nice. I really like Carrie, too...as long as her intentions stay pure. I love how Brooke had a room for Peyton in her house. Overall, this was a wonderful episode; I can't wait until next week.

Wow... didn't see that one coming!! I'm talking about Victoria being Brooke's mom!! Towards the end I was thinking, what the heck is Brooke doing letting Victoria tell her what to do when Brooke is the boss, and that she should fire her ASAP. But now that I know that she's her mom, I understood why. I loved that episode. I'm just not too fond of the Peyton storyline with the record label and everything. I'm very happy with the Scott family spending time together, that was really sweet. I hope to see more if that..

Oh yeah, I also don't really like their choice of picking Kevin Federline. But I'll try to give him a chance and see if his character/acting improves. And yes, thank God Nathan made good use of his razor.

This one was loaded with information. One part I love on these shows is the storyline jumps around five different times so you have a bajillion questions in your head. A favorite scene of mine in this episode was when Brooke was buying the house for Peyton. Also, I loved these quotes.
WOMAN: Oh, there's a roast in the oven.
BROOKE: I love roast.
Peyton and the lucky bamboo thing was funny. Especially when Brooke showed Peyton hers. She also got the reminder that in order to work at Brooke's place, you need to be a b----. (I've given up swearing. Yes, even here. Not that I did before...) Unfortunately, Peyton was a huge one to Lindsey. I'm not sure if I like Lindsey or not. She seems... I don't know. She just doesn't fit. Mouth and his boss in the middle was another funny scene. Our predictions about her becoming his girlfriend were right on! I think the last thing I have to say is...K-Fed. When I was watching the episode at the beginning and his name appeared on the screen, I'm like, "Whoa!" He was okay, but I'm just happy Peyton got somebody for her first band. That's a lot of thoughts right there. These quizzes pull you into great shows!

So, what did you guys think of last night's episode. I think it was a good episode. I like the message it gave about how if you allow someone else to take your job of raising your child, then the child will let that person take your place. Brooke's mom is absolutely terrible and conniving. I don't really get whats going on with Lucas, like does he still have feelings for Peyton or what. It was great to see Nathan back to being his self.  I don't know who I dislike more, Victoria or Quincy. I was glad to see K-Fed leave, he's so annoying. I hope thats the last of him. I don't know, I'm starting to have mixed feelings about Lindsey now. Like there's something just don't like about her. Anyway, its nice to see the Scott Family happy but I'm missing other characters like Whitey, Karen, Deb, and yes, even Dan (not the criminal Dan but the annoying, controlling one). Its not the same without them.

Episode 5x04

I think this episode was OK, but it is the worst episode of the season so far. Hilarie Burton's acting was so bad in this episode, especially in that scene where she was talking to Lucas outside the store. I'm sorry but talk about over-acting.. Mia's song was really good but her voice was just alright, not that exceptional.. I really love how we're starting to see the Scott family be happy. I think Carrie is going to cause a lot of trouble for the Scott's through Jamie.. I hate Brooke's mom, and I love Millicent.. What's up with Mouth and Alice? It's all very weird to me..

Reply 19#19 angel17halo's post

I liked this episode.  I am so glad Nathan finally cut his hair!  When Peyton first asked Haley for her help with the band, I wasn't thinking about her singing career.  I was a bit confused.  But I'm glad Haley is getting back into music.  She was really good!  I have some songs on my iPod from when she toured with Chris Keller and I love them.  Joy has such a great voice!  I can see Carrie causing some problems with the Scotts too.  Jamie is young enough that he is influenced by the people around him most so since Haley is a working mom he spends most of his time with Carrie.  I hope it doesn't cause too many problems though because Haley is a great mother and Carrie is a good nanny.

I too hate Brooke's mom.  But I hope she gets to keep the store.  After all it is her dream and Peyton's little pep talk speech was right.  She's done so much already, she can pull this off if she really wants to and puts in the effort.

It looks like Mouth may be getting his dream job after all.  I guess sleeping with the boss has its perks.  I wonder what will happen when this little affair is outed to the rest of the people working at the station.

Nathan has a lot of work to do on Quinten, but knowing the show, it will all work out.  I am interested in seeing the interaction between the two of them though.

[ Last edited by imarielle626 at 1-23-2008 20:11 ]

Thread