Thread
Printable Version

How I Met Your Mother Season 3-9 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Did anyone catch the countdown in Bad News? (The one where, at the end, Lily tells Marshall that his dad died.) That was pretty cool.

I'm not sure how I feel about Ted and Zoey. Maybe that's because Jennifer Morrison will always remind me of House -- Cameron and Chase.

Since the show is so far along, does anyone think Zoey could be the mom?

Reply 43#43 funny-girl101's post

Bala, like the drinking game...  Yes it is predictable, but it is one step closer to the mother.

funny-girl101 - No she is not the mother, unless the writers retract many things, the yellow umbrella, the roommate of Cindy, they were at the same party, and when Ted taught his first class in the wrong classroom the mother was there,  It is a possibility that the mother's name is Tracy, the writer and coproudcer said a few things (but they have teased, and lied before about it, even once saying it was Britney Spears(who was in an episode)) They said it is the roommate (who was in the 100th episode, where we were told we would see her(we saw her ankle) and we will get to see who the Mother is at the wedding (last episode)
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

6x16 Desperation Day

One freak-out from Ted already, this is not going to be good.  Barney and his desperation day...haha
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 45#45 sanggye's post

Yeah the overnight bad was bad first move

6x17 Garbage Island

Well, the baby is on hold, Ted steps up with The Captain, Barney caves in and admits he likes someone and there it is, Zoey is not the mother and it ends badly and the mention of the wedding where they(the mother and Ted) meet, so who gets married?  Seems like we are getting close to the end

Reply 47#47 sanggye's post

I thought that was Marshall & Lily's wedding...before Marshall shaved his head.  
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 48#48 waterlilybarb's post

Don't think so, if I can remember The wore suits (with Marshall having a solid tie and Ted's being striped) and ties at Marshal & Lily, and it seemed like both Ted and Marshal had the same Tuxes on at the brief glimpse, If I can catch it again, will let you know

Yep, both Ted and Marshall had on Black Tuxes with bow ties and flowers in their lapels at the end of this episode.  So different wedding... Either Barney's or his from Punchy.

[ Last edited by sanggye at 2-22-2011 19:45 ]

6x18 A Change of Heart

Scooby and his sandwiches was great.  And I am really thinking that the wedding is Barney's.  He walked away from, but I don't think he is giving up

Quote:
Originally posted by sanggye at 2-22-2011 01:34  
Well, the baby is on hold, Ted steps up with The Captain, Barney caves in and admits he likes someone and there it is, Zoey is not the mother and it ends badly and the mention of the wedding where the ...
Well it did look like Marshall was going through tough time and lilly seduce him was amusing

Reply 50#50 sanggye's post

That was amusing with Scooby the human dog

Legendaddy

Barney meeting his dad finally but it ended up normal guy which is a shame

Reply 53#53 bala's post

I thought it was perfect his day was a normal guy.  though according to the picture, Barney knew his father, he remembered meeting ZZTop with Dad

Reply 54#54 sanggye's post

Yeah i agree but Barney was disappointed

6x20 The Exploding Meatball Sub

A serious filler episode, other than Marshal quitting his job, nothing.. So Ted realizes Zoe isn't for him, but he doesn't do anything about it.  Hope it gets better, 2 more years to go

6x21 Hopeless

Good episode, it was nice to see Barney get some Bonding time with his dad.  I also liked how they showed why Barney didn't know he was his dad, just "Uncle Jerry"

The Perfect Cocktail

Well things coming to a head, friends fighting, the drinking was funny, but I know from experience to mix that many different drinks sure doesn't end well

Landmarks

It seems Zoey is gone, Ted and Barney keep their jobs and everyone else is happy

Challenge Accepted

Well did I call it or what?  The wedding that was shown a few months back is Barney's, which isn't happening yet.

Quote:
Originally posted by sanggye at 4-16-2011 02:21  
A serious filler episode, other than Marshal quitting his job, nothing.. So Ted realizes Zoe isn't for him, but he doesn't do anything about it.  Hope it gets better, 2 more years to go
What do you mean 2 more years to go? Do we know know that for a fact? does that mean 2 more season?

Barney getting exploding sub was amusing.

Quote:
Originally posted by sanggye at 4-20-2011 00:20  
Good episode, it was nice to see Barney get some Bonding time with his dad.  I also liked how they showed why Barney didn't know he was his dad, just "Uncle Jerry"
Yes but i loved how he pretend to be drunk but getting him to the fish trip was good

Thread