Thread
Printable Version

Stargate Atlantis Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Episode 2

Episode starts with Sheppard and Teyla looking at some cave paintings, then the planet starts getting attacked by the wraith, kidnapping countless people including Colonel Summers, Weir is about to evacuate Atlantis when Sheppard returns with survives from the planet, Weir tells Sheppard they have to evacuate when all of a sudden the shields fail and Atlantis raises to the surface, Weir and Sheppard argue about trying to rescue the members of the team that are missing, Colonel Summers is locked up with Teyla and the other kidnapped people, Rodney goes and Shows Sheppard the Puddle Jumpers which Sheppard learn can turn invisible, Sheppard and Ford take a team to go and rescue the missing members and save the planets missing people, Colonel Summers comes face 2 face with the Wraith Queen, Sheppard and Ford finds the hostages, Ford stays behind and Sheppard goes looking for Colonel Summers who is with the Wraith Queen, The Wraith Queen starts to feed on Colonel Summers and he tells Sheppard to shoot him, Sheppard shoots and kills Colonel Summer and then goes and kills the Wraith Queen, Sheppard gets all the hostages and team members back on the puddle jumper and back to Atlantis safely. Great episode, (My Score 9/10)

Episode 3

This episode demonstrates the humour in Stargate Atlantis as well as the danger often faced by the crew. It was really funny when Sheppard pushed McKay of the second level railing and even funnier was the discussions that McKay began about how he would starve to death. As well as testing the strength of the Atlantis crew in finding a way to contain or destroy the dark energy

Episode 4

I really liked this episode and it is one of my favorites in the first season. It was nerve-wracking when Shepard's heart had to be stopped in order to save him. I also liked McKay's part when he was telling them how he reacts to a certian death. That was funny. I think this episode might have been better though, if it was told in order without the flashbacks. Then it might have seemed like it had more action in it. I enjoyed Zelenka's performance in the episode as well as Carson's. Overall it was a great episode to watch.

Episode 5

This was a great episode one of the better ones of the season. The thing that i liked most about this episode was the fact that they were assuming that somebody was giving away their position on purpose but then it turned out to be a very simple and silly mistake that was giving it away. I also liked the fact they some scientific teams went off world in this episode and did work rather than just the military teams and the fact that they got there hands on a live Wraith and were able to catch it was great

Episode 6

This episode was awesome. A planet of young people who sacrifice themselves on the eve of their 25th birthday, only to discover that their sacrifices isn't what's been keeping the Wraith from attacking. The way they were about to fight and Rodney got the device up and running in time was pretty cool.

Reply 25#25 spratt89's post

yeah that episode almost had me crying. To think they did this for population control because the shield couldn't protect a growing community. Why not just teach birth control and be honest instead of having people end their short lives.

Episode 7

This is another classic episode of Atlantis. It really does make you think what would you do in that situation. At the cost of losing half of the population, would I make the decision to distribute the drug just so half can live? The story is great and very touching as Beckett finds love and it doesn't end too well. What price do people pay for the hope of freeedom is really interesting. I highly recommend this episode, it is definitely a good one. The end is very interesting and does a good job at making this story great, a classic.

Episode 8

This was a great episode the fact that they find a civilisation that has the same goals as them in one day defeating the Wraith. I also liked the fact that they ended up becoming enemies instead of allies like they have first hoped having seen the other episodes of the series and knowing that the Genei pop up in other episodes and pose a threat to the people of Atlantis is a quite interesting storyline

Episode 9

Even though this episode reminded of the SG-1 episode "The Gamekeeper" a little bit, it is still a fun episode. We really do learn about some of the character's personal lives and where they live or want to live. The two episodes aren't exactly the same, but there is a similarity. Don S. Davis returns in this episode as "General Hammond", so it is good to see another SG-1 cast member make a guest appearance on Atlantis. There are funny moments that involve McKay when he goes home and when a party is thrown at Sheppard's house. Overall a good episode, but feels a little like it has been done before on the other Stargate series

Episode 10

After the somewhat borrowed episode "Home", Atlanis returns to its glory with this edge of your seat episode that is in one word awesome! What makes this episode work so well is Kolya, the Genii leader who is such a nasty villain that it makes him fun to watch and hate. The acting is so good in this episode, the Genii become more of an annoyance than a threat. As I'm sure the crew in the story feel. After watching this episode, you will want to know how it ends. This is definitely one of the best episodes of the first season.

Episode 11

What a great conclusion to an exciting two part story in this series. Once again, I have to hand it to Robert Davi, he really adds so much to this story as Commander Kolya. Not only was the acting great in this episode, the special effects that they use looked great. The coolest special effect used in this episode is when the shield protects Atlantis from the gigantic wave that passes by. Overall, this and the episode proceeding it are HIGHLY recommended episodes to watch for those who want to know what Atlantis is

Episode 12

With not many characters in the episode, the story holds its own as Sheppard and McKay battle a Wraith that has been stranded on a planet by itself for many years. This is not typical Wraith and it is definitely the strongest that has ever been on this series so far. Not even a nearby grenade could kill it, giving hints on how strong the Wraith really are. There some great scenes such as Sheppards hand to hand fight with the Wraith, which is desperate to get off of the planet

Episode 13

This was a awesome episode! Very good! It had the perfect amount of funny parts but yet there was sadness in it too! It was the perfect combination so congrats to the writers cause they did a awesome job! The whole episode was good! I never got bored! I enjoyed it the whole way through! I would defenintly recomend this episode to anyone! I loved the beginning parts with the prime or not prime numbers! Very funny so overall a very good episode that I for one will watch again in the near future.

Episode 14

This is a fairly interesting episode. Sheppard falls in love with a woman who isn't what she appears to be. It's mainly a lot of talk and little action, but sometimes things are worth watching. Sometimes nothing really happens, there isn't really much to talk about. It's just a pretty standard sci-fi episode. The most interesting parts of this are the scenes when Sheppard makes a friend and starts to fall in love with her. Not the greatest of episodes and nothing that is crucial to the story line. "Sanctuary" is definitely an episode that can be skipped and doesn't have to be seen.

Episode 15

This really is "Atlantis" at its best. I love the whole time travel genre and this episode deals with it brilliantly. Torri Higginson is even better than usual as Old Weir and her make-up was even better than RDA's in "Brief Candle". It must have been really challenging for her to play "both" characters in this episode but she pulled it off very well. This episode is also hilarious. I really liked the "Back to the Future" jokes particularly the flux capacitor one. I laughed out loud at that. (How can McKay not like that movie?!) I loved the whole alternate timeline where everyone except for Weir and Teyla (because they never met herIt was also really interesting seeing how the Ancients lived and what their leadership was like.

Episode 16

This was a fun adventure indeed as they go to a planet only to be confronted once again by Kolya and the Genii. It is true, it does have a feel of Indiana Jones since it deals with archeology and ancient artifacts. Rodney also falls in love with one of the women on the planet. Sadly, this episode isn't as good as the previous two episode that introduced Kolya, but it is still very exciting. There is a puzzle that they have to solve and if they get it wrong, they die. That is definitely the Indiana Jones feel of the episode.

Episode 17

This is a personal favorite episode. It is mainly comedy related since what the crew members have to say is usually really funny. Becket can't decide what he wants to say to his mother and McKay can't stop saying enough about himself like always. Of course, not everyone has things positive to say about Atlantis and someone even recommends that O'Neill replace Dr. Weir. Overall, this is a very enjoyable episode that has always been one of my personal favorites. It doesn't have anything imporant in the episode that deals really with the story, but it is still a really fun one to watch.

Episode 18

This episode was really - different. The scary and horrifying start by Teyla's dreams and then the psychologist and all the thing trying to make Teyla understand what is going around and I think she was quite close to understanding itself but going that planet and getting those logs - there was so much new information for us. There was some little information that really gave some advantages, all other was just great to hear and learn. Wraiths as a thing Ancients created by accidentally and later became their doom

Episode 19

It was really impressive to the see power of the ancients when the satelite shot the Wraith ship and when you know how complex are their scietic developments [ 7%,8% or 9% of all the acents knowlenge can be saved using all the hard discs.And see how powerful are the Wraith minds, and how fast they can do things [just at that little time that a Wraith ship scanned Atlantis, the Waith could tranfer the data, activate the Self-Destruction and tranport himself to the city]

Episode 20

Probably one of the best episodes of the season as the Wraith launch an all-out attack against Atlantis. The addition of new forces from Earth gives the Atlanteans a better chance at surviving, but the Wraith still manage to kick the living bajeezus out of them. An annoying addition is Colonel Everett. He just drives me spare with his whole "I'm a Colonel I know more than you" attitude. I have a strong suspiscion that Wraith he's been cornered by is gonna eat him, Another annoying factor is the cliffhanger ending. Sheppard's final comment of "I'm going in", followed by the displaying of that good old "To Be Continued"

Thread