Thread
Printable Version

Big Love Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Tonight new episode!! YAY!!

Tonight's episode looks good, from the previews. Things are really starting to get heated up!! Can't wait to see what Nikki does next.

Wow what a great episode. I think Wanda is freaking a little over Kathy's Twin. I kept thinking Nikki's ex was gonna kidnap her and no one would know. Nikki is finally laying in the bed she made. she is still trying to spin it off her but I think it is gonna stick.
What is Barb's sister up to?

Reply 12#12 gabsimom's post

Ohh, great episode!! Yeah, Wanda was looking at Kathy's twin kind of creepy. Nikki's ex seemed a bit psycho, but Nikki is seeming a few marbles short these days.

I think that Cindy, is trying to get her in trouble with the LDS. The Bishop she was talking to, was Barb's Bishop from her old ward. That whole story, about helping "save" Barb, was just a load of bull. From what I can see, it's Ted & Cindy that need to be saved!!

Sorry for the delay in response, I just got to watch it tonight. I was fighting off food poisoning (bad salad dressing from take out).

eeeww I don"t envy you. You are so perceptive. Part of Nikki's problems might be because of the ex. Did you catch he was Wanda's brother.  Crazy what inbreeding does.

What a great episode. Nikki has a daughter and this is why she is so flawed. The guilt of leaving her behind.
Joey killed Roman or so we hope. But now what? Is Bill trying to elevate himself to prophet? Sneaky Bill cutting his brother in law out but can you believe them. He helps them get back their daughter and they still want to shake Bill down? Unbelievable. So Alby made the letter, hilarious.

Roman made the letters, not Alby, from what I understood.
And Roman looked pretty dead to me. Bout dang time. But I don't want Joey to go down for it; that man just had to go.
I dont think Bill was trying to elevate himself to Prophet, I think he was just trying to fill a need that his family had after all this mess; they're good people and many people who have found themselves differing from their initial tribe have split off and formed something else; it happens all the time.  

I fail to believe that Nikki will be able to really change . We will have to see. I am so glad she got her daughter out.

I'm glad Bill took care of his family's business security and knocked Ted out of the game; he knew he couldn't trust Ted to play fair and he protected himself. One thing I really enjoy about the character Bill is how he's able to do the right thing when the chips come down to it (Like saving Kim Lee) and keep business separate.  He's pretty good usually at weeding out the priorities. Bet Cindy's gonna be mad when she finds out that Bill kicked Ted's butt out of the gaming cut and her hateful side will be back once more!

I am so bummed out that we have to wait so long for the next episode. I really really hate that. I do not like this new spacing pattern of seasons that many networks have come up with.  It is dang inconvinient for our real lives. Do they think it makes them more money??? Sheesh!

I think the writers strike started alot of this crap. plus shows like big love and some of the other short ones have bigger stars so that might be why they keep them short to keep the big stars and their paychecks are higher than most. At least that is what I think.

This season was just so awesome, I couldn't stop watching. I hope it returns in the fall.

I hope the show returns too. Its so different than anything I've seen it's interesting. I guess I'm addicted to the weirdness.

You and me both. I love it!

Well i finally got around season 2 and it does like fallout isn't bad i thought they would have move but there are still in house. i admit 2 years ago i quit watching this show because i felt uncomfortable around this subject but for some reason now i seem accept the life style

my full review all seasons

OMG,  i have just finished the 3rd season I'm so shocking just when i thought it was all over for Nikki she come back in the last 2 minutes of episode 10 . i have got to admit this season was 10 times better than previous two. i honestly don't know how they can better this show with season 4, they have raised the bar .

My favourite episode had to be Come, Ye Saints  because all the secret were revealed in this episode.

This is a show i never expected to enjoy but this season really hooked me. i might never understand the life-style but this show does teach us tolerance towards the polygamy which i think makes this original. i honestly didn't see this lasting more 1 season when it started 3 years ago  but it as the seasons goes on grown to love all the wives.

Ben and Margie -well at least he told he's in love with her but i wish explored the relationship a bit-we all season 1 how close they become and you can see he has no idea what to do. i feel Ben is in a difficult position. he can't pretend he has no feeling but I'm glad she set him right.   

The whole albey  situation was the only story-line i hated but now that he's dead know so it hoping season 4 will explore the relationship between the wives in a little bit more detail.

The 4th wife wow that didn't last long did it?-what was she thinking first sign of trouble she walks out . i just don't get how introduce her than left her  for a season than went back to her.it felt that used that  to waste a few episodes?.

[ Last edited by bala at 6-28-2009 17:45 ]

Big Love Season 4 Discussion **Possible Spoilers**

When we rejoin the family, man of the house(s) Bill (Bill Paxton) will be running for state senator. But the issue won’t be whether he wins but what he stands to lose along the way. “His goal, if he’s elected, is to put himself and his family out there as public polygamists,” says executive producer Marc V. Olsen, adding, “He can’t be impeached for that. Polygamy is technically a misdemeanor in Utah, [and a misdemeanor is not] an impeachable offense.” Nonetheless, the Henrickson wives’ vote is split in a way that threatens to splinter the entire clan.

Source **

Recent Ratings
  • gabsimom Points +2 thanks 12-16-2009 19:37

Reply 1#1 bala's post

Wow Bill's going to run for state senator, that will be a great story.  I can't wait until January, one of my favorite show and now I have my whole family hooked.  Isn't the entire clan already splintered from last seasons problems between bill and Nickie.  I feel so bad for Nickie!

Big Love: Season 4 Trailer

Reply 3#3 bala's post

Thanks for the trailer, wow what a sneak peak this season looks so good.  I was wondering is it just me or does this show get better and better.  Can not wait until january.
Marie

sneak peeks

[ Last edited by bala at 1-7-2010 19:05 ]

Great start to the season who would thought Roman body would make for an interesting revelation-what is it with wives who storing their husband in the freezer  .

Reply 6#6 bala's post

I wouldn't want bacon out of that freezer but sitting on the chair on the building site was funny, Roman being dead and is still causing problems

Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

I'm surprised she managed keep it a secret for that long

4x02 The Greater Good

A bit slow but nice ending when Sarah and Scott opt out of a wedding at Bill's church but end up in the back garden

Thread