Thread
Printable Version

Big Love Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 13#13 sddvasquez's post

This show is wierd.   I've never watched it before, but knew of the show & what it was about... Anyway, since Gab sent me a Valentine pm I decided to check the show out.

Although, I'm a person who respect other ppl's lifestyles & stuff....I watch the L Word after all.....but, this show is wierd.

The main reason...the woman in me find it strange to watch women share their man like that.

But I'm intigued.

I had to rewatch the pilot for the quiz, and I can see where the show has evolved alot. The wives do have moe control than you think. When 1 is mad thaey all are  As far as the money on the night stand, Niki asks for more money han the others and is now in serious debt. Thats why Bill left her the money. The way it was done was for shock.

Quote:
Originally posted by sddvasquez at 1-8-2008 02:45  
this show creeps us out. ...
You're not the only one.

Reply 16#16 Milks26's post

Roman Grant

Adaleen Grant - Wife (4th out of 14)      

Currently, the wily Prophet has a bevy of wives, the youngest to-be at 14, Rhonda.  

That's my problem with the Mormon church & Polygamy. Age 14 I'm a criminal justice student and nothing would please me more than tracking these ppl down.

[ Last edited by Milks26 at 1-8-2008 19:30 ]

Quote:
Originally posted by gabsimom
I had to rewatch the pilot for the quiz, and I can see where the show has evolved alot
I agree, I had to re-watch the first episode and I can see why people would just not like it....but, it does evolve and you get to know each of the characters on a more personal basis, which endears you more.

Personally I wouldn't be into polygamy. I'm a monogamous person and it just would bode well with me. Plus, I think it's unfair that only the men get to have multiple wives. ....however....I still love this show !!

[ Last edited by shinny at 1-8-2008 19:10 ]

Hi all!!
I've been absent for a few months but, fingers crossed, all is well now    
I have watched a few episodes of Big Love and so far it seems quite good - I'm on episode 6 now of series 1.

Reply 19#19 gymcoach's post

Glad your back , And Glad we have a new Big Love Fan.

Thanks Tina, fab to be back!!

Has there been any news on when we will get to see, what Bill and Roman are up to? I'm so excited for the new season to begin, to see what happens next.

Big Love Season 3 Discussion **Spoilers**

Wow, what an amazing 1st episode. Niki is still the bad one, lol. Poor Barb and why hasn't anyone caught on to her sudden personality change?
And now we have a lost boy. I was wondering when they were going to bring their story in.
What did you all think.

I know.  It is going to be a good season.  I can't wait.  That boy is going to be trouble I just know it.  Another wife too.  The cancer is back OMG.

Episode 2 Empire

What a funny first date with 2 of the wife's in the back seat and then Bill and Margene in bed when she wanted bill to stop saying it is not my tern to have a baby

OMG barbs face at the end of this episode? was she saying what have I done? Has she changed her mind again?

This last episode was amazing. So it looks like Rhonda is going to be a street kid. poor Niki, she is so confused.
Do you think she will cheat on Bill. Why is Bill so blind to the fact Niki is conniving b****?

Wow, so most of the family secrets and worries came out in this episode. Do you think Niki will get back on track or she ready to leave it all?
It is so funny how religious groups try to cover up what ever happen in their prophets time because it is not p.c. today. What does everyone else think about that?

Reply 20#20 gypsiegirl66's post

Hope you gave him a big kiss  for saying that, very sweet!  I think maybe my marriage would of survive if there was more then one of me LOL.

Wow, what an amazing season. Nikki, is still up to her old tricks. eh? After the way last season ended, I didn't think that things would be so out of control. I think it's funny, how the wife that claims she lives "The Principle", and didn't marry for love, is the one that strays. And, she's on the pill, when the whole purpose of "The Principle", is to bring new souls into the world, to join them in the "Celestial Kingdom".
I'm not sure why, but Margene is getting on my nerves. I've always liked her, but she is bugging me this season.
I was surprised, at how quickly Anna left. At first (last season), I liked her, but after getting to know her better, I'm glad it didn't work out.
I agree, that some religions want to make things, appear more normal than they are.
Wouldn't that be a hoot, if a letter like that, actually came out. That would make the LDS's, heads....

[ Last edited by gypsiegirl66 at 3-2-2009 10:05 ]

I can't wait for this next episode. Why didn't it update

There is a rumor about that document. I think the writers based it on the document. I am so upset about Joey's fiancee. She was so sweet and to die trying to get back to Joey. According to their beliefs she may not join him in their celestial home in heaven as they were not married yet.

Reply 9#9 gabsimom's post

I know, that was soooo sad. That Roman, is the devil himself. Yes, I think you're right about the document, but if it was proved, heads would spin!!

Thread