Thread
Printable Version

VIP Help!! ~ RealPlayer Troubleshooting Help

Getting stuck loading

Hi, Been using both free and vip for a while now. Past few weeks the VIP (not free) has been getting stuck while loading. Gets to various %'s (most frustrating is 99%!) and then does nothing. Tried lots of tricks... I typically login, play, wait for it to begin playing, then click play in realplayer, then wait for it to load in RP (pause, wait for caching, leave it overnight to complete with record on, etc), always leave the initial play window open in the background. I have tried with both IE and Firefox and the result is the same for both servers (EU and US) on Windows. I'm located in New Zealand. Seems to be worst in my evenings (server maintenance??). Downloads overnight or in the morning seem to work more often. I have better than dialup, but not much. I've extended all the RP settings for caching, etc to the max. Tried recording while playing and also "download to"... both left overnight, both same results. Mostly trying with "The Tudors". This all used to work like a charm... within the past month it has gotten to the point where it is barely usable. Takes like 10 attempts to get a full show. Seriously. Any advice, suggestions, etc would be greatly appreciated!!! This is our only connection to the make-believe world of TV!

Thread