Thread
Printable Version

VIP Help!! ~ RealPlayer Troubleshooting Help

Hi. I recently got a brand new computer, and though everything else is better, I'm having problems watching shows. The main thing, and the thing I think would help the most if I could fix it, is that my blue loading bar is gone. This didn't seem to make any difference when watching old eps of Stargate, but I've been watching the free American Idol and it stops to communicate all the time and I have no idea if it's even loaded because the bar is not there. Has anyone had this problem? I read all of this thread and the troubleshooting thread and went through all the RealPlayer settings, but I can't find it mentioned anywhere. Oh, and it randomly DOES have the blue bar - I'd say once, maybe twice in twenty. If it matters, I have Vista 64 and RealPlayer 11. Also, just want to say I've been a monthly member for a loooong time now (I just think of it as my cable bill - don't even watch regular tv anymore ), and never had any real problems. I love this site and would really like to fix this. Please help! Thanks!

Thank you for your advice, waterlilybarb. I followed your instructions exactly and I still have no loading bar. Some people have said that RealPlayer 10.5 is better for this site than 11, do you think this could be the problem?

Well, I haved tried all of those things, and nothing has worked, I still have no blue bar. However, I haven't had any problems in the past couple of days, so I guess I'll just live with it and hope it keeps working most of the time. Thanks for your help.

Thread