Thread
Printable Version

VIP Help!! ~ RealPlayer Troubleshooting Help

I've been having loads of problems viewing from the UK too. In the last week House, BSG and Dexter have all been unwatchable, each stopping part-way through episodes with the message 'Communicating (x%)'. I've reinstalled Real v.11 and its made no difference. One Dexter episode (3x08) stopped at the same point each time I watched it (on different days). I've never had the problem before - Real v.11 was working fine for weeks with Firefox. This site used to be fantastic, but the speed / stopping issues are making it unusable - shame as I just bought loads of points! If anyone's got any possible fixes that I can try I'd be really grateful. Cheers

Thanks for the reply gabsimom. I do usually give it 10 mins before I start to view. This seems to be a site/real/firefox issue rather than connection speed, as I have had no problem streaming from other sites recently, and I've tested my broadband speed (which is higher than average). Last night I tried to watch the latest episode of House - I waited 10 mins before watching but the connection stopped about 12 mins in - I paused it for 30 mins but it didn't restart. Many thanks for the help though

Thanks again! I tried this today, and it was a great improvement. The play still stopped at one point (in the middle of the blue bar that had already been buffered), but I did your trick and skipped 30 secs or so and it started again. I'll try it again on a few of the 'problem' episodes and see how it goes. Cheers

Thread