Thread
Printable Version

VIP Help!! ~ RealPlayer Troubleshooting Help

Hi What causes the screen to go green? I have this problem when watching either the US or EU versions and normally this rectifies itself. However I have now been trying to watch episode five of The Shield season 7 for the past 10 minutes and versions keep colouring over and you only get the sound. Also, is there any way whilst watching the standard tv video channel of enlarging the screen past the teeny tiny one?! The largest I can get it to is really small! Thanks for your help LOVE THE SITE! Nik

the closer seasson 4 ep 9

the lips on the show move after the sound bite has passed i think i am watching an old slient film with the sound added am armature thru out the whole show thank you hwst4

Reply 22#22 hwst4's post

Check out our Fix the Bugs Member's Challemge. If your problem has not been reported you will receive points for helping keep the site standards up.

p.s. Sorry I'm currently unable to check out the epsiode for you, but another mod will see to it ASAP.
[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 10-8-2008 00:20 ]
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Vip channel not working in china?!

Hi.. I currently live in china and of course I want to be able to follow all the shows I have become adicted to.. However, when I try to enter the vip channel all i get is this message written with yellow letters on black background: "Sorry, the site is under an important maintenance, please visit us later." I would like to know if this is because I am in China or if there is some way this problem can be solved Regards, Jake

Reply 24#24 Jakefckfc's post

Jake, no that shouldn't be the case at all. This is an international site, in fact this site originated from China (most of our admin team are based there). I wonder was there some maintenance going on when you tried to access. I just tried to view some shows there and they worked fine for me. Can you try again and let us know how you get on?

It is still the same... I don't know what the problem is. I asked my friend who also lives here, and the problem is the same for him It's been the same since I came too China 2 weeks ago

Reply 26#26 Jakefckfc's post

Thanks for coming back to let us know. Can I suggest you PM lbjedward and let him know? He's our Administrator and also based in China.

Whenever I want to play VIP videos in Real, it freezes up and I then have to "end now". Anybody have tips? I'm using 11, but it worked for several months before and I've installed it a couple times now.

Real Player v11

I downloaded the new version of real player today. Now viewing is 'jerky'. Is that a technical term (LOL)? Also the sound is off and on, inconsistent. Not just on Real player! Not real techy here and need Help! JanetintheJaw! [ Last edited by janeta1 at 11-17-2008 02:39 ]

Quote:
Originally posted by redsoxpatriot30 at 11-10-2008 02:42 Whenever I want to play VIP videos in Real, it freezes up and I then have to "end now". Anybody have tips? I'm using 11, but it worked for several months before and I've installed it a couple times no ...
At least I'm not the only one having issues with rp11...

Reply #30 janeta1's post

Have you uninstalled it a couple times? I found that you have to do a "clean" uninstall to make sure all of it got out of the system before you install again. If you want to know how to do a clean uninstall, go to the first post of this thread...RP now works for me and I can get on with life!

Reply 30#30 janeta1's post

I had trouble with 11 after updates so i uninstalled it and re-installed it and didn't update it and it works OK now

the 2 servers arent answering b;ocking from 70% to 97% on many shows LT

Reply 33#33 ltoledano's post

Hi there, can you elaborate on what you mean? Are you getting an error message? Tks.

Reply 5#5 01torres's post

I was able to open the page for Crossing Jordan from the Real browser, but for some reason it is not opening in my Firefox. I can only get as far as the page with all the seasons, but when I click on a specific season I get a "file not found" errror. Also the display of the forum is all strange & only text. Can you tell me how to fix this? Its behaving very strangely. I don't remember changing anything. Maybe my desktop has some kind of malware again. I hope not b/c last time I had to reinstall my operating system. Thanks a lot. [ Last edited by gothceltgirl at 1-14-2009 22:19 ]

Best time to watch

Hey guys, Ive had no end of trouble watching Supernatural and 30 Rock with it getting stuck on 'Communicating xx%' and being stuck there when me and my husband went to watch them in the evening, but watched Eli Stone during the day with no problems. I am presuming this might be due to heavy usage around the world so I was wondering when the worst/best times are to watch stuff...I live in the UK but can convert times. Its just that we brought credits so we could watch stuff together and its getting really frustrating. Thanks, Rebecca

Reply 36#36 slinky_whippet's post

That's very difficult tell you because at any time there could be a problem best way use free shows basis to test what best time for you . We can't tell you exactly when best time to watch none of can give accurate time. we assume in uk morning and afternoon will best time but anything after 5pm onwards can be busy time on here.

I've been having loads of problems viewing from the UK too. In the last week House, BSG and Dexter have all been unwatchable, each stopping part-way through episodes with the message 'Communicating (x%)'. I've reinstalled Real v.11 and its made no difference. One Dexter episode (3x08) stopped at the same point each time I watched it (on different days). I've never had the problem before - Real v.11 was working fine for weeks with Firefox. This site used to be fantastic, but the speed / stopping issues are making it unusable - shame as I just bought loads of points! If anyone's got any possible fixes that I can try I'd be really grateful. Cheers

Reply 38#38 minkeygirl's post

The best thing to do is to left click the realplayer icon when the viewing window pops up and choosing to play in real player mode. When the show starts hit pause go make a snack get your drink and bathroom break out of the way then hit play and enjoy. If you need more help please ask.

Thanks for the reply gabsimom. I do usually give it 10 mins before I start to view. This seems to be a site/real/firefox issue rather than connection speed, as I have had no problem streaming from other sites recently, and I've tested my broadband speed (which is higher than average). Last night I tried to watch the latest episode of House - I waited 10 mins before watching but the connection stopped about 12 mins in - I paused it for 30 mins but it didn't restart. Many thanks for the help though

Thread