Thread
Printable Version

Numb3rs Season 4-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I'm glad Charlie is going to try and get his clearance back.  I felt bad for him when they came to ask Larry and Amita for help and had to kick Charlie out of the room.  It's not the same without him and Don working together.  It was really sweet in the end when Don told Charlie he wanted him to get it back because they needed him.  I love Larry!  He was too funny getting Charlie to help without him knowing by making him jealous of that other professor.

I don't really know how I feel about the new girl yet.  She's definitely no Megan but so far she seems like a good addition to the cast.

I have to agree I really like Meg also but the new girl is ok. Will have to see how that turns out

Reply 9#9 carlorica's post

i personally don't like the actress but there nothing i can do about it

Reply 11#11 spratt89's post

yep she was and i didn't like her

5x02 - The Decoy Effect

What I liked most about this episode is how it looks like things are being set in motion to cause some major changes for Don.  The character played by Keith Carradine, the guy Charlie has to go through to get his clearance back, really seems more concerned with getting Don out of the high profile area of the Bureau than he is with Charlie's case - though they are intertwined.  I think it will prove to be an interesting multi-episode arc.

The actual storyline in this episode didn't do a whole lot for me, though it did give us a little more insight into Nicky's personality and what kind of agent she is.  I loved how David & Colby kept calling her the "new guy".

I also liked how Amita double-checked with Charlie about her involvement with the case to make sure he was OK with it.  I think it showed how committed they are to one another and their relationship, as well as a mutual respect.  Situations like that are never easy in a relationship, but even less so when the awkwardness is ignored.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 14#14 waterlilybarb's post

it was good episode and i think your right there going changes i suspect Don going forced re-tire or take another position i think that guy who interview Charlie might take over Don's job-just a feeling. it nice to see Charlie relationship with Amita more interesting at the end-there were married couple in the bed.

Reply 16#16 spratt89's post

isn't great that we can predict story-line even before that happen

Did I hear that right...David was stationed in Tel Aviv???

anyway i thought it was an interesting episode.  I was surprised to see Don get so angry though.  It seemed a little out of place there, but maybe with Charlie's situation the writer's felt the change in Don's character would start to come out at work.  I too see some alterior motives to the interviewer guy.  He does seem like he wants to take Don down more than Charlie!

5x03 - Blowback

Awesome episode!  Charlie & Don are such good brothers, and Alan does a pretty good job at the whole "Dad" thing.  That McGowan is a total butt, but I think everyone did well.  

BTW, WHAT was Colby thinking?!

Charlie and Don are great brothers!  What Don said about Charlie was  really sweet!  I didn't really like the case in this episdoe very much, but it was a good character episode.  I'm glad Don spoke up and told Robin he didn't want her to go.  Relationships never were Don's strong suit, but he is coming along.

Reply 20#20 imarielle626's post

I totally agree about Don telling Robin.  I have a feeling he took to heart what his Dad said.   Definitely a better character episode than case.

BTW, WHAT was Colby thinking?!

i know i can't believe it , he should know better but faking a death that going bite him the ass in a future episode

The case is interesting but i agree Don & Charlie are great brother

Reply 23#23 spratt89's post

I agree.  This was an interesting case, and I enjoyed Henry Winkler in the role.  The ending was definitely a surprise, but I'm glad McGowan finally saw that Don was not trying to overstep the line, but rather just wanted the line to stop moving.  I'm glad Charlie got his clearance back so early in the season because drawing that storyline out too long would have been a bit momotonous, though I will say, I did enjoy Larry's analogy - it was an interesting and different perspective than Charlie's.

Reply 25#25 waterlilybarb's post

i just wish someone would give Henry Winkler a show-he's very famous and surprised why he been out limelight

Reply 26#26 bala's post

I know for a long time after "Happy Days" he mainly worked behind the camera, directing.  He's a very good actor and I always enjoy seeing him do guest spots - he's very versatile.  He's also usually in Adam Sandler movies.

Episode 5

Wow this was great episode that guy was brillant i mean i love how this episode kept my attention usually i get bored half way through but this great action-packed episode, that guy was talented with barcodes

Reply 29#29 spratt89's post

I agree a great episode for Numb3rs! I thought the autism aspect of it was really interesting and how David handled him was really sweet.  I love it when we get to see more from the agents then just their everyday job.

I did not however like that Alan was hinting at the fact that Charlie and Amita might not be together sometime in the future!  How could he do that?  I predicted so long ago that they are going to get engaged sometime this season and I really hope it happens!  They have been showing them being a bit more intimate with each other lately than in the past.  Like they greet each other with a kiss more often and when charlie, alan, and amita were walking through the university, charlie had his arm around amita.  I don't know i guess i pick out these little things cuz i'm just waiting for the proposal lol

Reply 30#30 imarielle626's post

Well i think he know Charlie better than any of us?

Reply 32#32 spratt89's post

it's really up to Alan whether his kids are or not

Reply 32#32 spratt89's post

Great episode!!!  I don't know why but I've always had this interest in magic ever since i was little...I like knowing how it works more than the actual magic so this episode really caught my interests!  I've also met Penn before so seeing him on tv was cool!  His show in Vegas is really good too!

Back to the episode.  I loved the plot of David getting set up!  It was intriguing.  Why can't all the episodes be as intriguing as this one was?

Don's religious revelation is interesting too.  It shows us a softer side to him we don't see often with all the FBI and crime stuff going on with him.

Thread