67 1234
Thread
Printable Version

Can someone explain the medals and status?

Can someone explain the medals and status?

So I noticed that some people have medals and whatever, can someone point me to how to get those? As well as when you change status from a "newbie" to something else? I'm guessing it's based on # of posts.
Recent Ratings
  • bala Points +2 Original question 11-5-2007 12:51

Reply #1 kks's post

This was posted in a previous thread and explains things fully.

Quoting one of the administrators:

QUOTE:
Originally posted by lbjedward at 6-25-2007 05:54 AM
Our forum is applying Discuz! forum which has three ranking systems, namely posts , points and online time.

The first system can define members into beginner (less than 50 posts), poster (50-300), cool poster (300-1000), writer (1000-3000), excellent writer (over 3000).

The second system can define members into Newbie-one star (below 50 points), Member-two stars (50-200 points), Conqueror-three stars (200-500) and so on. Never mind your rank. If you applied for converting forum points into VIP points, your forum points would be reset.

The third system can award members more rank stars, alike the second system. But stars acquired from this way will be kept permanently.

As for moderators that status can only be assigned by the administrators, and the role is usually given to those they see fit to fulfill the role and who've showed prior interest as well as those being recommended by other mods. Mind you that not everyone interested would be chosen to be a moderator or we'll end up with a forum where everyone is moderating and have nothing to moderate but other moderators, (that reminds me of a while ago where most participants in the forum were mods). But I'm sure they will be taken into consideration.
**NOTE: CURRENTLY NO NEW MODERATORS ARE BEING ADDED**

Originally posted by Janenjab
[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 7-4-2012 12:44 ]
trulee - Red is better than Blue, We're the CHAMPIONS so it's TRUE!!

The medals are a way to reward those people who contribute well to the site. The kind of medal you receive will depend on your status and contribution.

For great contributors:
Five-star General
Admiral
Lieutenant General
Major General
For mods and super mods:
Colonel
Commander
Major

For members:
Captain
Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 3-5-2008 23:43 ]

Reply #3 funny-girl101's post

Cheers funny-girl101, I guess the old brain was only working on 1 cylinder when I did my post, forgetting to explain the medals and all.

Wow thanks for the info! Now I know what those things mean...

Reply #4 trulee's post

That's okay. Happens to me a lot too.

Reply #6 funny-girl101's post

I've just been given Lieutenant status...it feels good Thanks

Reply #7 Milks26's post

Congratulations on the promotion!
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply #7 Milks26's post

yep congrats

are there any special benefits that come with these medals?

None at all, just the proud feeling you get after recieving it and the increased respect from other members.
The pen is mighter than the sword.

Quote:
Originally posted by 01torres at 11-13-2007 19:50 None at all, just the proud feeling you get after recieving it and the increased respect from other members.
Yeah

they're a way of rewarding those on the site

Quote:
Originally posted by funny-girl101 at 10-15-2007 23:11 The medals are a way to reward those people who contribute well to the site. The kind of medal you receive will depend on your status and contribution.
Quick question, when you say contribution, do you mean donations?

Reply 14#14 shinny's post

No, its more to do with your activity on the forum. How often you post and the contribution you make on the forum as a member etc...

Reply 14#14 shinny's post

i'm sure you will get medal soon i wish we could nominate member to get member to get medals? Shinny should get a Lieutenant medal

Reply 16#16 bala's post

Awwh, thanks Bala

Reply 17#17 shinny's post

what with avatar-it's starting to annoy me

Reply 18#18 bala's post

Haha, you give with one hand and take with the other It's a TV (coz of the TV shows) and "the box" is slang term for TV, so I liked it.

Reply 19#19 shinny's post

That's just me

67 1234
Thread