Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

Reply 3920#3920 arksongbird80's post

only time will tell

Only Ellen could get away with this

To trust someone to get in box

Ya'll remember the show, "hangin' with Mr. Cooper"??

I had Mark Curry on my plane a couple days ago!  He's such a nice guy.  Got his autograph and everything.

(from the internet.  I didn't have my phone on inflight)
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 3923#3923 arksongbird80's post

That's pretty cool Arksongbird
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Barb :)

Have you seen the headache guru person yet?  Are you fixed?   Thinking about you.

Reply 3925#3925 arksongbird80's post

Still have almost daily migraines.  I've seen the doctor, but the treatment is not covered and is expensive.  I'm looking into other ways I might be able to get it even partially covered.  Sure wish it was fixed.  Thanks for asking.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 3926#3926 waterlilybarb's post

I wish there were a headache guru for me.....Unfortunately my bangers are unrelated to what Barb is going through, did try the acupuncture with no relief. hope you can find the funds for this guru, BTW what kind of Dr is this guru. Let me know when you're up for a phone call, a lot has happened and I could use my other pod member.
Feel better sweets!!

Hi everyone else miss being around!

PS: bala embrace your 30's they are the best years of your life....you should have passed the immaturity of your younger years and the wisdom will make them awesome, as long as you let them and don't get hung up on a number (age).

Reply 3927#3927 gypsiegirl66's post

No guru, just botox treatment for chronic migraine.  It was approved by Health Canada as a viable treatment option for those diagnosed with chronic migraine, but my drug plan won't cover it.  I'm not surprised, but I initially misunderstood and thought they would, so needless to say, I was disappointed.  Even my idiot neurologist agrees that I don't tolerate the chemicals in all the different preventive meds well at all, and encouraged me to see if I could get it covered.  If not, he'll send me to the Headache Clinic in London, ON.  

I'll let you know when I'm feeling a bit better.  My head is throbbing today and I only got a few hours sleep, so am hoping to crawl back to my cave soon.  

Wish you were feeling a bit better.  I'll be talking to you soon though.

Hey all, hope everyone is doing well. I was just looking back over the thread as I had missed a few comments. Barb, that was a joke that you never got the botox. I know you and I have talked about it before, but I still don't see the sense in that!

When will you be 30 Bala? My sis just turned 30 a few months back and she's loving it. Big year for her seeing as she is also getting married later in the year. I remember my 30th so well. We had a birthday celebration with all my close family and friends, great night. It's funny, the one thing that I noticed about being in my 30's is how stupid things don't seem to bother you anymore. Things definitely roll off your back a lot easier. I would say that I am much more easy going. I was never an intense sort of a person, I'm quite rational anyway, but I don't sweat the small stuff these days. What's the point??

For those of you near a coast enjoy the view and happy memorial day for all soldiers around the world!  Cheers

[ Last edited by arksongbird80 at 6-1-2012 05:16 ]

Just looking at my last post. Well my sis got married on Thursday and it was a great day. We also had my nephew's christening this weekend, while everybody was home. I'm just glad we have a public holiday today and it's a nice long weekend!! My sis and her hubbie are off to Florida tomorrow so we're hoping Sandy won't cause any issues. I know it has moved up around NY now but it could still affect the flight path.

Reply 3931#3931 shinny's post

Oh no!  I hope they have some decent weather for their honeymoon, or that they got cancellation insurance in case the storm causes a lot of flights to be grounded.  Here, we aren't getting rain, but the wind has been blowing since yesterday, and was whistling pretty loudly all night.  Glad you have an extra day to rest up from all the festivities.  So nice that the whole family could be there for both events.

Yeah, they got away ok. I was just tracking their flight online and they landed about 15 minutes ago. I'd say they were relieved!

My friend (that I visit in New York) is home at the moment and her partner has come over too. His first time to Ireland. He manages the Trump building in Wall St so he's been like a cat on a hot tin rough really wanting to be back there! They go home on Sunday.

Parents of young children should read

The 10 most unwanted Christmas gifts revealed

The 10 most unappreciated gifts are:

1. Smellies/ beauty products (31 per cent)
2. Christmas novelty gifts (23 per cent)
3. Hat/scarf/gloves (17 per cent)
4. Woolly jumper (14 per cent)
5. Book (13 per cent)
6. Box of chocolates (12 per cent)
7. Socks (11 per cent)
8. Slippers (nine per cent)
9. CDs/DVDs (nine per cent)
10. A new bag (six per cent)

Reply 3934#3934 bala's post

Just noticed your post about the effects of TV & technology on kids.  I agree that too much at an early age is not good.  Interestingly though, my 10 year old nephew has some comprehension issues, and the school told his parents that he is an ideal candidate for a new program they have which uses iPads (or tablets, but they recommended the iPad because of specific apps) in the classroom.  Not all students are in the program.  He is new to it, so we don't know how it's helping quite yet, but hopefully it will enable him to gain a better comprehension of what he's reading.  Odd how the brain works, as his reading level itself is quite high, but if you ask him to explain to you what he's just read, he has difficulty.

As for the gifts, I don't use scented products, so I wouldn't like those ever, but the others don't seem bad at all...except the socks & novelty items.  No one wants socks for a gift.   I don't celebrate Christmas, but am appreciative of any gift I receive throughout the year.  If someone was thinking of me and bought me slippers, a woolly jumper (just not a hideous one like the one Toni Collette wore in About a Boy), or chocolate, I'd be delighted.  And books are my favourite gift to give & receive.  It's just a matter of matching the right book with the right person.

Baby gets mail

I Told My Kids I Ate All Their Halloween Candy 2013

Thought you guys need a laugh

Reply 3938#3938 bala's post

Only one child swearing was a pleasant surprise and not liking Jimmy was understandable

Reply 3939#3939 codebreaker's post

Well their reaction were certainly mixed and quite amusing espically the one one's who tried threaten his parent with kick up their behind .

ps: sorry for late reply

Thread