Thread
Printable Version

The Black Donnellys Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Black Donnellys Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss anything about The Black Donnellys Here

Meet the Donnelly brothers: Tommy, Jimmy, Kevin and Sean. There is nothing these four Irish brothers wouldn't do to protect each other, and for them that means lying, cheating, stealing and, occasionally, calling the cops. Narrated by wannabe gangster Joey "Ice Cream," this gritty series bears witness to the Donnelly brothers' sudden involvement in organized crime, focusing on how they go from boys to mobsters, and showing how their new life affects their relationships with friends, family and lovers.

Academy Award winners Paul Haggis and Bobby Moresco ("Crash") are the creators of this gritty new crime drama series loosely based on Moresco's background. The ensemble cast includes Jonathan Tucker ("Texas Chainsaw Massacre"), Billy Lush ("Huff"), Thomas Guiry ("Mystic River"), Michael Stahl-David ("Uncle Nino"), Keith Nobbs ("25th Hour"), Olivia Wilde ("The O.C.") and Kirk Acevedo ("Oz"). Haggis, who directed the pilot, and Moresco are the creators, executive producers and co-writers. The series is from NBC Universal Television Studio in association with Blackfriars Bridge Productions

All narrative taken from NBC official site

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 2-28-2015 23:42 ]
trulee - Red is better than Blue, We're the CHAMPIONS so it's TRUE!!

enjoyable to watch but short lived

This really is a good show shame it got cancelled but be warned not to get hooked because no real ending.

the black donnellys

seriously, one of the best shows i seen recently, almost on par with the sopranos!!! some questions- how many episodes aired so far by nbc?? 12 or 13?? also any more episodes this season as the ending is a bit abrupt and one feels more cud follow bfr the end of the season...

totally watchable..

I just finished this incredibly good show and can't believe that they canceled it.  I hate that were left hanging, It's a shame that shows that really suck are on for years and this show couldn't make 5 episodes.   I wished I knew that there wasn't any closure at the finale I don't think i would of watch all the shows.  

I love this show so much and its a shame it got axed.
I heard that there was a 13th episode does anyone how i could wathc it.

Cos it can't just end like it did I need closure....lol

I only saw one episode cos our TV network only showed it just before midnight so it was missed by a lot of people. But I was suprised how good it was especially being a show that was unheard of over here (Ireland) which was strange.
It definatly had potential and could have been very big over here. Hopefully it will be picked up by other networks and encourage NBC to make another series.
Heres hoping.

Thread