77 1234
Thread
Printable Version

Boston Legal Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Boston Legal 5x11

They really wrap up this series before it get any worse

Reply 19#19 bala's post

I really enjoyed this week's episode.  I was surprised that the double episode next week is going to be the series finale.  I knew this was the final season, but I thought they would get a FULL season.  Too bad.  It's a well-written and well acted show.  I'm sure the finale will be excellent.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 20#20 waterlilybarb's post

it been ages since we chat about last few episodes

Reply 21#21 bala's post

I know.  Life has become so busy for me that by the time I log in I forget to check some of the show forums that I normally post in.  I really liked that they brought Betty White back for a few episodes this last season.  

The case that she & Carl brought was quite interesting.  It got me thinking that there really aren't any shows in the US that are geared for people over 50.  I'm not that old but I have many friends that are who say the same thing.  It's a shame because as Carl brought out in his argument, people over 50 make up a huge part of the market, they have more disposable income than young people and they actually watch more TV than the young.  You'd think it would make economic sense to have more programming aimed at them.

Series Finale

5x12&13 - Made In China/Last Call

This was a bitter/sweet ending.  I loved the episode, and thought the show went out with all the panache that it had throughout the series, but I'm sad to see it go.

There were some hilarious moments - Denny & Alan getting married had to be one of the most ridiculous, though Denny shooting all the Chinese men taking over the firm with paintballs was pretty funny too.

I found it quite touching when Alan was arguing his case before the Supreme Court.  The way he spoke about Denny, his best friend, and what that horrible disease was doing to him and would do to him, was sincere and how one does feel when seeing a loved one suffer with Alzheimer's.

Seeing Chang, Poole & Schmidt on the wall at the end was odd, though fitting.

This is one of those shows that I am really going to miss.

Reply 23#23 waterlilybarb's post

Reply 24#24 bala's post

Thanks for that Bala.  I enjoyed the interview.

Reply 25#25 waterlilybarb's post

What i find on the internet anyway i watch last two episode and it just seem this show loves create debate and i can't believe Sheryl has something Chinese people taking over the firm.

Reply 26#26 bala's post

Though I don't necessarily agree with her (I don't know all the real details about those kind of business mergers), I understood her reasons, after she explained them.  

Reply 27#27 waterlilybarb's post

China is trying become first world country and there hard working people i just views she was expressed-yes there have bad laws in their countries but fact is there have follow rules US as a firm in US.

No more BL.

I think it is such a shame that BL is now finished. In my opinion it was the funniest, most heartwarming show that I have ever seen. I can only hope that it will be resumed sometime in the future.

Reply 29#29 kitosdad's post

i highly doubt it

Boston Legal - Season 2 discussion **possible spoilers**

Discuss Anything About Season 2 Here

Boston Legal - Season 3 discussion **possible spoilers**

Discuss Anything About Season 3 Here

now this was a fantastic show from start to finish of all seasons it was funny dramatic and i loved the shows writers they really challenged politics and had a different point of view

ive been watching through all of boston leagl again still watching it but i would have loved to have watched the practise which was before this and i understand this was a spin off from the show
always repect peoples opinions

The practice last few episodes from season 8 introduce this show shame i didn't watch them because it was good introduction having last 4 episode be Boston legal and it shows how Alan Shore & Denny Crane met was great. This was never address in boston legal but The practice showed this .

77 1234
Thread