Thread
Printable Version

Boston Legal Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Boston Legal 4x15

Man that really was a funny episode

denny i mean walking without pants but that wasn't funny, it was the bit fake tears wired into his skin had me in tears i mean dinner was funny with shirey getting wet but than denny got his heart broken again when they are friends.

Alan well bobo doll was funny epically denny shot it carring a gun.

Episode 4x15

I have only seen the pilot before and was looking for drama, but not too crime-y so I picked Boston Legal. What a good episode to go to! First, let me address Denny's problem...I feel for him as I'm going through the same thing (but I'm also not in my late 70s). He is getting a little off, but I don't think it's a problem...the wiring of the tear ducts was hilarious and I knew something was going to go wrong at dinner... At the end, I also laughed at the Que Sera Sera mishap... Both cases were well fought and my favorite was Shirley's. Her little spiel on war veterans was very true and scary... And Alan's was planned nicely...when I have to write essays, everything leads into the next...I find it effective as I get high marks ! Overall, excellent episode! Three more things: the bobo clown was a funny addition and I also thought the other attorney was a hoot with a capital H! Two pops if correct -pop pop- lol That guy looked and acted like Dwight from The Office...

Reply 20#20 redsoxpatriot30's post

Since you're new to the show, this is one you should add to your list.  Though there are often very serious cases, which shine a light on issues that get swept under the table, this show is, a heart, a comedy.  Shatner is so good in this.  I think it's the best role he's ever had, and he plays it just right.  The relationship between his character, Denny Crane, and James Spader's Alan Shore is one of my favourites on television.  It's unique in the way it portrays male friendship, but realistic in that there are men who have such close friendships.  Neither of them is any good with women - meaning long-term relationships - but they have become each other's family, which is nice amongst their madness.

This episode was a great way to get back into the season.  David Kelley always delivers, and I'm rarely, if ever, disappointed with this show.  Occasionally the sexual antics are a bit much, but thankfully they don't dominate the show.  Denny just thinks he's in love with Shirley, as he's idealized her in his infatuation.  She does love him, as a friend, and has been a good friend to him, but there's no way it's going anywhere beyond that.  The wired tear ducts were a riot.   There was no way that WASN'T going to go awry...but that's Denny.

Nice to have another voice in the conversation here.  Usually it's just me, and occasionally bala.  This is one of those shows that is fun to chat about.  My Mum & I actually call each other at the commercial breaks and have a laugh together at the craziness that is Boston Legal.  It's nice to have my Tuesday night laugh back.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 21#21 waterlilybarb's post

That a lot to read but denny needs get over her but you right earlier season were slightly better but i just think they going a bit over-board with Alan childhood do we really needs to hear all awful details.

The Mighty Rogues - 4x16

Tonight's episode was quite something.  Alan's argument in the case for Shirley's father was compelling and heart wrenching at the same time.  As someone who was a caretaker of a loved with Alzheimer's, it really struck me as a realistic take on a horrific disease.

Carl's case was just ridiculous.  The idea of any community having their own nuclear weapon is preposterous.  The underlying reason for the suit made more sense, but as a Canadian, some of the logic just evaded me.  Maybe it makes more sense from an American POV, but to outsiders, it seems absolutely outrageous.

Reply 23#23 waterlilybarb's post

This episode was definatly interesting i mean Shirley had make a tough choice and she got what she wanted maybe i felt a bit hard i hope i never have to make that type of decision when it comes my parents.

Jerry-man i felt bad for him never have much luck with the woman but that provide good story-line since at end they kind of made up but i think bad idea to get involved with her-if she didn't know how fraglie jerry was she shouldn't of got involved with her.

Alan closing was good speech about denny.

poor Jerry

Another Good speech by Alan

Too much politics in latest episode not enough comedy

Reply 26#26 bala's post

Denny's always good for a laugh.  When he thought the cows turned on him because he had Mad Cow - THAT was funny.   I also get a kick out of the way they talk to the audience about things.  In this episode it was right at the start where they were discussing what day they were being moved to.  Another time they mentioned the strike.  It makes me laugh.

Regarding the politics, they are a big topic in the states right now, with it being an election year.  The thing I like about how they address the topic is they bring out some of the gaping flaws in the process, while not being disrespectful.  Alan & Shirley's screaming match over the candidates was quite amusing.

Reply 27#27 waterlilybarb's post

i'm not finding him as funny as he was before

Reply 28#28 bala's post

Different strokes for different folks.

Reply 29#29 waterlilybarb's post

What do you think would happened if he died on the show Denny not the actor?

Reply 30#30 bala's post

It wouldn't be as good.  The best part of the show for me is Denny & Alan's friendship.

good news

ok this might last season i doubt they will make it to 6?
Quote:
Boston Legal is to return for a fifth season.

ABC has completed a deal for a new run of the show to start in the autumn, following what are described as "intense negotiations" with creator David E. Kelley.

Kelley will be paid a reduced licence fee and his production company will have to secure cast contracts within the new fee.

The agreement is also thought to make a series pickup for a US version of Life on Mars more likely. ABC is said to want the show but needed the go-ahead from Kelley, who owns the rights.

Boston Legal 4x19

i knew it must been a joke but denny was smart and put joke on them

Reply 33#33 bala's post

I loved that Denny sussed it.   

That woman who wanted to be a priest is hilarious.  I wonder if they'll add her to the cast or just use her occasionally like they've been doing.  She's like some weird automaton, yet is always apologizing for getting emotional.  I fear if she ever really DID get emotional, she might injure herself.

Reply 34#34 waterlilybarb's post

She's rather funny but i was more interest legalising prositition i think that's a good idea- Jerry made excellent argument before that i was think no-way after hearing his argument i thought he has some valid points.

Reply 35#35 bala's post

It's an interesting argument, but one I highly doubt will ever go over in the States.  It's along the same lines as legalizing certain drugs.  By making it legal, the government worries it may come across as condoning it.  I don't think it's a good idea (morally), but am surprised that the government hasn't legalized it - mainly so they could tax it.

Reply 36#36 waterlilybarb's post

See with drugs it's bad for your health and damage your brain cells but prositition is service business has no bad effect assuming you go good one not one off the street

Reply 37#37 bala's post

As I said, my objection is on moral grounds.  And even "good" prostitutes can catch STDs...no matter how careful they are.

Thread