Thread
Printable Version

Brothers & Sisters Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Brothers & Sisters 3x10

It's been ages since i have done a proper review for an episode for this show and this is perfect episode to do a review, first of all i didn't know Tommy couldn't have children this must of been something i forgot in the first season maybe one regular member can remind me so Kevin is Elizabeth biological father this is going make it interesting, Justin seem disappoint which is a surprise i thought he be relieved.

The one thing i love about this show somehow by the end of the episode it's always a happy ending. The begaining was very interesting with all Walker children having other plans for thanksgiving but mind you have thanksgiving in a hospital canteen has most interesting place to have a thanksgiving dinner don't you think?.

All in all a fantastic episode mind me family really means Justin couldn't keep his mouth shut Nora in kitchen  

I had a feeling that Kevin would end up being Elizabeth's biological father. It was good how they related what Tommy was going through to what Kitty is going through too.

I think Justin was both relieved and disappointed, at the same time. Maybe this will spark him to want a family of his own with Rebecca?

Bala, yes Tommy couldn't have children due to sperm problems. So he asked both Kevin and Justin to become donors. They agreed that they wouldn't know which was the biological father, but Elizabeth's illness changed all of that.

Reply 37#37 shinny's post

was this mention in the first season? because tommy already had a kid at that time?

Reply 38#38 bala's post

Yeh, it was the first season. Tommy didn't have a child then. Elizabeth is his only child. They had twins (with the sperm donation) but one of them died: William.

Reply 39#39 shinny's post

i remember the twins but thanks for reminder

I'm a little pissed that they have passed right over the Holly getting hers.  Next weeks preview is all about Kevin going gogo over being the father and nothing about them trying to get Holly out of the business.  I can't wait till they do that .  Oh yeah and I'm so disappointed with Kevin he told Tommy in the hospital that nothing would change so what happened

Reply 36#36 bala's post

Oh Nora made me so angry though this episode!!! She is seriously so overbearing, and most of the time it's cute, but for example when she was practically begging Tommy to be the one to give the transplant -- it's almost like she wanted to "win" at being World's Best Mommy. Sometimes Nora just really takes it too far, if I were one of her kids I'd definitely take off a Thanksgiviing or two to get away from her!!

I thought it was a good choice that they picked Kevin as the biological father, this way he and Tommy can heal.  I also think Justin was mixed between relieved and disappointed...he's great with kids and I think he's seriously considering his relationship with Rebecca now.

Reply 42#42 studiojek's post

yeah she can be overbearing but that who she is-she wants fix everything but she can't

Episode 11

It's about time that Justin moved out from Nora's house!! Nora and her usual overbearing self again this episode. She was so bad this time that her just-operated-on son had to escape to a hotel just to get away from her! (though he says it was the bad dreams that made him leave...I'm not so sure!). Anyway, I do hope that Justin's moving out works smoothly. It was sort of weird not having Rebecca around this episode - I thought for sure he would end up moving in with her instead of getting his own place.

I hope Scotty and Kevin start looking into parenting soon, that'd be a nice new storyline. As for the gossip that Balthazar Getty is leaving the show, like I said before I'm not sure that he would be missed that much, at least not by me! Tommy is always so moody and cranky and never really seems to fully be part of the group. If he does leave the show, though, I predict that Kevin and Scotty will somehow end up with custody of Elizabeth. Don't know how, but this is my prediction!

Reply 44#44 studiojek's post

it been few week since i seen a new episode and it was nice watching it-i don't know what it about this show that makes it enjoyable but i felt bad for Justin having kids make fun out of you because you living with your mother is hard i feel bad because I'm in the same situation i like living with my parents but i hope one day i will able to move out.

how many boyfriends has Nora had? just when you think you know her another man pop up from her past

Roger wasn't her boyfriend. I love how Nora can make such a big deal out of things. I mean, yeah she flirted with him and it might remind her of a person she doesn't like to be reminded of, but it was 30 years ago. And with all the things that have come up about WIlliam, I don't think there's anything for her to be ashamed of. Now that Justin has moved out, I think it's time for her to get out there and have some fun haha.

"What's with all the drooling? You gotta stop that by the time you get into boys...or girls. You never know." I love Kevin. Did you guys know that Matthew Rhys is actually from the UK and has a Welsh accent? I was pretty shocked when I found out. He hides his accent so well! Anyway, Tommy and the contract? Is he kidding me? I mean yeah Kevin said that nothing would change, but that was before he donated a piece of his liver to Elizabeth...

Reply 46#46 funny-girl101's post

I did know that about Matthew Rhys and his accent and I too was blown away when I first found out!

Have you noticed that ever since the rumors of Balthazar Getty's being fired, Tommy himself has become more and more obnoxious as a character? Seriously, that contract was inane. And what's he going to do if someone lets it slip (which is a GIVEN with this family!), is he going to sue Kevin and get money from him!???

bala: it must be hard still living with your parents if you feel like you would like to leave, but I'm sure things will turn around for you soon work-wise and you'll be well on your way!

Reply 47#47 studiojek's post

Well i know but i will manage but i like living with my parents  

Well nora really can't keep jumping for different men

They should rename Ojai Foods/Walker Landing to Ojai Foods/Harper Landing. It's like it's Holly's and Rebecca's company now. And I do not like Holly very much. Rebecca's okay-ish, but Holly...I don't know, I've never really liked her.

I like Nora and Roger together.

Reply 50#50 funny-girl101's post

Well i don't know what  Tommy  is planning

Reply 51#51 bala's post

I believe he explained his plan to Saul a couple of episodes ago (well, more like Saul figured his plan out, but that's beside the point). I think he's planning something along the lines of buying more land, getting majority share of the company and replacing some old board members so that they can vote Holly out or something. And he's making the buying-more-land thing seem like it's Rebecca's idea. Saul said that it's illegal - he'll have to get false documents and signatures and whatnot.

Brothers & Sisters 3x14

An open marriage  -poor nora and kitty getting a job through a lie.

I am excited to see how they react to Ryan... when and if he ever meets them. Haha.
BTW, he is absolutely gorgeous haha.

Episodes 16 and 17 (spoilers if you've only seen part one, ep. 16)

Wow. What a great 2-hour episode, I didn't want it to end!

Firstly, I can NOT believe Robert, he certainly has some nerve doesn't he? After everything, still going and having Kevin call that press conference? Poor Kitty, now she has to raise Evan with her mom!!

Yep, well it looks like Tommy's going to jail huh!? I can't stand Holly but of course this was the way that storyline had to work out - especially with the talk of Balthazar Getty leaving the show. I just hope Rebecca and Justin work it out somehow. And their relationship might get all messed up even more from Ryan being around!!

I really loved Kevin in this episode -- I always like him, but I thought Matthew Rhys' acting was particularly good.

Thread