Thread
Printable Version

Price hike?

Price hike?

I've been using this site forever. I can't understand why the episode price went from 2 points to 3 points! It basically reduced the value of all my points by one-third. If the episode was paid for regardless of how many times you watched it, then ok. However, to watch the episode for that much more just seems too much - especially when most of these shoes and episodes can be found on dozens of sites for free!!

What is troubling me more is the new site is far worse and they're asking for more money!!

Reply 1#1 jonmark's post

It's a business would you expect a business to keep prices the same for 10 years for a product which cost are increasing every year ?. You do understand server cost involved in hosting all this content ? .

Reply 1#1 jonmark's post

Surly a price increase was inevitable as you've been using the site forever without a price increase and the fact the Amazon gift card offer gives you 50% more points it balance it's self out

I'm shocked it took this long for a price increase. With the user base expanding and the cost of server space we were lucky to have it as cheap as we did for so long
Irony. Yummy and delicious like cake.

50 Percent?

Im not against a price increase at all, but a one shot 50% price increase is too much - especially when the new functionality and layout really suck. They could adjust the point episode value and radio to be 25 or 30 percent more instead of 150 percent the original price. 

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 10-25-2016 22:20 It's a business would you expect a business to keep prices the same for 10 years for a product which cost are increasing every year ?. You do understand server cost involved in hosting all this conten ...

I'll continue to use the service at the higher price point, but there's so much misinformation being thrown around.

Server and bandwidth cost goes down over time, not up. 

It's never been cheaper to operate a site like this.

The whole "businesses need to make a profit" angle doesn't make sense either. This is not a legal business. It's not Netflix. I'm ok with that, but don't pretend it is.

After all these years a price hike was to be expected but by my calculations our $ are now worth at least 57% less and that is just a ridiculously large price hike to bring in at once.

Not only have they increased what you pay per episode but they've significantly decreased what $ can buy you.

$100 now gets you 30% less points going from 2000 to 1300.
So it used be that $100 got you a 1000 episodes at two points each and now  for the same amount you can get 433 episodes at 3 points each. A 57% drop in value.

I don't even think I'd mind paying that for the old site but sadly the new one has taken away everything that made it worth paying for the old one for me. For me the reason using the old one was preferable to going to the free sites was the simplicity of it. 
I didn't have to keep track of when all the shows I liked aired or what had a new episode coming out that week or go searching for a show to find it hadn't updated yet. I would log in and everything that had updated in the last few days to a week would be in the recently updated list with handy links to the episodes. It was worth paying because it made the whole process so much simpler but now that that's no longer the case I am kind of wondering why it's preferable to pay for this site then use any of the available free ones.

I'm hoping some improvements will be made and this will go back to at least resembling the site I used to love. If not though I don't think I'll be a continuing user once my points are gone (which as they are now worth a lot less that should be significantly quicker then it used to be).

[ Last edited by aimee321 at 11-5-2016 17:27 ]

Movie price after 1 Dec

And how will movies be priced after 1 Dec
Will there be a page listing tv episode in chronological order of posting.
There's been a change, yes. Yet many of the new features make it more convenient and customer friendly.
It offers an appreciable number of current tv series, has a vast archive of old series, and now there are movies.
Perhaps paying more for this premium service isn't a bad thing after all. Perhaps this site should be seen a bargain.
[ Last edited by belding1783 at 11-3-2016 15:33 ]

Thread