Thread
Printable Version

Points awards activity: post your suggestions and advices for new site here

Some annoying things with new layout

Just some background information: I'm using firefox on a linux desktop machine, not a mobile device. And I'm not going to buy or pirate a windows license just to use this site.

The new layout is cool and all, but there's a few things that currently makes it worse than the old layout.

The most used features on the old page for me was the latest releases part on the left of the front page as well as the "see more" page with the 100 latest episodes. Both that showed the episode number.

The equivalent functionality on the new layout simply is not good enough to replace it.

Suggestions:

1. The TV series listing on the front page and tv page needs to have the episode number visible. Currently you have the viewing rating visible which is.. well completely useless .. compared to the episode number. It seems very weird to prioritize the rating over the episode number.

2. The TV series listing on the front page is trying to be clever by stripping out words from the series title. This, for example, means that it's impossible to distinguish if "Tomorrow" means "Legend of Tomorrow" or "No Tomorrow". Display the full series title on the front page and tv page please. I'm on a desktop, screen estate is not a problem (at all).

3. I'm not really interested in watching movies on your service, yet movies are listed at the top of the front page making me having to scroll down to get to what I'm interested in (Or clicking the TV link which isn't showing the same things as the TV part of the front page for some weird reason.). How about making an option to move the latest TV series list to the top of the main page instead of at the bottom. Either via a cookie (no login required) or via user preferences (login required).

4. Please add an easy to find link to the forum

Thanks.

[ Last edited by orgin at 10-21-2016 16:35 ]

A few more things

As an end user I fail to see what benefits the new player is supposed to give me...  please explain?

1. The player has no popup mode. This is really annoying. I seldom use full screen mode on the desktop. And the inline player can't easily be resized. Add a popup mode with a resizeable player.

2. There's no information about which episode you are currently watching which means that you have to go back to your profile page to see which episode you was just watching before moving on to the next episode. Display the episode number on the player page and if you add a popup mode then display it in the window title.

3. The viewing logs are totally messed up, every time you pause a new entry is added.

Reply 1#1 lbjedward's post

Still no episode numbers in the recent shows list. Are the episode numbers some kind of secret that can't be shared? Would it break some deadly rule? Really, what's the hold up on the episode numbers?

Reply 1#1 lbjedward's post

They have time to make a christmas theme, but not to fix any of the problems....

Thread