Thread
Printable Version

Points awards activity: post your suggestions and advices for new site here

The old mobile site supported casting to a Chromecast. The new site doesn't, and it should have this feature.

Edit: Chromecast icon does come up sometimes, but it doesn't work as well as it used to. 
[ Last edited by Findel at 10-21-2016 11:04 ]

We also need a search on the viewing logs, like the old site had.

How is this new site connected to www.tvlinks.cc? They seem to be the same apart from the name.

Reply 52#52 Thespin's post

Quote:
Biggest gripe is the raise in points per episode. I can accept 3 points for a 40 minute+ episode, but it's too steep for a 20 minute sitcom.

I agree with this 100%. 3 points per episode of New Girl is too high. How about keeping the 2 points per episode for shows that are short?
[ Last edited by Findel at 10-24-2016 02:39 ]

Reply 64#64 mrtimdillenbeck's post

Quote:
To achieve your smartphone objective, you have abandoned and betrayed the far greater number of users who, quite honestly, couldn’t care less about watching TV or movies on a telephone.

Don't mistake the vocal few with the majority. Just because those who are complaining the loudest are desktop users, it doesn't mean that they are the majority. 

Logically, those who are quite happy with the site now are far less likely to come to the forums and complain. 

Myself, I am a mobile user. I watch VIPTV on my smartphone, on my desktop PC in my study, and on my Chromecast (TV) using my smartphone to cast. Most of the time it's watching on my chomecast using my phone, or actually on my phone. 

The new interface is not ugly really. No uglier than the old one. Neither were/are beautiful from a design POV. The old one was also full of UI mistakes, but you folks were used to them, so it wasn't obvious to you. 

Saying all of that, I really hope that the management improves the site some more. Latest updated episode list, the viewing log search, prioritise TV shows over movies, etc etc. (I'm happy we have movies now too, just put them underneath TV shows). 

Reply 69#69 codebreaker's post

Maintaining one site is far easier than maintaining multiple sites (1 for movies, 1 for tv shows, and 2 more for each to access on mobile). The new site works for all, it's just missing some features and implemented movies less than perfectly.

Reply 71#71 codebreaker's post

Interesting. What are the other sites?

Reply 74#74 mrtimdillenbeck's post

Okay. Do you really need to be that impolite? 

Rude. Just plain rude. 

You clearly feel very strongly about it. But there's no excuse to be like that. 

1.  I have been using it on desktop. In fact you can see from a bug report I added yesterday that I have been. http://friendvista.com/forum/vie ... id=174499#pid258829 

2.  I never said I find the white "preferable" to the black. I would prefer black actually. That's a simple thing to change. 

3.  Many many modern sites these days are designed to work on both mobile and desktop. It's using a web development technique known as "responsive design".
    So this statemment is simply incorrect: "a single platform is incapable of handling both a desktop and a mobile format".
    Examples: https://responsivedesign.is/examples 

4. I've read EVERY post in this thread so far. I've been following it since last week. And I commented because I felt that it's getting out of hand with all the hate. If you have read them all, you'll see I've been commenting all along as well; highlighting issues that need fixing etc. 

5. The old site was functional; but there were issues, yes for mobile users, also for when I used it on desktop. I would often have to increase the text size for example. I don't have to now. Looking for programs in a particular genre was not good. It's much better now. There was no way to add a certain series you like to a list of "favorites". There is now; although it's still not great. It's going to be hard for me to point out other issues now that's it's gone. But the point is; it wasn't perfect either. 

Now, you may not be interested in what I have to say, because I don't agree with you 100%. But I'm not posting my comments here just for you, but also for the others who come here. I think it's worth noting that the new site is not all bad, and the old site was not all good. There are some actual improvements, and yes, of course, there are things that I hope they fix (as I've said before).

[Edit: reformatted list]
[ Last edited by Findel at 10-27-2016 07:06 ] [ Last edited by Findel at 10-27-2016 07:19 ]

Reply 79#79 mrtimdillenbeck's post

Apology accepted. Thanks.

Movies certificate/ratings

Something I would like to see with Movies, is please include the age certificate/rating of the film. That would be really helpful when looking for something to watch with children.

Thread