Thread
Printable Version

Points awards activity: post your suggestions and advices for new site here

Quote:
Originally posted by gdi3 at 10-21-2016 19:11   1. On the previous site it was easy to do a search when looking at Viewing Logs.

These are now accessible through your user profile when you click your username in the top right. They do not seem to be downloadable like on the previous site
Irony. Yummy and delicious like cake.

I have posted somewhere else on the site that my mother is now having even more difficulty using the site. She watches through an HTPC and is having trouble reading the fine text. It would be great if you had a dark skin that had white or near white text that was bolder and maybe a point or 2 larger. She had problems with the red on black of the old site but could easily read the white on black as it had good contrast.

Ok this is constructive as I can get. The site is really nice it's just missing some needed touches.
  1. The white layout is nice but needs some minor improvements. It has too much whitespace on larger screens and the episode lists need to be broken up slightly.
  2. Movie rankings shouldn't be on the TV pages
  3. TV rankings should be limited to top 5 and should be tabbed like on the movie site but I would suggest season (3 month period) instead of year as it's more relevant. So the tabs would be Week/Month/Season.
  4. A recently updated tv shows list should be underneath the rankings list
  5. The movie pages should have a similar ranking/updated list on those pages with ranking Week/Month/Year with recently updated below.
  6. The recently updated lists should have a more page, that lists the last 50 shows updated, like on the previous site. This is a shortcut that I believe myself and most of the sites power users frequently accessed. This page was my bookmarked page for the entire time I have been using the site.

Here are a mock up of my suggestions:

Before

After

Black

[ Last edited by woothdye at 10-22-2016 04:35 ]

I just read a post by another user origin that brought up an issue (also above) that I felt should be mentioned here. He has noticed that small words for titles are being stripped in the lists on the Home page. This means that, for example 'Legends of Tomorrow' and 'No Tomorrow' are both being listed as just 'Tomorrow'. This is a usability issue and something that should be a priority to address as mobile users don't have the luxury of viewing the url tag on mouseover. This has the potential to cause major frustration with the mobile users you are trying to cater to.

This seems to have been fixed

[ Last edited by woothdye at 10-22-2016 13:59 ]

The latest updated TV shows and Movies need to be on their respective pages not just the home page. I don't know what denotes the list that is presently on the TV page but it isn't the latest updated. This latest updated list also needs to show more than the latest 20 shows. Maybe the latest 100 over 5 pages(tabs)?

[ Last edited by woothdye at 10-22-2016 04:23 ]

Favorites List needs to be two lists for movies and TV and be sortable by Recently Updated/Alphanumeric otherwise I can't really see a point to it

P.S sorry for all the posts but I keep finding things as I use the new site
[ Last edited by woothdye at 10-22-2016 04:42 ]

Reply 22#22 bala's post

Yeah a grey header and the font colors need to be slightly tweaked. the blue and the orange need more contrast with the black but that was mostly just an inverse colour of the improved white mockup I did I would ideally like a more.. link in the recently updated section like on the previous site that linked to another page

More/updated recommendations
These recommendations are coming from a webdesign perspective and critique on user experience and click conversion
  1. When you type a query into the search field and select an item from the drop down box, it should enter that query and start a search without the user having to hit enter or return.
  2. Add media query for screen over 1050 so number of points on account are visible next to user name. Allows users to prioritize their watching when they have low points.
  3. Need to improve the recently updated sections accessibility. From what I can tell this is how your loyal & long standing users access the shows they watch. Updates often go over 20, meaning 48 hours away from the site leads to frustration and multiple clicks searching or viewing TV guide sites. This translates to navigating away from your site (the last thing you want a mobile user doing).
  4. The star ratings everywhere are confusing. Only individual shows can be rated but this is not readily apparent. Also to add to that confusion this show has ratings for episodes that don't match what is shown for the season rating and then the show itself has no stars at all, making completely no sense. This is a minor problem but really needs to be streamlined in the future as ratings helps user conversion.
  5. The free icon needs to be larger on the season page, similar to it's size on the episode page. Currently it just looks like a meaningless red dot. This has been fixed.
  6. Genre should be listed in the information section on season pages. This is critical information for a viewer navigating straight from the front page looking for something new to watch to suit their mood. Especially important when hew shows are added to the site.
  7. Visited links should be a different color on the season and episode pages so the user knows what has been viewed.
  8. Episode title on episode page (where current points cost warning message is)

[ Last edited by woothdye at 10-28-2016 07:06 ]

The update time for this site is now and has been lagging way behind other sites and it's own previous update window. I understand that HTML5 files are decently larger than the old files, but when we a re talking about more than 5+ hours difference from when you used to update this is a problem. I get frustrated with having nothing to watch and resort to watching inferior recordings of shows on free sites when I would much rather watch them here. If there is any way to streamline your upload schedule and make it better you should be doing it.

Episode title suggestion. If you don't want to put a different title for each episode above the player you could alternatively put the title at the end of the breadcrumb without an anchor link

The main thing for me is the upload time for new shows. I have been watching lower quality free versions on another site because I'm impatient. It averages out that this site is losing half of what I would spend for the higher quality content, if only they were updated within the previous reasonable timeframe instead of the minimum 14 hours after airing we get now.

[ Last edited by woothdye at 11-19-2016 15:10 ]

Thread