Thread
Printable Version

Points awards activity: post your suggestions and advices for new site here

it does some times it impossible to load website during peak time it does seem a bit slow .

Reply 9#9 shinny's post

agreed on all counts and thank ALL of you for your hard work, your attention to the needs of your viewers and just being good guys/gals in general. We are all human and subject to foibles, it's not uncommon to get upset when something changes (thus my signature LOL) but having someone to listen and genuinely make the effort to help/hear/understand is what VIPTV.net has always excelled at. Thankyou
Things Change

Reply 79#79 mrtimdillenbeck's post

Apology accepted. Thanks.

Movies certificate/ratings

Something I would like to see with Movies, is please include the age certificate/rating of the film. That would be really helpful when looking for something to watch with children.

Reply 84#84 Findel's post

A good site for finding out ratings, and why movies have certain ratings is Kids-In-Mind. I don't even have kids. but find it useful myself for knowing the reason for certain ratings. Some things have a higher age rating because of mature content - ex: Schindler's List, while others might have a lot of gratuitous sex or violence. It helps me make better informed choices.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Add me to the list of people who would like to the recently updated list back and an option to watch in a pop out window.

So confused

I just came home from my vaykay, wanted to watch some shows while I was unpacking, but damn, I can´t find shait I follow 100+ shows, and with this new site I can´t even see if a new ep. is up or not Personally I don´t give a rats what show/movie ranks what...I just want to know what´s recently updated (with an Ep. number, not only season) I can understand the facelift, and I´m guessing you have a few kinks to figure out and all that, but as it is now...lets just say that I´m not a happy camper... The shows isnt even in order when you search for them by A-Z List! *my Autistic brains worst nightmare* I do hope that you´ll take to heart what ppl have been sug. in earlier posts...and PLEEEEASE go back to black...all this white is killing my eyes and brain...*ugh*...

Viewing status

Can you put the viewing status back onto the front screen, I always by a 30 day pass and it expired but my son didn't realise and he used up points that were sitting on the account. Please put this back across the top of the front screen. Can you put TV shows as the main page as the movies is a secondary service you are now providing. Lastly, can't we just go back to the old style? Pretty please!? LOL!

Suggestions

1. I would suggest the black screen. So much easier to look at 2. Please put the amount of Viewing points back on the home page so I can keep up with them faster. I recognize I can just click my name and find out that way, but when I'm Marathoning it's nice to have at the top of the page especially now that the points have increased. *Thank you for the first three episodes for free. I assume this is in place of the free shows? 3. Add a link to friendvista.com/forum on the page. That was helpful 4. Put the TV at the top and the movies at the bottom. This site is suppose to be for TV shows and while I'm glad to see the site expand and grow, it would be nice to stay true to the origins. 5. Please have the updated tv shows ie. Season and ep # on the first page. It helps when I'm a couple weeks behind. Again, thank you for the efforts and hard work you put into this website. It is greatly appreciated and will continue to make you successful at your endeavor.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 89#89 arksongbird80's post

All really good ideas! I agree on all of them!

Episode title suggestion. If you don't want to put a different title for each episode above the player you could alternatively put the title at the end of the breadcrumb without an anchor link
Irony. Yummy and delicious like cake.

Buying Points

Can there be an empty option added so that we can top up by an amount not stated on the site, I don't like that we can only purchase the amounts that ae stated, I may not have enough money to buy those amounts, or as it is at the moment I have points on there already and I just want to buy the difference in credits to get a 30 day pass. I have 105 points, but I can only buy 100, 220, 600 or 1300, in order for me to get to 330 points for the 30 day pass I am forced to buy a 220 & 100 point options which still leaves me with 95 points when I get the pass and I'll end up doing the same when I purchase another pass. Whereas before I could just put in an aomunt I wanted to pay to cover the top up amounts, am I making sense? Also why are my paylogs only showing from 2008 - 2014? I would've thought that this period whould have been deleted and the most recent would show. Someone let me know if I am missing something please?

What is it with the new video player? I play an episode and pause it (to go off to answer the phone, for example) and when I get back, maybe 20 minutes later, the player has an error message. This new player seems very unstable and the error message is "file not found". Can it be fixed, please?

I watch a lot of shows here.  There are a few things I'd like to see, if possible.  They are:

- Show the loaded shows and movies that were either updated/loaded each day.  I watch many shows, and I don't remember them all.  Seeing what was last updated would help with this.
- The cost to watch a show has increased, but the quality of the shows has decreased--that's not a value.  Give us the HD option back, please.  There are shows where the audio is really bad as well as the video quality.  A good example of this is the show Lucifer.
- As I am an avid watcher, I'd love to have a bookmark on the shows I watch.  This way I would know where I left off.  This is especially important with the mid season breaks.  I can never remember where I left off, and I don't want to download the excel spreadsheet of watched shows.  There has to be a better way.  Please give us a bookmark, or something like this.

If these things could be addressed, the experience for me would be absolutely awesome.
Definition of Insanity - repeating something, expecting a different result each time.

New Site

I am not sure when the changed happened! Frankly, I looked for your site and thought I lost you, because I did NOT recognize the new site and did not know there were upgrades being made. Also, I wasn't happy to see the points necessary for each show has increased either, but such is life.
1) absolutely wasn't recognizable. For those who don't watch ALL THE TIME - you might have a banner that says New Layout or something to that affect. But the black background was easier on the eyes. Too much white, things get lost!
2) more a TV show site, so the movies now overshadow this. With the rankings of them too.
3) when i clicked on the TV link, it would be great if there was some organization there, besides genre. Alphabetical listing as before is helpful.
4) New Shows Added is helpful!
Thank you again!

I posted in this thread once a while ago, and I know changes take time, but I don't really see either changes or much talk of changes, so I'll post again. 

I basically just don't like the new site, and I don't see a good reason to keep using it with the changes made. I have 600+ points, so I guess I'll use them eventually, but for now I just can't be bothered. There are enough other places to get entertainment. My main disagreements is charging 3 points for 20 minute sitcom types shows and lack of a recently updated shows list. Also, the much less useful viewing history. 

Just to be clear - I'm fine with the price increase in general, but not for the short sitcoms. I also think it was a great idea to only give the first 3 episodes free and make the others paid. I know there were several series over the years that I watched when they were new and free, and I would have been happy to pay for the episodes once I knew I liked the show. 

There were some other points in my original message a few weeks ago, but the ones mentioned here are the ones turning me against the site. The others suggestions mentioned in my previous post aren't really a deal-breaker. Now when I say "turning against the site" I'm not ranting or angry or anything. Just kinda disappointed and looking elsewhere.
[ Last edited by Thespin at 11-9-2016 15:12 ]

New Video Player

My main concerns all center on the new video player. I miss the old video player. 1. With the new video player, pausing often doesn't work. I used to pause it so it would load fully or because I had to go do something. Now I can't pause it. The video either disappears or just doesn't start up again. 2. The new video player loads slowly. Why is the load speed so slow compared the old one? I REALLY miss the video player from the old site. Actually, I just miss the old site...A LOT. Sigh.

Reply 97#97 pjrplay1's post

i am having problem flash player it slowing my laptop down takes up 50% of memory when before the old site only 20%.

Reply 14#14 woothdye's post

I agree with your suggestion of bringing back the more button and separating the movie/TV listings and lastly the white background returning to black. Thanks for a concise outline.
Things Change

No contact w/LBJedward since 10/28/16

Seems as though all the suggestions for site repair & improvement offered by members and moderators have just been gathering dust this past month. I and many others do still sorely miss our beloved previous viptv website. We long for the clear guidance of the 'recently updated' list with its magical 'more' button leading to the expanded 'list of 50'. Let us also sing the praises of the old 'viewer logs' pages which blessed us with the almighty "Search" tool. Lest we not forget the fond memory of show titles with season/episode # tags. Oh, my! Those were the days. Remember when you could watch a video and actually know what episode you were playing? And even choose Standard or HD playback. Dream on, dream on; all these earthly delights and more lie now behind us, just out of reach, in the past. And I guess that's where they're going to stay, because this current site experiment doesn't look like it's about to get any better anytime soon. Bit off a bit more than they could chew, I'd wager. We haven't seen improvement yet on any suggested bug fixes. Personally, Codebreaker's posted episode update lists are the only thing keeping me in touch with reality. Thank you, from all of us, for your Herculean efforts. I now am also keeping a manually updated viewing log document, since downloading the files is no longer available. All this record-keeping and separate website update checking work is taking its toil on my viewing habits. The old site had all that built-in convenience in one place. I now spend less than a third of the time now at VIPTV than I used to. It is simply a far less pleasant experience since the "upgrade". Inconvenient, incomplete, frustrating to navigate (many shows missing from the A to Z index), and just plain clunky. And that ultimately saddens me. I joined in September, 2007, and have been a loyal family member ever since. Now it's like an affair grown cold. Just a bright white, sparsely populated screen screaming at me from the darkness. Frankly, it's all I can do to keep from screaming back. Like Mick Jagger once said, “I want it paint-ed black.”

Thread