Thread
Printable Version

Points awards activity: post your suggestions and advices for new site here

How is this new site connected to www.tvlinks.cc? They seem to be the same apart from the name.

Nice mock up

All i would suggest change blue title bar to grey.

I think it would be better if we could have link to list of last 50 Episode updated on separate page instead it being on side that way

Reply 21#21 Findel's post

I think that's four sites including VIP that have the same daily updates and new showed added in exactly the same order has got to be more than a coincidence

Reply 23#23 codebreaker's post

I like showbox style of how they present updated tv shows and Movies

Reply 24#24 bala's post

The notification when one of your shows has been updated is a nice touch and the fact each link changes colour once watched saves the need for a viewing log

Reply 21#21 Findel's post

Things that make you go hmmmmm?

Does not work properly now when watching on my smart tv internet. Quarter screen lines appear and random icons. Also slow to load, even non HD with a 150-200 download speed. Not good.

Reply 25#25 codebreaker's post

We need to create movie list so that members know what movies are avaliable on this site I would suggest separate movies based on year there were relased would be better to cataloged them instead just by catorgy movie type.

Reply 28#28 bala's post

The only other site that looks like is linked to VIP that has a forum and also has a movie discussion thread but sadly no one has posted in it for over a year which would be tragic if this went that was as this is better than any episode log especially if you have missed a season or two

Reply 29#29 codebreaker's post

I havn't been on that site for few years once i ran out MGS . unlike this place no way earning points on that site .

Reply 9#9 shinny's post

"3) On the TV tab itself it should list the TV shows that have just aired in a similar panel/box as the "TV Ranking". Personally, I think the "latest shows updated" is more important than the ranking, for TV shows. " I agree there's no need for the TV Ranking.

Error report does not work

I just tried to report failure to play, but the new report an issue does not work. It would not send. This definitely needs fixing!

Free TV Show List

There is a link to list showing free Movies but there is no link to a list or page that shows free TV Series. Can this be added in please?

Reply 30#30 bala's post

I think your talking about the movie site using MGS but the site I'm talking about is both and charges 3 points along with the first 3 episodes of every season being free, funny just like VIP now

Reply 33#33 gdi3's post

The first 3 episode of latest season is free only. They got rid of free section replace it with this.

If you click your name you find viewing logs on the left hand side.

[ Last edited by gabsimom at 10-21-2016 14:09 ]

Reply 22#22 bala's post

Yeah a grey header and the font colors need to be slightly tweaked. the blue and the orange need more contrast with the black but that was mostly just an inverse colour of the improved white mockup I did I would ideally like a more.. link in the recently updated section like on the previous site that linked to another page
Irony. Yummy and delicious like cake.

A Rant On The New Site Design

Disclaimer: The following is an emotional rant, written upon first discovering the new 'bare-bones' interface, so simple as to border on dysfunctional. My ravings are to be in no way construed as breaking up my love affair with VIPTV. I've been loyal since 2007 and will ever remain so. It's a fleeting moment, a lover's spat. Humor me, please. So, without further delay, I give you my rant:

This is an upgrade? The site is now nearly unusable, with no access to forums or "list of 50" most recent shows. Without such a list, without numerical season/episode tags, I now have no way to keep up with all the new shows just put up on the site, or even know which are new series. Unless I check daily, I will have lost the multiple-days continuity that 'last 50' list gave me. If an entire season is released all at once, as Netflix now does, I'll likely miss the notice and not discover it unless I navigate these incomprehensible menu structures looking for names I don't even  know exist. The season/episode tags (i.e. 01x01) were the only way to identify new series, and the  50-list consolidated 3-5 days schedule in one place.
   Damn, I wish you had given us the courtesy of warning us of these changes before throwing us into such confusion without even a user orientation guide. I can't believe a site would introduce such a monstrous, disorienting trashing of their pages without prior notice. I can only pray that our user accounts are still logging episodes to our viewing lists. 
   The content may still be here, somewhere, but your interface stinks, and is beyond navigating. And to do it in the middle of the networks' new show roll out schedule is damn poor timing. Why did you abandon a perfectly functional interface for this crap. And, by-the-way, a white background fairly screams at your eyes. White on black has much more class, and suits a theatre-like experience.These pages have lost all your former polish & class and now look and feel amateurish. Is this a school project, a beginner's first try? Because aesthetically and functionally it certainly looks like it. I don't know who talked you into this. Or did the site change owners?
   I am completely disoriented, and I'm likely not the only one. How can I recommend VIPTV to friends if they can't navigate the interface, and there is no user guide to explain it. No user guide!
   Your 10 year anniversary is a bust. Explain yourself, please, or roll this unattractive mess back before you lose your audience. You've already lost your convenience. This is not an "improvement".
   Oh, and a 300 character limit on messages is yet another insult.
   If catering to mobile platforms is your goal, then all of us who prefer big screens are s--t outta luck, I guess. Your previous, beloved UI was sleek, functional, intuitive, refined, beautiful and professional. For the laptop or desktop user, that mobile app look you now have sucks on the big screen.
   ONE MORE, IMPORTANT, THING: The timeline/toolbar at the bottom of the screen has lost its 'auto-hide' function in full screen mode. It tries to auto-hide, but pops back up immediately, so it basically flashes on and off...on and off...on and off. Needless to say, this is a real buzzkill having to watch a show or movie with that always visible on screen, cycling on & off And no, my cursor is not hovering over the timeline/toolbar (which would normally suspend the auto-hide function).

Waiting for an explanation, yet still a fan,
                                                                     Tim Dillenbeck

P.S. Have all my MoviesOnline  MG$ been lost, or can they be transferred to my VIPTV account? If so, what's the procedure to convert?

Samsung Smart TV not working

Hi-
Viptv.net is not working with my Samsung Smart tv.  It works fine on my chromebook.  When I click on to start a show the cursor freezes and the screen goes black and takes me back to regular tv.  Any advice will be greatly appreciated!  

Intial Feedback

It's a bit early to give feedback since it only been a day as with anything it takes time to see problems.

Good Streaming works fine

Bad
No pop up player - i liked this features because it means i can close other website pages just have player
Site isn't organised effectively it's all over the place - TV shows should be at the top and movies should be at bottom Background color should be darker Remove the Comment section on each page - We survived 10 years without comment section on the website [ Last edited by bala at 10-22-2016 07:12 ]

Thread