60 123
Thread
Printable Version

VIPTV Site not loading

VIPTV Site not loading

Anyone else having a problem with the VIPTV site not loading and getting a connection timed-out message? I can get on to the sister movie site and any other internet site but the VIPTV site appears to be a problem.

Reply 1#1 gdi3's post

I just tried The Path 1x10 and that loaded OK

Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

Thank you for checking. I still can't get the main site to load so it seems it's at my end.

Reply 3#3 gdi3's post

Have you tried rebooting your router as a first step

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

Yes, just now. Still not working. Have no idea why as all was well a few hours ago. Thanks anyway.

I'm in Aus with Bigpond/Telstra as a ISP and I'm having to use my VPN to get access as of 1am today. This is the same for others in my area that I have set the service up for as well. I currently believe Telstra is blocking the traffic. It might not be Telsra and it could also be that routing my internet traffic differently though a proxy fixed the problem.
[ Last edited by woothdye at 5-28-2016 18:09 ]
Irony. Yummy and delicious like cake.

Reply 6#6 woothdye's post

On further testing with my VPN if I set it to Sydney it loads but really slow but if I set it to Cal, US it loads relatively fast so it may be a routing problem
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +5 Thanks for helping gdi3! 5-28-2016 03:11
Irony. Yummy and delicious like cake.

Thanks. I'm in Melb and with Telstra. Still can't get onto the VIP site.

Reply 8#8 gdi3's post

Can you try using a VPN or tethering the 3G on your phone (or is that with Telstra also)? My brother is in Melbourne (well, just outside) and he complains a lot about Telstra!!

Looks like they've had a lot of issues registered in the last 12 hours: http://aussieoutages.com/status/telstra

Thanks, Shinny. I've changed my VPn but still no luck/

Reply 10#10 gdi3's post

That's frustrating alright. Hopefully Telstra resolve the issue soon!

Spent an hour of the phone to Telstra. It appears that Telstra is blocking the site, probably not on purpose by the sounds of it. So anyone with Telstra cannot access the site in Australia I'm told. Seems it's now up to the VIPTV.net team to maybe contact Telstra and advise them of what's going on.

Day two without VIPTV and there is no better site to go to while I wait!!!!

Reply 12#12 gdi3's post

Have you tried using a proxy in a different country? I see woothdye mentioned it earlier, but don't see if you tried it or not.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Not sure that I've done it correctly but have input two addresses as per instructions here:  http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/how-to/setup-opendns-in-windows-7.html

Is that what is meant by a proxy server?

Reply 14#14 gdi3's post

I don't think so. I've not used one for actual viewing, but use them sometimes when the forum has gone down to check if it's only down in my location (which is sometimes the case). I was trying to find one to send you the link, but I have a wicked migraine, and cannot for the life of me think clearly enough to find one that allows you to sign into your account. Maybe you could send a PM to woothdye asking which proxy he uses?

If someone else could help, that would be great. If you don't want to post the link publicly, please feel free to send a message via PM to me.

Sorry I'm not too helpful tonight. Was just checking in to make sure we weren't getting spammed again before heading to bed for the night.

Thank you, Barb, appreciate the assist.

Hope your migraine goes away quickly! Take care,

Reply 16#16 gdi3's post

You're welcome, and thanks. I'm hoping it will be gone when I wake up tomorrow. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Reply 16#16 gdi3's post

I've just PM'd you an article I found with a few options to try. Let us know how you get on.

Reply 18#18 shinny's post

Thanks, Shinny. I've asked a couple of people here in Melbourne (they're in different areas to me) to try the site and they can't connect to it either. [ Last edited by gdi3 at 5-29-2016 00:07 ]

Reply 19#19 gdi3's post

I wouldn't give up on Telstra though. Maybe ask to speak to a higher level tech person and insist on them explaining why they are blocking it, inadvertently or not!! That's very bizarre.

60 123
Thread