Thread
Printable Version

ERROR REPORTING: Fix the Bugs

Have you cleared your cache and then tried again?

CSI Miami S06E20

Freezes at end and only plays audio
Irony. Yummy and delicious like cake.

Mods

We need this topic locks since the errors on this topic were related to old site New topic need to be created for this new site even through it has it's own reporting error tool .

THIS POST APPLIES TO THE NEW SITE (10/22/16)

The timeline/toolbar at the bottom of the screen has lost its 'auto-hide' function in full screen mode. It tries to auto-hide, but pops back up immediately, so it flashes on and off...on and off...on and off, at a 2 second cycle rate.  Needless to say, this is a real buzzkill having to watch a show or movie with that toolbar always visible on screen, cycling on & off And no, my cursor is not hovering over the timeline/toolbar (which would normally suspend the auto-hide function). Once again, this problem occurs only in 'full-screen' mode.
   Also, the video/audio sync is off slightly on many various titles. I'll try to log specific titles/episodes for a future post.
   Will there be a new, separate thread for the new site's problems?
[ Last edited by mrtimdillenbeck at 10-22-2016 19:16 ]

Reply 264#264 mrtimdillenbeck's post

To address your concern...please let us know what device you were using when having this issue. Also does this issue persist on everything you watch to rule out that it was a one off.. What browser are you using? As much information as possible would help to find the problem and fix it. For example I just watch a movie using firefox as my browser and had no issues. Thanks.
A Fine Member of the Mod  Squad!

Reply 265#265 dognxtdoor's post

I'm watching on a Dell XPS420 desktop computer with a 24" Asus monitor and video card. My browser is Chrome and my system is Windows 10. All updates to both are current. The toolbar autohide problem began with the changeover to the new site. It occurs only while in 'full-screen' view, and with all movies and all TV episodes. I will begin keeping a log of the program material exhibiting audio/video sync issues- tho I can tell you right now that I remember it happening with the last GOTHAM episode I watched, and I think that was before the new site design. I'll need a few days to gather info for the new site design's A/V sync performance. Thank you, Dan, for addressing these issues. It is much appreciated.

Reply 266#266 mrtimdillenbeck's post

Have you tried other browser on your desktop i use firefox.?

movies

I thought all movies are meant to be free until dec 1st? i just paid 5 points to watch star trek beyond. that must be a bug?

Reply 268#268 Findel's post

All 3 movies that were added today cost points

Reply 267#267 bala's post

So simple, so effective. I just tried the MS Edge browser (ugh) and all is well- no more autohide problems. I haven't tried Firefox yet, as I uninstalled it a year ago because it was such a memory hog. So it seems Chrome is the culprit. Thank you, bala and dognxtdoor, for your kind attention to my issue.

New site problems

Hi guys I've had a number of issues with the new site. I have the same problem with the timeline staying at the bottom of my screen. Also a thin black line divides the screen into four during the whole show. It has happened on a number of different shows (but not on a film I watched). Lastly on some shows the box with "TV shows-ranking" stays on the bottom right of the page- which is beyond annoying (but it doesn't happen on all shows)! I am watching on my LG smart TV - so please don't tell me to change browser because I just press the internet button and it logs in - I don't choose what browser to use (unless there is some way of changing it -is there?). Hope someone can help because I love VIP but couldn't keep watching if this is going to be forever! Thank you.

I was going through the table to find any fixed issues so far, and I just wanted to fix Baby Daddy's listing. It accidentally got lumped in with Castle. Baby Daddy should have its own row with the problem being that S4 E06 and S4 E07 (on the HD server only) are episodes of Melissa and Joey instead.

Page navigation broken on mobile/small screen

The page navigation to move through lists is broken in lower resolutions (mobiles). 

Here is how it looks in larger: http://imgur.com/a/dQ4z6 

You can see you can choose some page numbers, the "next" icon, and the "last" icon.

Here it is on mobile: http://imgur.com/a/C1kTZ 

You can see you can only choose the "last" icon other than the current page. 

This means that you can effectively see only the first and last page of a list on mobiles, stopping you from finding everything else!

Broken links

Some pages link to "http://viptv.net/movie.htm" from the crumbtrail navigation. But this is not the correct URL. It should be: "http://viptv.net/movie.html" with the "l" on the end.

luke cage

episode 11 sound is very tinny

New Site

Hi, Couple of questions about the new site.
- it used to be possible to 'search' the viewing logs without having to click through each screen to see which episode you last watched. Is this feature going to be added?
- Also, any time I pause a video and then press play again, it logs it as another viewing which means several duplicates are made in the viewing logs which makes clicking through take much longer than it should. Why is it doing this?
thanks

When Calls the Heart Season 3

Hello Episode 9 of this season is missing. It was aired April 10th. Can it please be loaded onto VIP site? Thank you

Thank you, codebreaker.

Reply 261#261 gabsimom's post

Thanks! I will give that a try.

HAZAH!!!  it totally worked.  THANKS! 
[ Last edited by arksongbird80 at 11-1-2016 06:16 ]
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Thread