Thread
Printable Version

cannot buy points

cannot buy points

the website is hopeless and when I try to buy points nothing happens except "failed" and the "contact" button does nothing. Is there any guide as to how you do this?

Reply 1#1 Notned116's post

Hi please see post 1 in this thread: SUPER Big Special Offer

Reply 2#2 shinny's post

I dont understand this at all. I am pressing the button to say I want to buy $20 worth but nothing happens except "failed" and there is no contact button that works. It's as if I am in a strange desert with no system of communication. I have only just joined and this seems crazy, I cannot see how it can work and there are no guides or instructions about this on the VIPtv website. What am I supposed to do - please someone human help me...

Hi, you are using the pay function from the friendvista homepage which was the original method. I just checked it and it doesn't appear to be working for me either (I will raise with admin). However, the link I gave you above is a better method. You get more bang for your buck so to speak.

Did you read it? Basically if you use option which is via Paypal (just make sure you put your username in the message box so they can identify your account) you get 20% extra on your points.

If you use the second option which is to buy an Amazon gift card and follow the steps outlined (just make sure you give the following: Your Name: your username on VIPTV.NET and Recipient E-mail: lbjedward@gmail.com) you will get 50% extra points.

Just to mention the standard payment option appears to be working again. I closed out of it completely and went back in. This time the page loaded.

Goodness this is difficult. I just tried the standard way - it takes me to a page where I select how many points I want - then to a page with a "payment"  button but when I click on it it just goes to a page with nothing or "failed' (with a list of all my other failed attempts) I have tried that seven or eight times and it just will not go thru to a page where I can fill in credit card details or anything like it.

The other way you suggest is really hard to understand - I have a paypal account but I am not sure I have ever used it so I cannot follow what you are suggesting really and the Amazon one seems that its asking me to send someone an Amazon gift card and I cannot understand how to do that or what it even means. One suggestion is me sending money to someone called Juanjanchen78 and the other to someone called lbjedward who are different people.  I am an old guy and I find a lot of this stuff tricky!  lease forgive me - but if you can explain in a way that a 60 year old moron can understand I would be really grateful!

Reply 6#6 Notned116's post

Both payment methods go to the site administrator. He just used different email addresses for each offer, probably to keep track of them, since the bonus on each is different. Both Paypal and Amazon are very easy to use.

For Paypal, select "send money to a friend", then "pay for goods or services". Enter the email address juanjuanchen78@outlook.com, and the amount you want to send, then click on "next", add your site username in the box where it says "add a note", then send. That's all there is to it.

For Amazon, the Special Offer has a direct link to the gift card page. If you already have an amazon.com account, just sign in. If not, you can open one. Once you do, click on the link in the special offer, then choose the amount for the gift card (as outlined in the special offer), to make your purchase. Make sure to include your site username and the email address lbjedward@gmail.com.

I hope those instructions are straight forward enough to understand. I know certain things can seem intimidating when one hasn't done them before, but I'm sure you'll find either method quite simple once you try.
[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 12-19-2014 14:57 ]
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

cannot buy points

thanks sinead - I think I'll pass on this. I cannot keep track of all the things i have to do unless I print off your instructions and I feel really weird sending money to email addresses that I don't know and do not seem to have any connection at all to the VIPtv organisation to whom I wish to send money to acquire "points" Frankly it just looks as if I am sending money to a random individual and there is no way of knowing what I am buying. Plus the individual then has reverse access to whatever payment system I am using and can presumably use that to clean it out of all funds. Why dont VIPtv have their own system or even a point of contact? It's a shame really as I would like to join this and access the material. A friend of mine has done it but she is currently out of the country so I cannot find out how she "bought" the points. Thank you for trying to explain it though.

Reply 8#8 Notned116's post

It's fine if you choose not to use the offers. To be clear, NO one has reverse access to any of the payment systems, and canNOT clean out anyone's funds. ~ Barb
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

I still want to use this

why on earth is it impossible to buy F$ on the site itself - it's crazy! I appreciate what you are saying but none of the addresses are "Friend Vista" or "VIPtv" so I have no way of knowing that I am paying money to anyone involved in those organisations - I must just as well be sending money to someone random for nothing! This site is really unprofessional.

Reply 10#10 Notned116's post

I understand your apprehensions and misgivings about the payment system since it can be intimidating and confusing to any new user. As you stated above you are still interested in using the site. So, I suggest that you wait until your friend who's out of the country to get back in or contact her if you can and she can probably set your mind at ease since neither of the Super Mods were able to.

You're money is only going to the Administrators of the site whose based in China, and those funds are used for upgrades and to maintain the site. All the moderators are volunteers on the site and do not receive any form of payment for their time.

Refer to this 2nd thread opened by poster: http://www.friendvista.com/forum ... 7812&extra=page%3D1

Thread