52 123
Thread
Printable Version

Fresh Off the Boat Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Fresh Off the Boat Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Fresh Off the Boat Premieres on ABC on February 04, 2015

Fresh Off The Boat is based on Eddie Huang’s memoir, it is set in the 1990s and revolves around a Chinese family that moves to suburban Orlando. (Huang’s real-life family is Taiwanese.) It centers on hip-hop-loving Eddie, raised by an immigrant father who is obsessed with all things American and an immigrant mother who is often bewildered by white culture. With his father owning and operating an All-American Steakhouse chain, this loving family of FOB (“fresh off the boat”) Taiwanese Americans try to live the American dream while still maintaining their cultural identity and sense of family.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Fresh Off the Boat Here

I would like to watch this it looks interesting but I can't find it online any where.   I doubt it will do well if it doesn't have easy access..
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

1x01 Pilot

Jessica joining the roller skating mothers was surprising and Eddie being ostracised because of his foods smell was cruel but the restaurant not doing well was understandable if that's the type of adverts they are making

1x02 Home Sweet Home-School

Eddie getting punished for getting straight A's was amusing but his father wanting Jessica to teach him at home to get her out of the restaurant was understandable

This has now been added to the VIP site

Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

Yeah but the mother is my favourite character and why does this show remind me so much of Everybody Hate Chris?

Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

I was half expecting it to be a mix-up between the kids with grades with next door neighbourhood

1x03 The Shunning

Jessica making friends with her next door neighbour wife who everyone in neighbourhood hates was interesting but i liked she stick up for her when she kept eating her food while everyone else advoid it. Eddie having crush on her was so predictable until he fall for her step daughter.

1x04 Success Perm

Having the extended family visit them and try show how successful they are certainly backfired since both families were in debt and were trying to pretend they both were successful but kids accidental getting repo while sleeping in the car was amusing

Reply 14#14 bala's post

I think this show is great.  I love all the stereotypical humor
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

52 123
Thread