Thread
Printable Version

Our Girl Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

1x05 Episode 5

Molly's family turning up to meet her was a nice surprise and you would of thought the Captain's family should of been there first, Smurf turning up with the red dress was sweet but what happened on the football pitch was tragic and getting to see Bashira was a nice ending

Reply 22#22 codebreaker's post

What a way ruin an happy ending

Reply 24#24 codebreaker's post

Took 2 years for another season if this was USA this would be cancelled

Georgie & Elvis

Amusing first glimpse with Elvis putting a message in a bottle asking if Georgie would marry him but replying on the back and throwing it back in without him knowing what she wrote was priceless

2x01 Episode 1

On first impressions Georgie seems a good replacement for Molly and having Elvis sneaking in the night before the wedding was amusing but tragic he failed to turn up for the wedding, going on a humanitarian tour to Kenya a couple of years later is bound to make her think of what might of been with Elvis and what a cliffhanger being taken hostage

Reply 28#28 codebreaker's post

Yes she does seem like a good replacement but i think the time between the first season and second season help with the adjustment . It's a good thing i watched Georgie & Elvis clip before watching this as it explain background but it was rather pointless since he left her so what's point of do that clip unless he will be apart of the rescue mission in Kenya.

It was a good start to the season

Episode #2.2

Yes i knew Elvis would be involved in rescue mission

2x02 Episode 2

Georgie keep asking if she was over the boarder was pushing her luck and Elvis not knowing before hand who he was rescuing was surprising but what a shame they couldn't save Kicki with them being so close

Reply 32#32 codebreaker's post

I did feel he was a bit cocky with the rescue

2x03 Episode 3

So we find out why Elvis left her at the alter and i have to say that was good reason,  he did the right thing no matter what the consequences were he had a responsibility and he didn't want drag Georgie through it which was very considerate but she still hasn't told her current Guy about Elvis but it look he will find out in next episode .

Reply 35#35 bala's post

I know that air strike looked good but not checking afterwards was surprising and Elvis risking his own life on the beach to save the others was reckless but his reason for not getting married wasn't what I expected

2x04 Episode 4

With Jason coming to the UK the target was obviously British but could he be after Georgie and if they had checked after the air strike they might of know he wasn't there, you would of expected security to chase Georgie when she ran out wearing the wedding, you cant blame Jamie for confronting Elvis and I cant believe they got the wrong bus allowing him to escape again

2x05 Episode 5

Trying to throw herself into the last-minute wedding plans with Jamie was understandable after her recent kidnapping but Elvis putting himself in harms way to save her was bound to upset the wedding, glad the stopped the bomber

Thread