41 123
Thread
Printable Version

Our Girl Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Our Girl Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Our Girl Premiered on BBC One on March 24, 2013

Our Girl is the story of Molly Dawes who takes her destiny into her own hands and joins the British Army as a medic.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Our Girl Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 9-28-2014 18:19 ]

Episode 1

Molly was really fresh out of her training when she went to Afghanistan but she had lot to prove but she very lucky in the mine field that what i call a close call. by the end she made a good impression which is great.

Reply 3#3 bala's post

Have you watched the film / pilot from last year

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

I didn't know about that until i saw your post

Decided to just watch 10 minutes recap instead

[ Last edited by bala at 9-28-2014 19:27 ]

Episode 2

Molly getting intel from her friend unintentionally leading to them prepare for ambush was great but she was worried about consequence to her which was great and you really could see worry on her face but suicide bomb was one hell payback form her father   . I just glad she got away now

Our Girl (2013)

It was obvious Molly's present of her dad was from her mom but what a house full and what a scum bag her father was going to her work expecting her to give him money out the cash box and then catching her boyfriend making out in the toilet which was the icing on the cake, Molly's attitude and mouth to her instructor was amusing but being asked to write a letter to your parents in case you die was a wake up call as it's like a letter from the grave and not going home after her father was injured was understandable as it was all a scam to get extra benefit

Reply 5#5 bala's post

The 10 minutes recap was good but not a patch on the film

1x01 Episode 1

Molly having one night to say goodbye to her family was nice but what a scum bag her father was by not saying goodbye and all because she would go along with his ludicrous scam idea, Molly freezing at her first casualty was understandable as he was in a bad way and Smurf saving Molly ass was nice the way the other guys are around her because of him was sad but being able to save Smurf was great

Smurf returns to the Forward Operating Base - Our Girl: Episode 2 Preview

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 10-2-2014 07:52 ]

1x02 Episode 2

It was hard to tell at first if Bashira was actually a friend or enemy but letting some information slip to Molly about the insurgency was lucky and if it's wasn't for Molly I think Bashira would of died as a result of that bomb vest

Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

It's nice to actually go backwards watching the movie after seeing first 2 episode because you can see how Molly has changed and it was eye opener the training they put her through and you did feel bad seeing her fail but knowing she would make it was great .

Her dad was a bit of scum bag but at least she explained what happened to him but seeing the footage on funeral on another girl who got killed was sad.

I agree her letter was heartfelt

Episode 3

Molly having a week off return home was nice but after what happen she couldn't stop thinking about dead people she saw and it really affected her. This was more emotional episode and she is playing with fire having feelings for her LT. Even. How bad must she feel at end that person she didn't like actually protect her when he was threaten to kill her .

This has now been added to the VIP site

Episode 4

Molly love triangle is getting dangerous and smurf losing it in middle of a mission was very risky causing both men to get injured .

1x03 Episode 3

I liked the music playing while they did their version of the Olympics and was a perfect fit for Molly and not wanting to go home was understandable considering the way her father was when she left but insisting she goes just to get his coffee was amusing

Episode 5

This was emotional season finale she just couldn't get peace until she knew that little girl was safe and she managed to confirm it.

1x04 Episode 4

What a shame Molly thinking she had saved Bashira when it looks like she has put her life in more danger with her interference and Smurf declare his love for Molly while hiding was bad timing but the thunder scaring them was amusing and you just knew Smurf would do something stupid

41 123
Thread