Thread
Printable Version

Doctor Who Season 8 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Has anyone noticed the audio is sorely out of synch with the video on The Caretaker (8x06)?

Reply 21#21 loribod's post

I just checked, and the audio is completely in sync with the video, unless it go out at some specific point in the program.  See post #1 in our Error Reporting thread for some guidelines on what information to provide when reporting an error.  Also, if you report any errors you find in that thread, they are much more likely to be noticed, since the moderators don't necessarily check every single new post in all the threads.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

8x06 The Caretaker

You can understand why Clara was distracted when the Doctor went undercover at her School but Danny and the Doctor not seeing eye to eye was amusing

8x07 Kill the Moon

Finding themselves on a space shuttle about to take part in a suicide mission on the moon was interesting as they took a school girl with them and leaving Clara to make the decision whether to kill the moon or not was surprising

Reply 24#24 codebreaker's post

She was very angry at the end i wonder how she will forgive him since she said she doesn't want to him again ?

Mummy on the Orient Express

I felt this was disappointing episode because all those victims had say i surrender than they wouldn't be killed and i can't believe she decided to stay with him after her frustration in previous episode

Reply 26#26 bala's post

I liked that this episode was more like ones we're used to.  I'm getting used to the new Doctor, but Clara's change of heart seemed to come too easily after the way she acted in the previous episode.  I think she does enjoy the adventures and the travel, but she seems oblivious to the fact that the Doctor has always been a bit reckless.  The new Doctor is kind of grumpier, so it's like she's putting any negative characteristics down to his new regeneration, when those are the things that haven't changed.

8x08 Mummy on the Orient Express

The victims only having 60 seconds to live after seeing the mummy would be frightening and I know the Orient Express is a classic but I would of preferred with it being in space it should of been a more futuristic event so the period costume was out of place and cell phone reception was pushing it

8x09 Flatline

I know they have always said it's smaller on the outside but that's taking it to far and Danny timing for his phone calls is amusing

Reply 29#29 codebreaker's post

Clara did a fantastic job rescuing the doctor when Tardis run out of power that was smart thinking

8x10 In the Forest of the Night

Waking up to find whole of the Earth is covering with trees was interesting and realise it was save the Earth was great revelation. Still have no clue who that women is and they keep dragging that along for 10 episode my patience is getting annoying. .

Reply 31#31 bala's post

Maebh asking the Doctor for help was amusing but wondering off again could of been worse with the wild animals on the loose and the tree's being there to protect the earth from a solar flare was a nice idea

Reply 32#32 codebreaker's post

Maebh was interesting young character normally kids are awful actors but she was rather good and very adorable in her role. She really look like she was having fun without trying to hard she certainly has future in acting if she decides to persue it.

Pink finding out Clara was lying was sad as it does look like end of their relationship .

8x11 Dark Water

I am so glad we finally found out who she was .

That was a surprise but danny getting killed as she declared her feeling for him was sad and than thinking of blackmailing doctor into saving him but turning the dream patch on her was quick thinking and than telling her he will still help her was great but you knew something bad will happen and the fact that they somehow found Danny was great .

Reply 34#34 bala's post

Danny getting run over was sad and the fact Clara had just told him she loved him made it a a double tragedy but you would of expected her to hear something considering the phone call was still going, trying to blackmail the doctor into bringing him back was understandable

Reply 34#34 bala's post

Missy being the Master was one of the things I had considered, but when she initially said she was an android, and the letters spelled Missy, it threw me off.  

I was actually surprised that Clara didn't just ask the Doctor for help rather than try and blackmail him.  I think I'll be ready for a new companion because she doesn't seem to gel with the new Doctor very well.  It's like she's forgotten that he's still the same man.  Yes, he has some different personality quirks, and he looks different, but the core of him is the same.  

I'm hoping they save Danny, and that Clara decides to stop travelling with the Doctor.  I'd hate it if Danny was really dead.  That would just be a downer.  Plus, since we've seen one of his progeny in the future, his dying would change the timeline, so I'm thinking that wherever the Master is, is some alternate timeline or something like that.  

Did anyone else notice that when they went outside, it looked like they were outside of Westminster Abbey, but the clock was on the opposite side that it should have been?  That's one of the reasons I think it's a different timeline.  I've not had a chance to check out any other sites that I usually do for things others picked up, so I'm curious if others had the same thought.

edit: From the season finale, I see it was St. Paul's Cathedral, not Westminster Abbey.  Not sure why I was mixing them up.

[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 11-8-2014 22:33 ]

8x12 Death in Heaven

I needed some time to process this episode because it was most ridclous situation i have seen in a tv series that saying a lot from a person who has seen over 20 years worth of tv shows.

So let me just understand this the master decided to give the doctor an army of cybermen for him to control, as her master plan to defeat the doctor in the hopes he will become some sort evil mastermind .I don't know what to say because it was rather a stupid plan as it didn't work.

Don't get me wrong even through this sounds stupid it was very long term plan which would of worked in time but danny being able to have free will helped. .

Reply 37#37 bala's post

Clara trying to convince the Cybermen that she's the Doctor was interesting and having a woman doctor would make a change but giving Danny control of the Cybermen was sneaky

8x13 Special: Last Christmas

You would think Santa Claus had been drinking to crash landing on Clara's roof but the fact it was all a vivid dream was a interesting explanation

8x13 Special: Last Christmas

Where can we view this season's Christmas Special?  Thanks!

Thread