43 123
Thread
Printable Version

Doctor Who Season 8 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Doctor Who Season 8 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About Season 8 Here

Click Here For The Doctor Who About & Episode Guides

Click Here To Watch Doctor Who on VIPTV.net

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-2-2015 21:10 ]

8x01 Deep Breath

This was a surprisingly early leak by the BBC for screening purposes only episode and not sure if it's supposed to be black and white but for the era it was OK, the Dinosaur swallowing the TARDIS while time travelling was bad timing and the innocent question about holding your breath so important was great

Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

I waited for proper version and it was a good opening episode and rather good episode but also a strange episode as well because it does seem like doctor was rather confused at himself and saving the day was amusing. So much for it being over it found paradise and that suppose to heaven

Reply 3#3 bala's post

I never checked out the leak either.  

I enjoyed the episode, and quite liked the new Doctor.  Looking forward to more of him, and am curious if he'll remember where he's seen his new face before.  I'm also really curious about who that woman is that met the cyborg in "heaven". LOL!
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

8x02 Into the Dalek

Finding a good Dalek was rare but Clara being the only one to make doctor realise it wasn't a waste of time because we learnt something new . Do we really need another companion fall in love with a guy who seem to be suffer PTSD to a minor degree. If he join in in future episodes it should be interesting.

Reply 5#5 bala's post

I am very happy he's older and it's not about the companion thinking he's "adorable."  I like the new dynamic.  I did not like the dyalek storyline.  Mostly, I didn't like the antibodies part.  It seemed  a bit far fetched after previous dyalek storylines.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

The Ultimate Companion

BBC America paying tribute to the companions rather than the doctors made a nice change as they play an important part in their own right especially since 2005, John Barrowman making Peter Davison wait for an interview during the conference was amusing

Reply 5#5 bala's post

Asking the Doctor to help treat a Dalek was ironic but with it wanting to destroy the other Dalek you can understand why he changed his mind and you just knew fixing it would turn out bad once repaired

The Robots of Sherwood

Clara wanting to meet Robin hood was interesting but doctor refusing to believe he was robin hood was amusing

Reply 9#9 bala's post

I agree.  That was amusing.  While I really like Peter Capaldi in the role, I'm still in adjustment mode with the new Doctor, I am enjoying the bit of surliness in his nature. lol  I am very curious about the running theme re: the Promised Land and wonder what it really is.   

Also, the promo for next week looks like one that will have me creeped out for days.   I was most definitely a child who was afraid of something being under the bed at night, and any time I had to get up, I'd either try to leap from my bed to the door, or I'd climb on the other bedroom furniture so as not to touch the floor until I was as close to the door as possible.  I know it's silly, but children's fears are frequently irrational.

8x03 Robot of Sherwood

Robin and the Doctor both ending up in the water was amusing and the three of them shooting the golden arrow was nice team work

8x04 Listen

How many times has Clara  messed around in time and trying figure out what point of this episode was because it really left puzzled for filler episode no enemy to fight just shadow of your imagination?.

Reply 12#12 bala's post

Clara's date not going well was a little predictable but the episode revolving around Danny Pink time line was a little surprising

Reply 13#13 codebreaker's post

Considering he's joining the cast this season i wasn't . It's a way to introduce him into the series as regular .

8x05 Time Heist

I expected a bigger explosion when blowing a hole in the floor and no wonder they had their memories wiped after what happened to the other guys brain but the bank robbery turning into a rescue mission was nice

Reply 15#15 codebreaker's post

That was nice but the fact doctor was behind it was priceless .

Special Earth Conquest

Another good BBC America special with them promoting this season by travelling the world

The Caretaker

The only purpose of this episode was introduce the doctor to Cara boyfriend who we knew wouldn't get on with the doctor.

Reply 19#19 bala's post

I thought it was funny that the Doctor thought that Clara's boyfriend was the fella who looked kind of like Matt Smith.   I also got a kick out of him calling Danny a P.E. teacher.  

Any ideas on what you think the Promised Land is, or who Missy is yet?  This time the attendant talking to the newest arrival referred to her as God, and the "romised Land" as heaven (though he said it has many names), but I'd be very surprised if the storyline was truly religious in tone.  

43 123
Thread