49 123
Thread
Printable Version

The Flash (2014) Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 1#1 codebreaker's post

The Flash premieres tonight. I can't wait til it gets added to the site (I know it will)

Reply 14#14 bala's post

The second episode was much better than the pilot which had a few holes in it.

It was nice to see Barry acknowledge Joe as his 'Dad'....which he actually since the kid was 11.

Where's Iris's Mom? She's never been mentioned.

[ Last edited by Milks26 at 10-16-2014 11:02 ]

Reply 17#17 bala's post

I'm leaning towards death.9 out of 10 times kids end up with the mother.

Reply 17#17 bala's post

1x3

This episode was boring. Too much sappy scenes, its supposed to be an action show after all. Next week's episode looks promising though.

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 10-22-2014 11:13  
you didn't find a man who was poison gas exciting?
No, he's scenes were boring and all the background sap I could've survived without it. In my opinion bad episode all around.

Reply 24#24 gabsimom's post

I understand about the kids. I wasn't even going to watch it until I saw Jesse L martin was going to be in it.

Next week's episode looks good though...hopefully it will make up for the 3rd one.

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 10-23-2014 10:54  

Wow you become bitter in your old .... let you fill in the blanks

The background stuff is important you asked in previous episode what happened about Iris mother but you don't care what happene ...
But, damn! Don't sap me to death to accomplish the task!

Reply 31#31 codebreaker's post

Overall, the episode was decent but nothing to howl over. But, thank God it was better than last week episode - it was just to sappy for my taste.

I was literally screaming at the television for Barry to kiss Felicity - thank God he did. I like that fact that Iris is the end game - but the man can have some fun while she is.

Reply 33#33 bala's post

That's was  'Heatwave' character. played by Dominic Purcell.

But, according to the comics Heatwave is extremely scared of the cold....so Captain Cold brought someone to his team that he has power over.

[ Last edited by Milks26 at 10-29-2014 18:39 ]

Reply 38#38 bala's post

Its interesting Joe can figure out that Barry is in love with Iris but she has blinders on. I want to see her rescue from iron man next week

Reply 41#41 bala's post

Apart from The Flash/Barry & Iris scenes the episode overall was boring. Where did they find the actor playing the Metal man? Such a bad actor.

Other forums have Wells pegged as Reverse Flash from the future - let's see how that story plays out.

Quote:
Originally posted by arksongbird80 at 12-3-2014 18:55  

For someone so invested in the flash iris certainly changed her tune quickly when the flash sh ...

Another boring episode. the best part was the hospital scene between the Flash and Iris, and the encounter left her speechless.

I won't necessarily blame Iris for question the Flash's actions. In her mind he just attacked her boyfriend for no reason other than he was trying to do his job as a police officer. There is still a lot of unknowns surrounding the Flash intentions in society's eyes, so her reaction and decision is justifiable. Overall, it was a decent episode. The Flash won that fight hands down.

Reply 59#59 Milks26's post

1 x 9

Enjoyed the mid season finale. It's nice that he finally told Iris. Wells is probably one version of the RF, or just got access to his costume from time travelling. However, Eddie's ancestor was the original Reserve Flash - hence the reason he was not attacked like the other cops.

Somehow, I thought the whole Caitlin/Ronnie scenes were boring. The actress is just bad in that role - terrible casting.

Reply 62#62 bala's post

Originally, Reserves Flash is obsessed with the Flash just like Wells is. When he asked the computer to search for the Flash in the future and no recordings could be found - it appears that RF did not cause the Flash current disappearance.

Reply 73#73 arksongbird80's post

I think Wells is good but is not afraid to do bad things to fulfill his end game. He might be a good version who descended from the reserve Flash since he wants to see Barry succeed and protect him at all cost.

Episode 13 was good much better than 12.  It was nice to see that Iris was jealous, and it was very interesting to hear Barry tell/lie her that he was no longer in love with her. And how delicious it was that Linda could deduce that Iris was the person whom Barry was hung up on.

Taking another month long hiatus after Christmas break made no sense at all but at least this episode made up for that.

The writers had no choice but to press the rewind button since way, way too much happened & information was revealed here. Plus, now that Barry knows that he has that ability to alter time he will try to save his Mom if Wells allows it.

Reply 89#89 bala's post

As always your missing the point.

This show moves slow as snails - so revealing that much info was highly unusual - therefore we had the time rewind.

Plus, like I said Barry learns about another one of his abilities.

Reply 93#93 bala's post

1x16 Captain Cold & Heat Wave (I think its the casting of the actors - they always have bad actors for the villains) episodes are always boring....so I wasn't expecting anything special here.  

1x17 The Trickster episode started  out dull but when the original escaped the actor really shined. He was a combination of the Joker & Riddler rolled into the one but Mark Hamil pulled it off.

It was nice to see how Eobard Thawne became Harrison Wells. He either really loves being RF with all the speed or there is something really special  to get back to in the future.

Reply 96#96 bala's post

One of the main problems with the show is that it moves too slow then accelerates to fit the storyline. The audience had already guessed from the first episode that Wells was Eobard Thawne and RF, yet the story was and is still being dragged on ridiculously.

Reply 98#98 bala's post

Yep, that's exactly what they are doing.

I think next weeks' episode appears to have all the villains team up against the Flash. Which is okay since that scenario happens in the comics. But, I would've save that storyline  for next season. We already had 3 epis with Captain Cold & Heat Wave - now his sis is involved. 2 weather episodes yet they still have Gorilla Grod living in the sewers.

49 123
Thread