Thread
Printable Version

The Flash (2014) Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Quote:
what was the deal with his future self stopping his present self from intervening in the fight?
You remember back to the future and rule with time travel two object can not occupy the same space. It would eased him from existence

Reply 121#121 bala's post

alright.

Hey, when Barry was running inside the accelerator did you catch a glimpse of Caitlin's future self as Killer Frost (bad guy - well, if the writers follow the comics)? Cisco becomes Vibe (good guy)

[ Last edited by Milks26 at 5-29-2015 09:58 ]

Reply 122#122 Milks26's post

Surprised you knew about killer frost that was a secret only comic book fans know

I only found out after the fact when watching reviews

Reply 123#123 bala's post

Come on dude! I may voice my opinions if I like or don't like something but I always research stuff.  

Reply 124#124 Milks26's post

That's good to know

2x01 The Man Who Saved Central City

Honestly i was expecting better season première instead of this average Flash episode.

2x1

The episode was not about the 'big bad' but everyone reconnecting after tragic losses. It was stupid to have Barry's father just leave his son like that after 14 years apart. I could understand a few months down the road if he left, but not the same damn day. Overall, the episode fitted perfectly in 'The Flash' universe of subpar episodes.

Reply 129#129 Milks26's post

It was an okay season opener but honestly the Dad could have stuck around like Milks26 said.  To leave essentially at the same time as arriving is either cowardly or insensitive.  Barry worked his whole adult life to get him out.  Spend some time with your child.  It won't kill you.  

I'm really surprised they actually killed Caitlyn's fiancée.  He would have made a fun edition to the season.  Bummer.  

IDK the comic books at all.  If barry allen isn't the original flash, is the guy with the original flash hat actually the original?  I'm confused.  I know their were quite a few Flash's over the years.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 130#130 arksongbird80's post

I think he knows his son doesn't need him any more he feels like a burden to him i mean Joe been more of a father than he ever was so why should he stick around seeing that another man raised his son? . it will be constantly reminder

Reply 130#130 arksongbird80's post

The Flash that came in now wore the costume of the original Flash, but he appears to be from the future. Maybe one  episode will have Flash meeting the original one day

2x1

I'm kinda have an indifferent feeling about this episode. Its always the same thing week in week out.

Patty's character is annoying. Pushy people are not endearing. Now that she's on the task force it will take her about 2 episodes to figure out that Barry is the flash since she's such a big fan.

2x3

After two crappy episodes I actually loved this one. Although, historically, all Capt Cold episodes are crap...this one was the exception - maybe its because he's scenes were limited.

Finally we learn more about Iris' mother. I thought she was dead all this time but its nice to see she's not. Hopefully, she doesn't disappear as quickly as Barry's father did.

Michael Ironside was great as Snart & Lisa's father. Great casting choice here versus Wentworth playing Capt Cold.  

With Barry's history of exposing his identity to bad guys I was surprised he kept his mask on in Lisa's presense

Patty is still annoying. Writers bubbly is not endearing - but rather a turn off

Reply 134#134 Milks26's post

I don't know i just feel like this was average episode it felt more like a filler episode

2x4

I liked the episode. 2 decent episodes back to back. From the Flash you can't ask for more than that.

Reply 136#136 Milks26's post

You kind of wondering whether he's is Iris's brother guy who merged with firestorm since we never meet his mother ?

Reply 137#137 bala's post

That would be nice for Joe and Iris - but its seems like too  easy of a  gift wrapped in a bow.

I think the baby was probably Joe's but he died after childbirth since the Mom was addicted to drugs.

What do you think about Patty?

She's annoying. The writers have the actress  playing someone who's very perky all the time and I think the actress is doing a poor job at it. Although CW The Messengers was an exceptional show - I prefer the actress in that. We'll see if she gets better.

[ Last edited by Milks26 at 10-28-2015 12:07 ]

Reply 138#138 Milks26's post

Patty is ok she's doing best job she can you need understand actress is used to doing drama show which showed a lot emotions unfortunately this character she is playing has no real emotions that the problem . When i am talking emotions sadness that what she's good at .

On Messenger you preferred her because she was lead in the show not a secondary character. In the flash she is playing minor supporting character no idea what will happen to her character but i have hope she will stick around.

The problem is actress is not perky person you can tell she a very serious person so a bit miscasting but given her acting experience it was no brainer one tree hill and other shows she has done.

Reply 139#139 bala's post

Major or  minor character is not the issue. She's just not good at the role she is cast in. I have the same misgivings about Danielle Panebaker as Caitlin.

I've only seen her in the CW show, so that's all I can compare her to. But, as you say serious is probably her game.

Thread