Thread
Printable Version

Outlander Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 60#60 codebreaker's post

I am sure he got used to it consider he didn't mind get slapped but did we really need to see the king unable to take dump with an audience ? . How can you respect a king like that ?

2x03 Useful Occupations and Deceptions

What a shame Mary had no idea about sex but not wanting to marry a French man because of it was amusing and Claire making use of her healing skills made sense but tasting urine while pregnant was going too far, Jamie hiring a young pickpocket was a devious move but not telling him about Randall is going to have repercussions

2x04 La Dame Blanche

I thought he laced Claire's drink with poison after the way he stared while she was having trouble breathing and Claire's revelation that Randall is alive was great but Jamie's reaction was surprising, the rapist having a birth mark on his hand is bound to pay for what he did

2x05 Untimely Resurrection

Jack Randall coming to France and finding out both Claire and Jamie were there was a surprise but Jamie challenging him to duel and Claire begging him not to kill him because of Frank was just awful for him   .

Reply 67#67 bala's post

Claire sabotaging any chance of Mary and Alex getting together was understandable with Frank's existence being in danger and Jamie was bound to want revenge on Black Jack but the King laughing at him was amusing and Claire making sure Jack survives long enough for Frank's ancestor to be born was tough

2x06 Best Laid Schemes..

Using Claire's medical knowledge to devise a scheme to stop the wine deal was sneaky but Jamie being the Guinea-pig was amusing and I'm guessing Black Jack did something to the kid but stabbing him in the privates was poetic justice

Reply 70#70 codebreaker's post

Yes but beg the question about frank if he got damaged Frank wouldn't be born ?

2x07 Faith

I'm not surprised with the amount of blood on the table Claire lost the baby but her vision of having a daughter was bound to think otherwise and I suspected Black Jack tried to do something to the kid for stealing, Claire asking the King to release Jamie was understandable and at leased she knew what he would want in return

Reply 73#73 codebreaker's post

True but it mixed episodes with a lot of emotions

2x08 The Fox’s Lair

Jamie using Claire knowledge to try and put his grandfather of guard was crafty but Lord Lovat wasn't going to an easy target and Claire giving Laoghaire a second chance was surprising

2x09 Je Suis Prest

This was ok episode but what Claire did to make the boy confess was very amusing

2x09 Je Suis Prest

They have their work cut out trying to train them as soldiers when they don't know their left from right and Claire telling Dougal MacKenzie what to do with his offer was awesome but Claire pretending to be attacked to get the boy to talk was impressive

Thread