Thread
Printable Version

Transparent (Amazon) General Discussion (Spoilers)

Transparent (Amazon) General Discussion (Spoilers)

Transparent Premiered on Amazon on February 06, 2014

Transparent centers on Mort (Jeffrey Tambor) who gathers his three adult kids — Ali (Gaby Hoffman), Sarah and Joshua — for a talk about the future, but everyone is shocked to learn that it’s not a financial inheritance at stake, but rather the complex legacy of a secret life as a transgender. Everyone’s relationship — to the world, themselves, and each other — through the lens of boundaries, intimacy, sex and gender — is about to change. Jill Soloway is writing and directing the pilot, using much of the same team — including cinematographer and editor — she worked with on her latest feature, indie Afternoon Delight, which premiered at Sundance and opens later this month. Filming on Transparent is slated to begin in September. Tambor, repped by Gersh and the Burstein recently reprises his Emmy-nominated role on Arrested Development for Netflix.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Transparent Here

1x01 Pilot

You can understand why Mort chickened out about telling his three adult kids at first about being a cross dresser but walking in dressed as a woman was amusing

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

I didn't like this pilot it was awful . It was boring and i just couldn't care about subject matter consider children were all independent adults it would been different issues if children were teenagers and not adults.

Reply 5#5 bala's post

This followed by Mozart in the Jungle were the worst but the other three I would like to see made into a full season

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

Yes i would like other 3 to be made i havn't seen Mozart in the Jungle yet saving it for tomorrow.

The Rebels so far was my favourite i don't why it reminds me of  blue mountain state

1x02 The Letting Go

Not sure the exercise bench was designed for that but nether the less good exercise and Sarah should of put the seats back after making out with Tammy in the back of the car but you cant blame her for laughing after seeing her father in a dress

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 9-30-2014 21:34 ]

1x03 Rollin

Josh thinking his dad has a new girlfriend because of the smell of perfume was amusing as his dad chickened out of telling him but his girlfriend having an abortion without telling him was sad and Sarah telling her husband about Tammy was a surprise

1x04 Moppa

Maura finally comes out to Ali was great but being hi after a failed threesome was amusing but the girls going shopping and having a makeover with their dad was brave and defending him in the toilet was great

1x05 Wedge

Sarah, Josh and Ali setting out to find Shelly's husband Ed after he goes missing was nice but Josh becoming a womaniser after the abortion was surprising and trust Ali to tell Josh about their father

1x06 The Wilderness

Josh still thinking his father is having some sort of mental breakdown or middle life crisis after seeing the amount of wigs and make-up in the bathroom was surprising but trying to explain to the little ones their grandfather dresses as a woman was interesting

1x07 The Symbolic Exemplar

Ali exploring her feminine side was amusing as she liked to be ordered what to do but allowing and Josh going on a date with Rabbi Raquel was bound to happen sooner or later especially with his mother pushing them together. The kids turning out for Maura's performance in a talent show was nice but leaving before he finished was sad

1x08 Best New Girl

The flashbacks of Mort and his friend Mark escaping to a cross-dressing retreat in the woods was nice as it proves it isn't a middle life crisis

1x09 Looking Up

The kids being summoned to Shelly's to say goodbye to Ed made sense as he was dying but them finding out she was going to help him go was surprising and Maura thinking his kids missed the talent show rather than left before he finished was nice as he thought they didn't go at all

1x10 Why Do We Cover the Mirrors?

Ed's funeral bringing them all back together was what you would expect and I'm guessing he died outside rather than them helping him pass away but the family letting out a few more secrets Just when you thought there were no more was surprising especially Josh having a grown up son

This has now been added to the VIP site

Thread