55 123
Thread
Printable Version

BEWARE buying F$- money TAKEN from account with no points

BEWARE buying F$- money TAKEN from account with no points

I tried twice (stupidly) to buy F$ through friend vista yesterday - my card was declined twice so I gave up. No F$ were added to my account. Today I log on to my internet banking and see that two payments of £6.30 ($10) have been taken from my account from a company in Beijing,  company INT'L 0071040682 - safe to say I do not normally purchase things from China apart from here.

Have been using this site for years and will no longer be. Can't see myself getting that money back!

You've been warned.

Reply 1#1 sineadnoonan's post

There has been some changes to buying credit have you read this post from admin and if you still haven't received your credit in 24 hours send him a PM

SUPER Big Special Offer

I'll give that a go, thanks.

I deleted your other post with the same heading. It is not necessary to post the same thing more than once. I see Jim, aka codebreaker, has provided some useful information already. Be assured, you will receive any points you have paid for. The methods for purchasing F$ have changed, but our Administrator is the same, and does take care of any customer complaints.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Could you also make us aware when it has been resolved so that other members can be assured there has been nothing untoward happening. Thank you.
trulee - Red is better than Blue, We're the CHAMPIONS so it's TRUE!!

I am sorry for the issue and please send your order number (I-P-XXXXXX) to me by prviate message, I will check out for you.
We keep improving services for you.

I will update when it has been resolved.. Presumably the link to 'get F$' shouldn't still be on the site if the payment methods have changed. I'm not a seasoned forum user...!

Oh and no order number as card was 'declined'. I only have the reference number as per my initial thread. I have PMd lbjedward so will update on reply.

Reply 7#7 sineadnoonan's post

The link on the viptv site to the credit card gateway provider is still valid. It's just not quite as convenient as when Paypal was able to be used that way.

Ok, well it hasn't worked for me, my card was declined, so no order number other than the payment reference on my statement- payment was still taken and a week later I am still out of pocket. To me that isn't a 'valid' payment method, but I suppose it is possible I am the exception, not the rule. It's only $10 but still very annoying and it still hasn't been sorted. I keep checking as I want to watch something!

Reply 10#10 sineadnoonan's post

I'm a little confused because if your card was declined then how has the money been taken shouldn't that be an issue with the bank

Reply 10#10 sineadnoonan's post

Have you sent a PM to our Administrator, lbjedward, as requested? He's the only one on our site who can assist you. Moderators can point you in the right direction, but we do not have access to your account on the viptv site.

Yeah I have emailed lbjedward as requested but no reply. Rang bank- they said the Chinese company has taken the money from my account and the 'declined' message must have been fraudulent/ a mistake.

Happy to screenshot bank statement although that shouldn't be necessary as I have posted the number as above. As I said, it's only about £6 so not a big deal- just very annoying as I have used this site fairly frequently since 2007/8ish with no problems ever, and I'm not happy to send more money to get more points. I would like to continue using the site, but again, not prepared to throw away any more money over it. I'll give it a few days for a reply from lbjedward. End of weekend now so won't be watching shows during the week but will try and check back in the week if I get a sec.

Reply 14#14 sineadnoonan's post

I'll send a PM to LBJ on your behalf to see if that will help expedite matters.

How do I contact administration. I think there is a problem with the new way you take cash. I liked it beytter the way it was before. I tried to contact the email address (service@PtsExchange.net) and it came back. 

Not impressed! 

Quote:
Originally posted by bastien at 12-30-2013 02:59 How do I contact administration. I think there is a problem with the new way you take cash. I liked it beytter the way it was before. I tried to contact the email address (service@PtsExchange.net) and ...

I went back and this was the order number. 

Order number:I-P-138837294397.02
Payment Amount:30 USD
You Get:

Reply 17#17 bastien's post

You need to send a PM to lbjedward, our site administrator, with that information. The email you indicated your post was not one that belongs to this site, but rather the payment gateway, ptsexchange. In future, you may want to use the manner explained here to purchase F$. For now, please send a private message, from the link I provided, to lbjedward so he can look into the matter for you.

Quote:
Originally posted by waterlilybarb at 12-30-2013 05:32 You need to send a PM to lbjedward, our site administrator, with that information. The email you indicated your post was not one that belongs to this site, but rather the payment gateway, ptsexchange ...

After being a member for about 4-5 years I have never had issues, I did send a PM, with no response. Obviously this won't be dealt with. I have contacted my credit card company and cancelled any payment. 

Reply 19#19 bastien's post

Quote:
Originally posted by bastien at 12-30-2013 22:09

After being a member for about 4-5 years I have never had issues, I did send a PM, with no response. Obviously this won't be dealt with. I have contacted my credit card company and cancelled any payment.

What do you mean, "obviously this won't be dealt with"? Of course it will. You are wise to cancel any payment you are not comfortable with, and I am very sorry you've had so much difficulty this time. As you say, you've been a member for a long time, so I'd think by now you'd know that our site admin takes such matters seriously. I've checked the tracking on the PM I sent him about your situation, and he's not opened it yet. The last time there was a delay like this, it was because he had been in an accident and unable to get to things in as timely a manner as usual. I'm not trying to make excuses, as there should be someone who can step in when LBJ isn't available for such things, but I hope this experience doesn't sour your whole opinion of the site. He is aware that some members have had issues with the payment gateway, which is why the "Special Offer" was put in place.

55 123
Thread