40 12
Thread
Printable Version

Trophy Wife Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Trophy Wife Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Trophy Wife Premieres on ABC on September 24, 2013

They say the third time’s the charm and reformed party girl Kate (Malin Akerman) is hoping that’s true when she becomes Pete’s (Bradley Whitford) third wife. She fell into his arms (literally) at a karaoke bar and a year later, Kate’s got an insta-family complete with three stepchildren and two ex-wives. Diane (Marcia Gay Harden) is ex-wife number one, an intense, over-achieving doctor and the mother of twin teenagers Hillary (Bailee Madison) and Warren (Ryan Scott Lee). Diane is quick to convey her withering disapproval of Kate’s barely tapped maternal instinct. Ex-wife number two, Jackie (Michaela Watkins), is mother to adopted son, Bert (Albert Tsai), and can pull Pete’s strings with her special blend of neurotic, new-ageyness. Juggling all this baggage is uncharted territory for Kate who finds support with her best friend Meg (Natalie Morales) a party-hearty singleton and the only woman Kate knows who has less experience with kids than she has.

Trophy Wife stars Malin Akerman (Suburgatory) as Kate, Bradley Whitford (The West Wing) as Pete, Marcia Gay Harden (Into the Wild, Damages) as Diane, Michaela Watkins (Saturday Night Live) as Jackie, Natalie Morales (Parks and Recreation) as Meg, Ryan Scott Lee (Super 8) as Warren, Albert Tsai (How I Met Your Mother) as Bert and Bailee Madison as Hillary.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Trophy Wife Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 10-16-2013 19:16 ]

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 10-16-2013 19:09 ]

1x01 Pilot

Kate breaking Pete's nose was amusing but meeting all his ex's and children at the hospital was priceless, Hillary giving her a hard time was understandable as she is the third wife but the water bottle was her own fault as she gave her the idea

Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

Wow she must be crazy having one ex-wife is tough enough but 2 can be a challenge but Chinese kid was my favourite out of the cast he bound cause most trouble .

This has now been added to the flash site

1x02 Cold File

It was obvious Diane knew Warren and Hillary had damage her couch but the subtle mental torture amusing but who would of thought Kate putting Bert to bed would be so hard

1x03 The Social Network

If Diane asking Pete to snoop in Hillary room wasn't bad enough but going on her Facebook page was well out of order and Kate trying a different tactic by being Hillary's friend was bound to have repercussions, Diane's fake profile may be wrong but stands a chance of getting some good results

1x04 The Breakup

Meg being spotted swimming topless by the neighbours kids was amusing and I cant imagine a 14 year old being traumatised by seeing breasts

1x05 The Tryst

Pete and Kate not realising Diane was on Skype when they were lying about being busy was amusing and after watching Jackie's online dating video she really did need help to jazz it up

live chat

how does anyone get a reply from live chat when I select live chat it comes up but when i type a question no one ever answers it why is there no one there or what can anybody give me a clue

Reply 10#10 cwloman2's post

I've never had to use it as there is always someone in the forum who can usually help

1x06 Halloween

The school boys must of thought it was their lucky day when Kate cut in line and the moms fighting over Bert and his favourite holiday but trust them to loose him

1x07 The Date

If Jackie crashing Kate and Pete's party wasn't bad enough she hooks up with Pete's co-worker Steve but both of them jump on the bandwagon to give young love a boost when Steve decided to pursue the relationship was understandable as they were hoping her would take her off their hands

1x08 Lice and Beary White

Bert getting lice first was unfortunate but everyone start scratching afterwards was amusing, Warren and Bert fight over the teddy bear was crazy but sabotaging the shampoo for Diane was a great way to teach her a lesson for taking over

1x09 Russ Bradley Morrison

Kate setting Diane up on a date in the hope it will mellow her out was amusing as she was already dating him and Jackie looking after Pete when he got sick was a bad choice

1x10 Twas the Night Before Christmas… or Twas It?

Kate, Pete, Diane and Jackie waking up to a house that looks like a hurricane was amusing as the had no idea what happened until they pieced together the last twelve hours

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 10-4-2013 01:12  
It was obvious Diane knew Warren and Hillary had damage her couch but the subtle mental torture amusing but who would of thought Kate putting Bert to bed would be so hard
Well you knew something would go wrong but give him coffee was priceless

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 10-10-2013 16:36  
If Diane asking Pete to snoop in Hillary room wasn't bad enough but going on her Facebook page was well out of order and Kate trying a different tactic by being Hillary's friend was bound to have repe ...
This how parenting has changed instead reading their diary all parents need to do check their kid's social network to see what's going on.

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 10-16-2013 20:52  
Meg being spotted swimming topless by the neighbours kids was amusing and I cant imagine a 14 year old being traumatised by seeing breasts
*comment inappropriate to post on a public fourm* but that really depends

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 10-24-2013 15:43  
Pete and Kate not realising Diane was on Skype when they were lying about being busy was amusing and after watching Jackie's online dating video she really did need help to jazz it up
Yes but i surprised she could see what was written on page through Skype but you would think turn off the microphone would much easier option instead moving laptop outside.

40 12
Thread