Thread
Printable Version

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 40#40 sanggye's post

thanks for the correction

1x04 Eye Spy

Akela taking out all the guys on the train was impressive and Grant covering Akela's mission was interesting as he had too avoid mirrors but being told to seduce the guard was amusing

Reply 43#43 codebreaker's post

Well i am glad she wasn't a bad guy and that's she was being controlled

Reply 44#44 bala's post

I agree with that and I'm glad Shay was all tech and helpful.  
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Girl in the Flower Dress

Well another ok episode seriously this episode was so predictable there wasn't any surprises

Reply 47#47 bala's post

i'm really glad skye wasn't really a traitor.  I'm also glad she picked s.h.i.e.l.d over that loser boyfriend.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 48#48 arksongbird80's post

I agree that finding the truth about Skye was cool, but I am getting irritated with how the show is running.  The whole S.H.I.E.L.D. keeping those with powers from learning and using them is a bad idea.  It's OK to have Iron Man, Captain America, and the others, but not all right for new heroes to come up, kind of defeats the whole Marvel superhero universe.
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 49#49 sanggye's post

I think your missing the point the whole point S.H.I.E.L.D is to make sure this remains a secret. Ironman is human , Thor was born a god and captain America was created as weapon to protect them against soviet war. These people ain't needed so keep a lid on these powers is rather important for national security that is purpose of the organisation.  

You keep thinking we live sci-fi world imagine how you would feel if you found there people in world that had powers you would want some sort of protection for the sake of society. You saw in this episode what happens when someone who has power get manipulated in helping bad guys.

Think about gang shooting in Detroit imagine if they recruited people with powers ?

I know this is an ideological discussion and i should probably not take this as seriously.

These people ain't ready to be heroes and why do we need new heroes when we have ironman, Thor and Hulk?

Reply 50#50 bala's post

But this is a Marvel production, and it has already been noticed by the public from the battle of New York (Avengers movie) that there are superheroes (along with the other movies)  Also S.H.I.E.L.D. is not an organization from 1 government but is a world-wide organization.

I know we most likely won't see many "real" heroes from the comics, mainly because of licensing (No Spider-Man, X-Men and such) but if they are going to use the "Marvel Cinematic Universe" I would like to see a real superhero world instead of people with powers being oppressed, then it becomes like the government side of various other shows with people with super-powers (Heroes, Ordinary Family and so on)
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 51#51 sanggye's post

Yes but we know they don't actually know full story behind battle of new york you just know there some of it but not everything.

Reply 52#52 bala's post

If you saw the Avenger's then you know what happened at the Battle of New York, what we don't know is what happened really with Coulson

1x05 Girl in the Flower Dress

Skye risking her relationship with the team right just to help a friend was careless and how can they call Scorch a superhero when they turned him  into a killer

Quote:
how can they call Scorch a superhero when they turned him  into a killer
He wanted to be a superhero but got misguided when they took away his abilities

Reply 55#55 bala's post

How did they take abilities when he had his street fire show and then he incinerated the doctor, to me it looked like they increased his abilities and she also suggested the superhero name

Reply 56#56 codebreaker's post

I was refer to fact that they took away his abilities when drain fire resistant protein out of his body preventing him from using the power. He needs those protein in the bottle to get back his ablity.

F.Z.Z.T.

Well i have to say i never expected Simmons to jump out of the plane but that was one hell of a rescue by Grant

Reply 28#28 bala's post

This still doesn't come up under search because Marvel is spelt wrong

Thread