90 12345
Thread
Printable Version

The Bridge (US) Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Bridge (US) Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Bridge (US) Premieres on FX on July 10, 2013

Set on the border between El Paso and Juarez, The Bridge centers on two detectives, one from the United States and one from Mexico, who must work together to hunt down a serial killer operating on both sides of the U.S.-Mexican border. Executive Producers Meredith Stiehm (Homeland) and novelist and television writer/producer Elwood Reid adapted The Bridge for American television from the international hit series Bron, which was set on the border of Denmark and Sweden.

In The Bridge, Demián Bichir stars in the role of “Marco Ruiz,” a homicide investigator for the state of Chihuahua, Mexico living in Ciudad Juárez. A family man, Marco is one of the last good men in a corrupt and apathetic police force that is outgunned by the powerful drug cartels.  He's sharp, charming, and observant and painfully aware that his city is in a state of chaos. When a body is dumped on the bridge that spans the El Paso-Ciudad Juárez border, Ruiz is forced to work with his American counterpart, “Detective Sonya Cross.”

Diane Kruger stars as “Detective Sonya Cross,” a dogged cop who has an undiagnosed disorder that falls on the autism spectrum.  Cross is shockingly candid and calls the world as she sees it, which can be off-putting to her colleagues, but she is also extremely effective at her job.

Ted Levine plays “Lieutenant Hank Wade,” a member of Detective Cross’s team at the El Paso Police Department who is a veteran cop with a weathered, cowboy swagger. He is not surprised by anything that human beings will do to one another, but he's utterly baffled by the office coffeemaker. Hank knows that Sonya communication skills are challenged, and repeatedly has to advise her how to work more diplomatically with others. Annabeth Gish plays “Charlotte Millwright,” a wealthy ranch wife suddenly widowed when her older husband Karl suffers a massive heart attack while on the Mexican side of the border.  A sheltered woman with a ranch to run, Charlotte quickly learns that her late husband has many shocking secrets. Thomas M. Wright plays “Steven Linder,” a wolf of a man who is no stranger to the dark and jumbled chaos of Juárez.
Matthew Lillard plays “Daniel Frye,” a cocky reporter with the El Paso Times whose hard partying ways have taken a toll on his once promising journalism career.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About The Bridge (US) Here

Episode 1

Good start to the series with one hell of message with the fake bomb . Sonya is one hell of workaholic with no social skills while Marco is more laid back this is going to be interesting partnership .

1x01 Pilot

The serial killer operating on both sides of the border makes for a nice change and the fact the bodies were also from both sides of the border was an interesting twist but sad to think it was only the death of a white woman the investigation started, Sonya so called bed side manner is about the worst I've seen

Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

Yeah there's a reason for that but i wont spoil it for you

This has now been added to the flash site

1x02 Calaca

I'm surprised Sonya picked up a stranger for sex and letting him see the the crime scene photos was bizarre

Rio

Well that reporter got more than he bargained for going into mexico having a man shot in front of him and than having stay at his junior reporter parent place was eye-opener.

1x03 Rio

I cant believe Sonya just blurted out I cant have sex at work and the shooting in the street was insane, finding the girl on-line tied up in the dessert heat was a surprise but that would be a horrible way to die

Reply 12#12 codebreaker's post

Yes that made me laugh for me that comedy aspect to such a dark show

1x04 Maria of the Desert

The time running out for Maria as the broadcast continues was disturbing but who supplied the ransom money was an interesting twist but as the police investigation is effecting his business you can understand why, Sonya did a great job in figuring out where she was

Reply 15#15 codebreaker's post

Yes i think first time i have seen criminal actually provide money for the cops

The Beast

The fact that Sonya return Carlos wallet in front of his wife was priceless and she had no clue why he got thrown out of his house by his wife was amusing until Carlos had to help her connect the dots. Who would thought that teenage runaway would end up in Mexico and actually witness the person the cops are after.

1x05 The Beast

Marco's wallet falling out of his trouser when he took them off was unfortunate and you can understand why his wife thought the worst after Sonya had just returned it but offering her couch after his wife kicked him out I thought was a bad idea

Reply 19#19 codebreaker's post

Well i don't think they heading towards that direction but to be honest it was her fault because she didn't realise the consequence of returning her wallet.

90 12345
Thread